• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

This is pretty much something that I like a lot from Bloodline Champions which also has healing. I don't know if it would be great or not in the game, but in that game, there was a max health that you could heal up to, which was your current health + a percentage of your max health.

For example, Let's look at Scout, Assault, and Brawler with a recovery health pool of 40%

As long as you don't get below 60% health, you can still heal up to max.

However once you get below that,

Scout can only heal up to Current HP + 128

Assault can only heal up to Current HP + 226

Brawler can only heal up to Current HP + 320

Now I can see already that this is very bad for A classes, so of course values could be changed to where they can get a higher % like 45 or something around that and maybe C classes get 35 which would be +144/+226/+280

Just adding more ideas to the mix. Though this would be better for a gamemode with round elimination.

Now another issue with this is that mechs like Sharpshooter can clearly just power shot a light mech to instantly make them go below the 60% or so to where they can't heal up to max again and that would be an awful problem to have, at that point SS would have to change. That's the only mech that really breaks this atm. Just playing around with this as an idea, and looking for further suggestions to tweak the concept to something playable.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Well, I'm on the fence with the idea, except for the fact that the Sharpshooter would have to be changed because of it. Also it might prompt others to heal more often.

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Yeah they will heal more often and techs will probably become more important than before too. Yet again, two problems I see with it, but I think one of the benefits is that it will reduce the efficacy of a deathball.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Uh man, hasn't the sharpy been nerfed enough throughout it's lifetime?

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
I don't think techs would be more important...

Actually techs will be less when the mchs are regenerating lvl health but more important when its criticly low...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

I don't think techs would be more important...

Actually techs will be less when the mchs are regenerating lvl health but more important when its criticly low...

They aren't regenerating health, it effectively lowers the max hp a mech will have after taking a certain amount of damage. to make sure a mech doesn't get chipped to below that threshold, a tech would be extremely important to have.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
It just depends on the situations....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users