Photo

Ten things I would like to see added to Hawken over the next 90 days.

- - - - - content features lists added hawken game mode maps campaign

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

So, I was pretty vocal over on the Hawken Subreddit about what I really would like to see in Hawken before I spent anymore money on the game. So I came up with a list of things I personally would really like to see.

• A choice between dual, small team, medium team, and large team games. (1v1, 3 v 3, 6 v 6, and 12 v 12 respectively.) This shouldn't split the community if one can just search for "any team-size" game.

• Considering the game has 18 mechs and 9 maps, I would like to see around a 1/3 of that in new content, 6 new mechs and 3 new maps.

• I would love to see classic multiplayer modes, Capture the Flag, and Search and Destroy added to the game. I would also like to see something similar to Push from Insurgency added in. I would also like to see a single and double spawn Hardcore Modes.

• I would like to see a veto system, where I can choose which maps, team sizes,and game modes I would like to play, and then I can click an auto-match button that finds a game with those parameters. I would also like to see how many others are searching for the same maps, team sizes and game modes.

• A community campaign mode, where the matches I play over time can contribute to a grand map battle for territory on Illal. this type of mode is something I am seeing a lot of Free to Play games adding over time. Warthunder will have it, and MechWarrior Online already does.

• A general ranking system with five tiers, greenhorn, lower 33%, middle 33% and top 33%, and an elite 1%. I know their is already an MMR system, but it would be nice to see where you place amongst others and it would mostly serve to give a player feedback.

• General in game clan support and tags, allowing for players to organize into guilds, clan or teams for competitive play. I know this was already talked about, but it is something I generally would really like to see. I would also really like for a fee to see people be able to file and register custom game cosmetics for personal or clan use.

• I personally would like to see some variation on Co-op modes, maybe a point A to point B mode, or a protect the V.I.P mode?

• And, I would like to see some innovation in terms of gameplay, such as either flying mechs or some kind of combined arms game mode. Hawken has a wonderful gameplay design and story, and I would really like to see it fleshed out and expanded upon. Heck, maybe an ARG could be designed to really flesh out the story and add some intrigue to the game.

Now, I understand, that the game hasn't really been in Reloaded Games hands for very long, but I hope if even a moderate amount of these features could be added at some point in the next few months, I would be more than willing to spend a decent amount of money into the game.

Edited by Dancing, 21 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

• diablo878 and The_Tennant like this

NM31Gmn.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

In 90 days?

Y`know, stuff like developing a game takes a good amount of time, right? First they must plan it, then have the resources to do it, and then actually implement it.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

90 weeks, and still unlikely to fully happen 

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

In 90 days?

Y`know, stuff like developing a game takes a good amount of time, right? First they must plan it, then have the resources to do it, and then actually implement it.

Even if some of these things were added over the next few months, I would still be pretty happy. Heck, if they showed us pretty solid plans that some of this stuff was coming, I would be excited.

Edited by Dancing, 21 March 2015 - 05:15 AM.

• LiveBacteria likes this

NM31Gmn.png

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

That is a lot for 90 days considering they are only just starting their hiring process for the new dev team now.

• A choice between dual, small team, medium team, and large team games. (1v1, 3 v 3, 6 v 6, and 12 v 12 respectively.)

I'm going to have to disagree with that until a larger population. At the current amount of players it would further cause the pl;ayers to split and be fractured into groups. Later on when there are more people I would like to see this.

• Considering the game has 18 mechs and 9 maps, I would like to see around a 1/3 of that in new content, 6 new mechs and 3 new maps.

New mechs are good and new maps are good. I would love to see another support mech since tech is the only one. Maybe something more focused on shields or buffs rather than a straight healer tether.

• A general ranking system with five tiers, greenhorn, lower 33%, middle 33% and top 33%, and an elite 1%. I know their is already an MMR system, but it would be nice to see where you place amongst others and it would mostly server to give a player feedback.

I honestly hate that kind of system. I agree that something more should be done to show where the players rank among each other. (Straight MMR is good for ranking but not quite good at showing where you are.) Something based off the current MMR would be good. If just leagues style of doing things that promote progress on your MMR. I think attaching a 'threat' level value directly through a colour is more negative than positive and from the games I've played that have employed that style i think those negatives outweigh the positives.

• The_Tennant and Cardinal_1 like this

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

That is a lot for 90 days considering they are only just starting their hiring process for the new dev team now.

• A choice between dual, small team, medium team, and large team games. (1v1, 3 v 3, 6 v 6, and 12 v 12 respectively.)

I'm going to have to disagree with that until a larger population. At the current amount of players it would further cause the pl;ayers to split and be fractured into groups. Later on when there are more people I would like to see this.

Why would this split the community? Right now we can choose between modes, by clicking any mode, why wouldn't they just make it so someone can just click "any mode, any map, and any team size?"

I mean sure, if they designed it so it split the community, I guess woe is me, but I don't think any logical developer would do that.

NM31Gmn.png

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

BEcause

Why would this split the community? Right now we can choose between modes, by clicking any mode, why wouldn't they just make it so someone can just click "any mode, any map, and any team size?"

I mean sure, if they designed it so it split the community, I guess woe is me, but I don't think any logical developer would do that.

It would further fracture player base into groups once again. Right now the way things are split is by server region then gametype. If you put another requirement atop of that you are increasing the specifications for someones games. If they are qeueing it would then take longer to queue likewise people with likewise people. And if they are server browsing that is going to cut things down to what they want rather than the bigger amount of those open. 

Currently the player base is too small for players to be picky with their games and get what they wish in a short period of time. IF the player base was to increase then yes it would work fine because there is a larger range of players to grab from for those specifications.

The_Tennant

The_Tennant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

It's going to take a lot more than 90 days implement even half of this. But I like some of your ideas.

A community campaign mode, where the matches I play over time can contribute to a grand map battle for territory on Illal. this type of mode is something I am seeing a lot of Free to Play games adding over time. Warthunder will have it, and MechWarrior Online already does.

Thumbs for this idea. Even though it'll be ages before the devs will able to even think about it I think it would still be insane amounts of fun to have. ZombieBiscuit is right in that we'll have to wait for the playerbase to expand first but I'm already salivating at the thought of large scale Hawken wars.

And, I would like to see some innovation in terms of gameplay, such as either flying mechs or some kind of combined arms game mode. Hawken has a wonderful gameplay design and story, and I would really like to see it fleshed out and expanded upon. Heck, maybe an ARG could be designed to really flesh out the story and add some intrigue to the game.

One of the things that really did first intrigue me about Hawken was its dark, gritty theme and intriguing story. Once the game is back at full health and new development begins I would love to see some expansions to the story and maybe even some way to integrate the story into the game itself. Once again, multiplayer campaign wars would a be good way to do that.

What's ARG by the way? Do you mean augmented reality game, 'cause I'm not sure?

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

BEcause

It would further fracture player base into groups once again. Right now the way things are split is by server region then gametype. If you put another requirement atop of that you are increasing the specifications for someones games. If they are qeueing it would then take longer to queue likewise people with likewise people. And if they are server browsing that is going to cut things down to what they want rather than the bigger amount of those open. 

Currently the player base is too small for players to be picky with their games and get what they wish in a short period of time. IF the player base was to increase then yes it would work fine because there is a larger range of players to grab from for those specifications.

Well...

I just disagree with you.

I don't think it would and if it was designed with keeping the community match-making cohesion in mind. Which is most defiently in the realm of possibility, it should become a problem. I understand player numbers are rather small, but if the last week or so, is any indication of past player recollection.

Than I am really not seeing anything that could prevent something like team-size game choice really being an obstacle for them. So I kind of see what you are trying to say, but in the long run this kind of arguement is really kind of illogical, don't you think?

I mean the benefits, far out-weigh the cons for this type of option for players.

NM31Gmn.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Well...

I just disagree with you.

I don't think it would and if it was designed with keeping the community match-making cohesion in mind. Which is most defiently in the realm of possibility, it should become a problem. I understand player numbers are rather small, but if the last week or so, is any indication of past player recollection.

Than I am really not seeing anything that could prevent something like team-size game choice really being an obstacle for them. So I kind of see what you are trying to say, but in the long run this kind of arguement is really kind of illogical, don't you think?

I mean the benefits, far out-weigh the cons for this type of option for players.

Hawken works best in a 6v6. That is how it was designed. Anything else needs to be organized to have any sort of fun. The player base would be fractured with any playlist additions, and with the population as low as it is, I wouldn't like to see any additions to the playlist just yet. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Oh no. I agree it should be eventually implemented, but only upon an expanded player base. It is much like a business, if it expands too fast with extra spedifications it can just fall back on itself.

Say you have 500 players right now. (Not actual pop, just using for example.)

100 per region.

12 in each gametype. That is about 8 games per region. So that is about 2 games per gametype.

Now if you add the group sizing on top of that you fracture those 8 once again and you will either have dead lobbies or lower amount of players in each lobby.

Of course if you say double or even triple the population to 1500 then you easily have enough to put in lobby sizings without splitting people.

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Oh no. I agree it should be eventually implemented, but only upon an expanded player base. It is much like a business, if it expands too fast with extra spedifications it can just fall back on itself.

Say you have 500 players right now. (Not actual pop, just using for example.)

100 per region.

12 in each gametype. That is about 8 games per region. So that is about 2 games per gametype.

Now if you add the group sizing on top of that you fracture those 8 once again and you will either have dead lobbies or lower amount of players in each lobby.

Of course if you say double or even triple the population to 1500 then you easily have enough to put in lobby sizings without splitting people.

Okay, so at this point, I don't think we are having a conversation. I think you are talking at me. I appreciate, however that you took the time to respond.

NM31Gmn.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Wow man u sure are demanding....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

DisorderlyMechanic

DisorderlyMechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • A general ranking system with five tiers, greenhorn, lower 33%, middle 33% and top 33%, and an elite 1%. I know their is already an MMR system, but it would be nice to see where you place amongst others and it would mostly serve to give a player feedback.

If this was even done i hope they'd make an opt out button. Not everyone want to be graded, especially people who play for just fun and not for a rank.

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Wow man u sure are demanding....

The difference between an Expectation and Demand are razor thin. However, I don't think I am being erratic. I am quite aware the whims of the developers and market, do not respond to the snap of my fingers. They are suggestions after all. They can be ignored, but I was trying to think of features I have seen in similar games to Hawken, that make me wanna spend money.

:rolleyes:

like Buddha said, "Attachements lead to suffering."

and one can view that statement in many different ways.

NM31Gmn.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

The difference between an Expectation and Demand are razor thin. However, I don't think I am being erratic. I am quite aware the whims of the developers and market, do not respond to the snap of my fingers. They are suggestions after all. They can be ignored, but I was trying to think of features I have seen in similar games to Hawken, that make me wanna spend money.

:rolleyes:

like Buddha said, "Attachements lead to suffering."

and one can view that statement in many different ways.

I'm sorry I just assumed u were demanding cuz u were using a lot of "I want" in your suggestions and yeah suggestions don't realy start with "I want" plus u set a Lil dead line there which reenforced the idea of a demand so yeah sorry man if I miss understood but yeah gotta admit tho it still REALY looks like a demand .... Lol XD

Edited by Grollourdo, 21 March 2015 - 07:25 AM.

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Dancing

Dancing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I'm sorry I just assumed u were demanding cuz u were using a lot of "I want" in your suggestions and yeah suggestions don't realy start with "I want" plus u set a Lil dead line there which reenforced the idea of a demand so yeah sorry man if I miss understood but yeah gotta admit tho it still REALY looks like a demand .... Lol XD

I am sorry my syntax upsets you.

:thumbsup:

NM31Gmn.png

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I am sorry my syntax upsets you.

:thumbsup:

lol man

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

No flying mechs, please oh please.  The air compressor is bad enough...

Edited by bacon_avenger, 21 March 2015 - 03:48 PM.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

MechTech0520

MechTech0520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

90 days well developing takes a long time so maybe set the expectation longer but I can see making 3 new maps in 90 days

Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

New mechs are good and new maps are good. I would love to see another support mech since tech is the only one. 

The old devs classified the Incinerator as a support mech. 

MechTech0520

MechTech0520

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

The old devs classified the Incinerator as a support mech. 

Well the incinerator does support by helping with cool down rate

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Well the incinerator does support by helping with cool down rate

Yeah lol he supports ALOT XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Urska

Urska

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

you be lucky if they add any thing in 90days. they have alot of seting up to do. but i cant be mad if they do add stuff and all

Been playing Hawken Since Feb 11 2014

and SUPER Dyslexia

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I just want to see a few new maps, a couple mechs, and some new gametypes/modes, even if it all only happens over the course of this year.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

TempestR

TempestR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

a bit demanding dontcha think?

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Its going to be more than 90 days. They are still working out bugs on the backend and still looking into the Hawken code base. It could be more than 3 months before a decent patch is released. But who knows, they all may have magical powers we dont know about yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: content, features, lists, added, hawken, game mode, maps, campaign

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users