- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Vespu

Vespu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

As per topic, do you guys think it is a good idea?

Adding bots on missing slots helps to balance the team a little. bots AI could be set at an average mmr base on the average of all players. Could help to reduce the chances of one sided match which can be seen during unbalance games.

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
But they are BIG feeders...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Except if their programming is slightly modified serve their team based on the situation, map, and level of play. So that maybe they will play defensive if their team is in an advantage, or suppression when human players are using frontliner mechs ... 

You get my point.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

^this

Maybe in a 4v5 match, add bots to the ENEMY team.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Vespu

Vespu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Make no different as if in a 6 v 3 situation. the 3 players will still get rape to death.

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Teljaxx the Unintentional

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

The bots would have to be smart enough to be an asset, and not a detriment to the team that has them. But they also would have to not be so good that they out play novice players, and end up being the entire reason that team won. They would need to scale with MMR, or some other skill factor. If this can be achieved, then yes, they would be a good addition to the game.

There should also be some servers with bot replacements, and some without. That way, if you want to play with potentially uneven, but human only teams, you can. Or you can have teams that will hopefully be more even with bots.

Me are always recall near what beauty I quench thy water at dost hast jest if clubly pink codpiece shall torment yon melancholy questioned bare peach to see whatsoever hitherto delicate purple sausage mans.

BlueOrb.gif

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

As per topic, do you guys think it is a good idea?

Adding bots on missing slots helps to balance the team a little. bots AI could be set at an average mmr base on the average of all players. Could help to reduce the chances of one sided match which can be seen during unbalance games.

Nope.

When I want to plan an online arena shooter, I want to play it against real players.

• EM1O and M3CH47 like this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Not so sure this is a good idea, but you have to admit the bots won't rage-quit on you. Of course, the flip side is if the butt-rape victims DO quit, the auto-balance feature isn't going to kick in because the bailed-out team can still be fully staffed--with bots.

You might as well go play coop bot tdm, if that happens.

I don't see match substitute bots happening, due to the nightmare of code diddling that will be needed to make this even remotely viable due to these scenarios.

• Amidatelion likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The thing is the bot AI in game right now is incredibly stratified and furthermore seems to be dependent on the mech in use. A bot in a miniflak vanguard will do much better than a bot in a Sharpshooter because the bots don't seem to use cover. So you'd have to balance for that before even getting into the difficulty levels the gaps between which are so huge it's hilarious. 

Ever fought X4C1U5 bot before?

• EM1O likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Wait after re reading all of this... This is just like coop tdm... Lol with a Lil difference but that's it...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Just bumping this back to the top because it is a good idea. 

Honestly I would rather have bots on my team than have missing slots. 

I don't know if any of you have played in teh coop tdm lately.  If you bring some high mmrs into the coop bot tdm it becomes somewhat difficult due to the bots becoming omniscient killing machines.

The code is presumably mostly there already. In coop bot tdm player team slots are taken up by bots until a player join. The bot is kicked and the player takes the spot and if that player leaves a bot is put back in that place. 

I personally would much rather have bots filling in my team until a player joins rather than be down a person for a random amount of time.

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 18 April 2015 - 09:44 AM.

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users