• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I've heard some less than great comments about them, and I've been looking around on other forums, but due to how many different versions of Hawken there had been over time I figured I would need ask this forum directly...

Are either G2 Mechs worth my time? Never mind potential playstyle, I just want to know if they are really viable.

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

The G2 Assault is good if you have a steady hand and good flanking skills, because you have to flank and hold your fire continuously, and it is best to inflict as much dmg as possible so you don't overheat.

The G2 Raider is scary, but as far as I can tell nobody uses it a ton.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The G2 Assault is viable in >2000 play. It has great DPS assuming your opponent doesn't understand cover. No amount of skill or training really makes it viable in high-tier play.

The G2 Raider is probably the single hardest mech to play in the game. It has stupidly high burst, at the cost of mobility, health, fuel and more that I'm probably missing. That being said, you master this, you can take on everything in your MMR bracket and beyond. But it's going to take a LOT of mastering. You need good situational awareness, good accuracy and good tactics. Otherwise it is about as useful as a G2 Assault.

• DisorderlyMechanic, Flifang and JackVandal like this

FlamingBeaker

FlamingBeaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

They are worth the time (and fun to drive), but they are like specialized tools that are only good for a few things. Get the other mechs first, they are much more versatile because you have a choice of 3 different primary weapons when their levels are maxed out.

The G2s come maxed out, but are forever stuck with the same primary weapons.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I did some research on the Raider's T32 compared to G2's T32. Are they really pretty much the same save for G2 getting an XT added to the name?

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I've found certain mechs just work better for certain gamemodes. I use my G2 Assault almost exclusively for Siege, because it is great for clearing the AA area (especially in Last Eco). I use my Pred mostly for Missile Assault. Etc, etc.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

G2's for me seem to only be able to get assists, it seems i can get a guy to about 2 hp and then i die, is it just me, or does the armor seem a bit low? (yes i know they arent mechs to be taken seriously and they are just for fun)

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

G2's for me seem to only be able to get assists, it seems i can get a guy to about 2 hp and then i die, is it just me, or does the armor seem a bit low? (yes i know they arent mechs to be taken seriously and they are just for fun)

A skilled G2 raider pilot with a good aim should be taken VERY seriously.
G2 Assault is a lesser concern imo, but still a serious threat too if you let it too close.
  • KOS_Baconman likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

G2 Assault is supposed to be a "fun" mech. It isn`t.

G2 Raider is a little more solid, but I have not played it enough to see what it got uses for.

• KOS_Baconman likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I did some research on the Raider's T32 compared to G2's T32. Are they really pretty much the same save for G2 getting an XT added to the name?

They are, the difference is in the Corsair.

I feel that the G2 Assault is quite weak for what it offers, not having the tow rocket really hurts it against other mechs.

G2 Raider, however, can be really brutal once mastered. Most A class mechs will be vaporized in one hit from the Corsair alone, add in the T32 and you got a terrifying engine of destruction on your hands.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

From the looks of things the Corsair looks like it's the same for G1 and G2 Raider. Only difference is G2 has XT at the end of it, like the T32.

I mean, it kinda looks like G2 is just G1 but heavier and different special ability

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

G2 assault in co-op bot destruction with the damage upgrades just tears everything apart. But otherwise it is pretty useless.

Everytime I see  a G2 Assault I say in my head "Hi there worst mech!" and then "Bye worst mech!" 

Meanwhile the Battleturkey scares the fuzzy bunny out of me

Edited by Rainbow Sheep, 09 April 2015 - 10:52 PM.

Spoiler

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

From the looks of things the Corsair looks like it's the same for G1 and G2 Raider. Only difference is G2 has XT at the end of it, like the T32.

No, the normal Corsair fires faster, but has slightly less damage than the Corsair-XT.

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I mean, it kinda looks like G2 is just G1 but heavier and different special ability

The only difference between the normal weapons and the XT weapons is that the XT has higher damage, but a slower rate of fire. Therefore the DPS works out to be the same. This gives the Raider G2 incredible burst potential though.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

The only difference between the normal weapons and the XT weapons is that the XT has higher damage, but a slower rate of fire. Therefore the DPS works out to be the same. This gives the Raider G2 incredible burst potential though.

The T32-BOLT is the same as the T32-BOLT XT.

The Corsair-XT has alot less DPS than the normal Corsair, due to a high amount of extra reload time for only a medium amount of damage.

Sp3ctrr

Sp3ctrr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

tl;dr Buy both of them if you want to have fun. Not great viability but they do what they're strong at exceptionally well.

Welcome_To_The_Enclave.png

Spoiler

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

So I'm going to guess the stats for the Corsair and Corsair XT might not be entirely accurate? I mean, I see you saying that the XT has a lower rate of fire, but for both weapons the fire rate is the same stat wise.

Therein lies part of my confusion over the G2 Raider.

Edited by Panzermanathod, 10 April 2015 - 11:26 AM.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

So I'm going to guess the stats for the Corsair and Corsair XT might not be entirely accurate? I mean, I see you saying that the XT has a lower rate of fire, but for both weapons the fire rate is the same stat wise.

Therein lies part of my confusion over the G2 Raider.

The Corsair-XT is actually an earlier version of the normal Corsair we have now.

Yes, the Raider used to have that stupidly high burst.

The in-game stat-bars aren't accurate by any means.

Other then that I have no information about why the Corsair and the XT-version have the same stat-bars.

Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

The Corsair-XT is actually an earlier version of the normal Corsair we have now.

Yes, the Raider used to have that stupidly high burst.

The in-game stat-bars aren't accurate by any means.

Other then that I have no information about why the Corsair and the XT-version have the same stat-bars.

Fun Fact of the day. The raider used to have even higher burst than those of you who were around for the time when the XT version was the regular corsair, however the health values in the game were completely different back then and so the higher burst was relatively the same unless we go back to alpha days when it was as close as you could get to a 1 shot kill.

• Nov8tr likes this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I love how the G2A have bad reputation.

IMHO, it's the best mech that scale with team work.

It's considered as a 'noskill machine' cause you don't have to deal with secondary reload cooldown or aiming. It's just a matter of keeping your target in the line of fire and at his (the target) worst efficiency range.

It also have very good air capabilities.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

G2 Assault is supposed to be a "fun" mech. It isn`t.

G2 Raider is a little more solid, but I have not played it enough to see what it got uses for.

Aregon ruined it.  ;)

I disagree,   the G2 Assult is MY Go-to  Pilot Angry mech.    When I get pissed,  and want to whip ass,  I bring out the G2 Assult  (With Grandma's secret homemade loadout of items and internals!  ;)     )  

The G2 assult is a blast,  and IGNORE what these clowns say about lack of Tow being a disadvantage.     It IS a specialty mech,  but dual sustained fire, can be AWESOME!   It's a great group clearer.  I WILL say,  it's the slowest of all the "assults" , Fred included,  And if you need mobility,  this is not the best choice.   But when you DO show up,  it's Par-Tay time!!  

The G2 Raider....  WOW!!  Difficult.   The most useless, challenging,  difficuclt mech in the game, I feel.   It's a paradox.  It combines the up close,  in-your-face style of game play with the WORST speed,  most USELESS special, (that "boost" is garbage) in the game.  A useless mech.   Until I was playing a game,  and came across someone who was CONSTANTLY in the top leaderboard with this mech!   WTF?!!   It seems like it thrives on being in a group of competent players, in which case that heavy armor could expand it's life, and the flak can just decimate anyone in your group's comfort zone.    

I think the G2 Raider is the ULTIMATE mech to master, the most difficult.  But if you CAN master it.... wow!   I've seen it wreak Havock!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
My advice on G2 mechs is don't spend MC on them. They're more for a player who has basically every mech and is looking for something a bit more entertaining to use. Entertaining, more so than effective is the key. They can be a force to reckon with, but that usually requires a lot out of the player. They're much more situational than other mechs in the game. Still they can be good fun.

If you want a more in depth oppinion or tutorial on them, I'll leave a link to my two videos I did about them.
G2 assault:

G2 raider:

Edited by SoldierHobbes11, 13 April 2015 - 02:22 PM.

• Jelooboi likes this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Yeah, I saw those vids a couple days ago. I decided to not bother with Raider G2 after all, and maybe get Assault G2 further down the line.

My Aim isn't great, and my framerate isn't helping (smooth aiming is not possible on my end when things get hectic). So either Raider won't do me much good. But the Assault G2 seems good for when people I play with decide to actually employ teamwork.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah Bad Benny I do the same with it. It is my "when I'm pissed" mech and want to reek destruction on low/mid level matches. And Hobbes A)Great to see you again mate. B) I have 2 of almost every mech in the game including 6 techs. lol It is a fun mech to play for me. It surprises people and it does take some of them longer to figure out where it is shooting from and gives you a extra second of fire power to use. If you use it a lot you will die. It just doesn't dodge as well as a A mech. But watching those two vulcan's unloading into them is great. It is best at crowd control. I will use it to draw attention to me from several mechs. Then my teammates can take them out in their damaged state at the cost of my life sometimes. I don't mind sacrificing myself for my team. It is nice when they realize and appreciate what I just did for them. Mostly they don't, sigh. Hey life happening ain't it? Good luck and take care!

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

RyanGo

RyanGo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a question, does the g2 raider's ability provide a damage reduction in the front and bonus in the back like the usual C Mech abilities?

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

No. It just allows it to run (not dash) faster for a brief period.

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

I have a question, does the g2 raider's ability provide a damage reduction in the front and bonus in the back like the usual C Mech abilities?

You know what? The ability should provide a slight damage reduction, and if you're opposed to this then why does it still have the turret sheilds attached? It currently has no function at all besides the crazy animation. 

m0bieduck

m0bieduck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
Wtf is this fuzzy bunny, the g2 raider is my comfort mech. I play it when I'm on tilt.
prematurely declared king of typos, unreadable posts, and stupid threads.

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

The funny thing about the G2 mechs is they're complete opposites of each other. G2 Assault is pure sustained damage, and G2 Raider is pure burst damage. They each go to such extremes that they're actually pretty bad in most situations and amazing in a few.

Naturally G2 Assault is easier to use in lower-level matches, but in higher level matches you need aimbot-like aim to engage A class mechs, and while C mechs are much easier to land your shots on, they're hard to take down with sustained damage because they can just tank it and take advantage of your lower health pool. Since G2 Assault has NO burst damage, you sacrifice almost all of your mobility in engagements because you can't corner poke or dodge regularly without disrupting your damage output. This puts you in a really bad spot most of the time playing skilled opponents. But, occasionally, having a pure DPS mech on flank can really mop up. This really requires good team play. You're not going to 1v1 a good pilot at full health with the G2A, but if they already have their hands full with your teammates, you have a good opportunity to swiss-chees'em.

G2 Raider is hard because it's all (close-range) burst damage, while also being very slow and a big, easy to hit target. The ability is of course very useful, but it's limited and it doesn't mitigate all of the weaknesses. Running fast is inherently different from boosting and dodging, so it's use is really for getting up in someone's face really fast, but it doesn't much help you avoid damage. So much of the mech's damage output is tied up in the first shot that if you miss it, you're dead, and even if you don't miss it, if you can't finish off that mech in maybe one or two more un-charged shots from your primary, you're still dead. It takes so long for your secondary to cool down that your enemies can probably kill you while you're waiting for it. In theory though, it can be a super assassin. If you can find a target with less than full health, even a C mech at a little less than half health, you could instagib them if you can get in there and nail a full shot. If you could manage to hit a Tech with the full blast fully charged primary and the MIRV secondary, you'll kill it, even at full health. Easier said than done of course; Techs are fast, and you only get one shot. 

Both mechs benefit greatly from having pixel-perfect aim. With G2A you need to be able to track enemies perfectly (as opposed to "twitch shots," which can be easier), but it's more forgiving if you miss once or twice because you have time to correct. With G2R you just need to hit that first shot, but no forgiveness if you miss.

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

One thing I have noticed about the G2 mechs is that their playstyle greatly favors non-boosting movement options. When I have been in a slum with my aim in G2 raider, and believe me it happens I play my G2 assault for a while to get used to just walking again. As for the G2 assault, if you're not comfortable being in the thick of it, try waiting behind corners and walls where you know the enemy is and when they come out press them to the wall with your guns. Body-blocking is very powerful for the G2 assault.

GolemStudio

GolemStudio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Get both problems solved

KaylaClaire

KaylaClaire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

The G2 Raider is the only mech I am missing... but only because I dislike the Raider... but i've encountered this beast on the battlefield before... not only is it funny looking when it uses it's special... but the thing is a monster... I mean it just shreds through the ranks if it is close enough to you... I've been dumb enough to meet one eye to eye, and it ran through my 500 some hp like... well... like a hot knife through butter, it was over in a manner of nano seconds lol

~*~*~*~The Pink Comet~*~*~*~

n3onfx

n3onfx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
G2 Raider is actually one of the mechs that are the hardest to kill in a regular Raider. The only mech to trump you on pure burst up close. You have to get close to nail it but G2 returns your fire even harder at that range, and blitz g2 makes your own blitz-walking not as useful compared to fighting other mechs.

t

t

DWEH3ZP.png   CRITICAL  RqKpxHn.png    ASSIST   VDNrFxD.png

t

t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users