• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

In my humble opinion,  TDM  matchs are really short. I think 10 minutes is not enough for a team to do a comeback if it started unbalanced. Most of the time, when the match gets balance and it is getting a good flow, suddenly, there�s 1 minute left!.  This game has 10 minute matchs and a 4 minutes wait including post match and next match lobby, this need to be more agile and more rewarding for the people who stays on the same server: 15 minutes and 50 Kills are good to me!. what do you guys think about it?.

Edited by Estif, 11 April 2015 - 05:29 PM.

76561198046026300.png

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
50 kills no time limit

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I think TDM is fine as is, but the option for longer matches is nice.

Keep in mind not everyone always has time for longer matches.

• Estif, Miscellaneous and Flight1ess like this

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

It used to be longer. It was around 15 minutes for TDM back in closed beta, and part of open beta in 2013. I don't recall if there was a kill limit, but I have screenshots of matches with at least 68 kills recorded at the end. Then the time was shaved down to 12 minutes along with the kill limit. What it is today is what it was changed to sometime in 2013, I think.

From what I recall, the reasoning was that the matches were too long and the kill limit was too high, sometimes making it look real bad when matches were really unbalanced, so it was shortened so that things wouldn't get too stompy or boring.

Personally, I would love if the matches were longer and the kill count higher. 12 minutes and 50 kills is probably a good point for me.

Edited by -Tj-, 11 April 2015 - 07:19 PM.

• Estif likes this

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

2000 tickets or kills just like battlefield 4

• Estif likes this

Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

50 kills no time limit

Hm. I don�t like no limit, I mean, 15 min is cool imo, but this could lead to 30-40 minutes matchs if both teams are not agresive.

I think TDM is fine as is, but the option for longer matches is nice.

Keep in mind not everyone always has time for longer matches.

I don�t have any statistic, but my gamer logic tell me that people who usually play, have more than 15 minutes to play. and if that�s not the case, they can always leave the match with the due penalization.

It used to be longer. It was around 15 minutes for TDM back in closed beta, and part of open beta in 2013. I don't recall if there was a kill limit, but I have screenshots of matches with at least 68 kills recorded at the end. Then the time was shaved down to 12 minutes along with the kill limit. What it is today is what it was changed to sometime in 2013, I think.

From what I recall, the reasoning was that the matches were too long and the kill limit was too high, sometimes making it look real bad when matches were really unbalanced, so it was shortened so that things wouldn't get too stompy or boring.

Personally, I would love if the matches were longer and the kill count higher. 12 minutes and 50 kills is probably a good point for me.

I play since open beta, and I remember back then the match making was a mess. I think the shorter matchs are irrelevant now. would be cool to have experimental servers with 12-15 minute matchs :(

2000 tickets or kills just like battlefield 4

Well, I think hawken TTK makes this unviable ha :D

76561198046026300.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

The actual TDM length is OK for me, I agree that organized play with real team could benefit from longer gaming time.

Maybe specific teams vs teams servers with 15min TDM ?

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

150 kills! 40 min time limit!

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Well, I think hawken TTK makes this unviable ha :D

Well obviously we bump up the players to 40 a team, with all the maps combined.

Ez game

Ez life

• ScarletThirteen likes this

ZombieBiscuit

ZombieBiscuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Well obviously we bump up the players to 40 a team, with all the maps combined.

Ez game

Ez life

With 64 player conquest mode please.

• Lioot and ScarletThirteen like this

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Hm. I don�t like no limit, I mean, 15 min is cool imo, but this could lead to 30-40 minutes matchs if both teams are not agresive.

You say that like it's a bad thing. But the only way I could see a game taking 30-40 min is if its not full and its like 2v2. But making the matches longer should hopefully help the server population problem.

The problem I have with the time limit, is that it takes time to get a game actually started. I've played in many matches where my team was losing but in the last minute, either a player switched out, or they finally get their act together and start catching up, just to lose by 2-3 because the timer ran out. It also might take 5+ minutes for the game to get full as well.

Let's compromise with 50 Kills / 20 Minutes

Oh, and before someone chimes in and points out that it will now be harder to get daily wins, we need to get rid of those sonsabidches anyway, so I wouldn't worry about them...

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Considering the TTK, 10 mins for 40 frags are the good numbers.

Any longer matches will get more leavers.

Beside i'm all for a reduced speed / higher TTK in general but that's another story which many pro pilots don't want.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don�t have any statistic, but my gamer logic tell me that people who usually play, have more than 15 minutes to play. and if that�s not the case, they can always leave the match with the due penalization.

True. But 10 minutes is still an easier amount of time to get a full game in. And if you have time for "one more game" without worrying about losing your EXP/HC, then 10 minutes is safer than 12-15.  But, again, the option to choose how long it'll be would be nice.

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

what about when you're on the receiving end of a one-sided massacre match, you're seriously considering leaving to find a better match, you look at the timer, and then you realize, hey only 14 more minutes of...this.

I think match abandonment would increase by a lot

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

If we fixed the way players were added with a spectator mode until teams can add evenly the balance would be a bit better.

• Estif likes this

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Play bot destruction that is like at the least 25 , 30 minuets plus it will train you team to play as a team or die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users