• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I'm surprised there are not just a few more PvP modes available on Hawken despite the possibilities. First one that came to mind was one life round based matches like counter strike...just with mechs. This would require teams to switch up tactics going into battle.  I'm thinking add up the wins after a game of three and then change maps.

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Apparently I'm not the only one who's wanted to see new game modes, a couple in the style of an "Elimination" type gamemode.  I'd specifically love to see a sort of Team Elimination gamemode, along with a Free-For-All variant like they have for Deathmatch.  The only problems I see are:

1.  If there aren't enough rounds, the gamemode ends to quickly and thus isn't very fun.

2.  Camping could become a serious problem, as people would probably start leaving after watching 5 minutes of one guy constantly run away and hide if it ever comes down to a 1v1 situation. 

Perhaps they could use the Jumpstarter mechanic like they do in Team Bot Destruction, but then again that could just contribute to the problem of false longevity from repetitiveness. 

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Perhaps they could use the Jumpstarter mechanic like they do in Team Bot Destruction, but then again that could just contribute to the problem of false longevity from repetitiveness. 

I... hmm.

Hmm.

I am going to say that I don't hate this idea, outside of one issue: it's going to make tech + incin even more prevalent. Pending changes to that dynamic, I wouldn't mind seeing this go up for temporary testing and then balancing. There's probably a metric fuzzton of problems with it but I can see the appeal it might have. It would also allow Reloaded to properly fuzzing monetize consumables.

Like, holy hell, I have been playing this game for over a year now and I'm still not out of them. 

• ScarletThirteen likes this

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I... hmm.

Hmm.

I am going to say that I don't hate this idea, outside of one issue: it's going to make tech + incin even more prevalent. Pending changes to that dynamic, I wouldn't mind seeing this go up for temporary testing and then balancing. There's probably a metric fuzzton of problems with it but I can see the appeal it might have. It would also allow Reloaded to properly fuzzing monetize consumables.

Like, holy hell, I have been playing this game for over a year now and I'm still not out of them. 

well my second Idea was kind of a RTS sort of this kind of what he said. Those bots you destroy through in bot survival. Just make then assigned to both teams. they slowly march to try to destroy the other sides base(or whatever) however their are turrets set up in about a 1/4th of the way there that will pretty much destroy the bot without your help. even at the base(ship or whatever) there are automated guns ready to kill anything. both teams must push their way through and destroy the other teams stuff. Round will be long but it's not a bad idea as long as you let people replace other that leave.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

well my second Idea was kind of a RTS sort of this kind of what he said. Those bots you destroy through in bot survival. Just make then assigned to both teams. they slowly march to try to destroy the other sides base(or whatever) however their are turrets set up in about a 1/4th of the way there that will pretty much destroy the bot without your help. even at the base(ship or whatever) there are automated guns ready to kill anything. both teams must push their way through and destroy the other teams stuff. Round will be long but it's not a bad idea as long as you let people replace other that leave.

That's a MOBA.

Support revoked.

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

That's a MOBA.

Support revoked.

Personal preferences aside, such a game mode probably wouldn't be compatible with the mechanics of the game.  If such a thing were even to have the slightest chance of happening, there would need to be a lot more content and I mean a LOT of stuff that would almost function as a different game entirely.  I'd be much more in favor of something more small-scale like "Elimination" and "Team Elimination" where members of each team have one life per round for a set of rounds. 

Although I wouldn't give up hope entirely suggesting something along the lines of a sort of a Siege/ Coop Bot Destruction in the future, but even that's pretty damn ambitious. 

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I wouldn't mind seeing a mode like that freeze tag thing they have in Quake Live.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Rahr12341

Rahr12341

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

That's a MOBA.

Support revoked.

when the hell was I getting support?

Edited by Rahr12341, 16 April 2015 - 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users