Photo

Assists should be, at least, slightly more rewarded.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Those players who in a match achieve a big number of assists and only some few kills during their matches should be slightly more rewarded, IMHO.

Obviously this might might imply that those assists they got summed up a big deal of damage inflicted to the assisted kill in order to properly balance things. Let's say slightly rewarding assists in which the pilot inflicted more than 70% of the total damage for the kill.

I honestly think that actually the code underestimates by a minimal reward (if any) this kind of good job or effort apported by many players on the battlefield. Due to their kind of gameplay and/or the mech they pilot with which they do not get as many kills as other pilots do for similar reasons... The fact is that as it is now assists seem to be not helping much to the pilot progression nor to the main pilot statistics much as they should.

That's my personal impression though, so just an idea which I thought might be good to comment on here.

Edited by PepeKenobi, 14 April 2015 - 04:17 AM.

Dawn_of_Ash

Dawn_of_Ash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

I agree. I never manage to finish my targets with my Heat Infiltrator because by the time the person knows that they are in trouble, I am fumbling to get that final 10-50 armour off with my two very heavily damaged weapons. More commonly than not, I some sniper or sustained weapon gets a bullet into my targets before I could finish and suddenly I've got a 80-97% assist. Allow that to happen a few times, and suddenly I've got a whole ton of assists, and I'm second-last in my team. :/ Assists need to give more points at least.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Except for the Tech. Stop giving us assist rewards for kills if we didn't put damage on the enemy.
  • Houruck, CrimsonKaim, LRod and 3 others like this

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Except for the Tech. Stop giving us assist rewards for kills if we didn't put damage on the enemy.

^ This! So much this.
  • Pastorius likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I mean that too. As much as I advocate for the Tech, this is the reason why we top leaderbaords and I get why it was added, but it's stupid.

Edited by SaturdayGhede, 14 April 2015 - 06:25 AM.

• thedark20 likes this

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

thedark20

thedark20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

I mean that too. As much as I advocate for the Tech, this is the reason why we top leaderbaords and I get why it was added, but it's stupid.

Yeah i feel that too, but you know you're doing good enough when you get that many points, also you get points for healing teammates.

Steel

Steel everywhere~

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I've to admit that I forgot about the Tech's niche on this subject.

Mostly agreed on that it seems to be like "a bit too over-rewarded" for its assisting job on the BF. 

Not sure on how the code really works during a match with all thoser cases to make this mech earning such an amount of reward in general terms. Looks like the numbers should be revised for the Tech and its performance when it beams in construction mode, well to "heal" targets not taking enemy damage and with a minimum percentage and some kind of whatever (timer plus something more...) as it heals friendlies taking damage during an hostile action.

No solid data on this though, just talking in general terms and from what I poorly have seen during my games here.

Basically my 2 cents on the Tech's case. I'm sure other forumites in here know much more better about the real numbers, etc...

Amazia

Amazia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I think if the tech's assist bonus for healing is kept the same, and damage-assist bonuses went up, it would fix both of the problems.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

as long as they still get an assist its cool, but points for it are not necessary with the healing bonus points, because the tech is assisting, plus those assists go into a armor fuser for hit points.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

I think the current system does a good job of fairly distributing points since it's primarily based on how much armor you take out. There are always going to be edge cases where you get robbed (barely missing a nemesis kill bonus comes to mind), but usually everything goes fine. At the risk of sounding like an elitist fuzzy bunny, if you don't think you're getting scoring high enough in all the matches where you get tons of assists and hardly any kills, you probably need to learn how to do more damage and actually kill people. I'm not saying that in a "git gud" sort of way, but there are only so many points the game can give for assists before the points/damage done ratio exceeds the one for kills. 

d1eZeG3.png

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

as long as they still get an assist its cool, but points for it are not necessary with the healing bonus points, because the tech is assisting, plus those assists go into a armor fuser for hit points.

They could just cut it down. If a Tech is healing something the whole time it muders a thing it gets a 99% assist with a full reward. Maybe cutting the assist back by 50%. So you would still get a 99% assist, but only half the reward.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

( XD ) wimpyhugz

( XD ) wimpyhugz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Currently playing with the Reaper with the Slug/Sabot, I get way more assists than kills because my targets tend to hide when they get down to half health. Sometimes I chase after them and can get them but I usually end up dying afterwards from their teammates...

I think the most relevant result for this scenario is when I got 18 assists but a 0.5 K/D ratio (from 2 kills, 1 death). Oh well, we still won the match.

(\__/)
 (='.'=) 
 (") (") 

This is Bunny. Copy bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination XD

Yehovah

Yehovah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

on topic, seriously, critical assists need some love.

either

1. introduce a new featured rating for critical assists that stands on par with K/D, or
2. count 90%+ critical assists into Kill, or
3. count a streak of a few critical assists into one kill. few can mean 3.

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

on topic, seriously, critical assists need some love.
either

1. introduce a new featured rating for critical assists that stands on par with K/D, or
2. count 90%+ critical assists into Kill, or
3. count a streak of a few critical assists into one kill. few can mean 3.

Except for the Tech. My k/d would be rediculous.

KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

PepeKenobi

PepeKenobi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

A fair number of critical assists summing up and scoring as 1 kill looks as a good improvement to me.

And again, yes, Techs require their own and unique cases on this subject.

Paradox23

Paradox23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

I know this may sound stupid, but if they have killing sprees in the game, why not assist sprees?  I mean there have been a couple instances where I get around 15-20 assists in a game, and with that amount around 5-12 in a single life.  Half the time it feels like a crapshoot act of chance to see who's bullet hits the target last before it explodes when multiple people are targeting an enemy. 

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

When I'm doing lots of damage to people but get my kills stolen from me, I still have no problem scoring.

I've no idea why other people do.

Not that I like it, as having a bunch of kills looks prettier than a bunch of assists.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah agreed XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Getting assist due to latency or because fuzzy bunny bursty A-class steal your frag is really frustrating.

I don't know how critical assist exactly works, but it seems that it's when you take out a huge percentage of ennemy HP without getting the kill.

I think that you should have critical assist each time you take out more HP than the player that get the kill (I don't think that it's actually the case).

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users