HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Select Your Region for Better Matchmaking!

Beta

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted November 21 2012 - 06:47 PM

Now that we've implemented a region select on the matchmaking tool, don't forget to use it!

This can be done by using the drop down box that defaults to "All Regions" under the "Filter For..." heading. Select your region, desired game mode and finally click FIND MATCH.

Unless a region is specifically selected could be placed into matches outside their region, resulting in less than ideal latency. The current functionality for the "All Regions" filter is not working as intended and we apologize for the extra step needed for the time being. We're working on the issues that are standing in the way of you enjoying Hawken to its fullest potential so please keep checking the forums for updates and report on your experiences!

Posted Image
xxoo

#2 Manoloco

Manoloco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:20 AM

Its nice to see more territories covered, is there a chance for South American servers_,

I have friends interested in competitive gaming in Peru, is there a possibility of dedicated servers option_, they have made gaming servers before in cooperation with Telefonica/Movistar and have worked great.

#3 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:12 PM

Over the past many years, the gaming community have repeatedly given developers a resounding message about matchmaking:  We don't want it.  We don't need it.  We won't use it.

I very much hope you realize this sooner than later...
There is no time like time wasted...

#4 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:33 PM

.....I like it

>.>

#5 Thygon

Thygon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationDarkside of the moon

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:22 PM

I like it when it works. Past days it hasn't filled its purpose. I have ended so many times to empty server that I almost feel that I'm alone in CB3. :P

Choosing the region have not helped to my situation either. Have to try this again today.

#6 JimBeam1992

JimBeam1992

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted November 24 2012 - 01:40 AM

Matchmaking only work while the community is large in all regions but nothing beats being given the choice with good old server browsing.Please remedy this by 12.12.12 guys.

Or at least give us the option on whether we'd accept matchmaker throwing us into an empty server or not.

Edited by JimBeam1992, November 24 2012 - 01:43 AM.

Posted Image

#7 bink

bink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 25 2012 - 06:39 PM

I'm amazingly impressed there's an Australian region filter. The lack of one in Bloodline Champions really killed that game for me.

Coming from playing a MOBA heaps, matchmaking sounds excellent :)

Edit: just played on an AUS server with 60 ping. Brought the commanders pack on the spot. Well done guys!

Edited by bink, November 25 2012 - 08:24 PM.

[02](NASTYFEET) ANY TUFF GUYS HERE THAT WILL FIGHT MY DAD _  MSG ME

#8 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 26 2012 - 08:16 AM

still lags the game like crazy when a european or asia based player thinks it will be a great idea to join an east or west coast USA server... 300ping isn't cool. :(
Posted Image

#9 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 01 2012 - 10:35 AM

My region usually seems like the number of players is fairly low in CB3. I have addressed this topic in other threads, and I'm not one of the complainers. I continue to use US West to help MM testing in whatever way I can, but siege games are rare in my region as of CB3 :(.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users