HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

11/21/2012 - Patch Notes

Announcement Beta Game Patch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hello Everyone

As usual these notes were posted in the Closed Beta Event 3 News section but I still wanted to call out specific things here for your convenience. We did push a small patch out this afternoon as there were a few things we wanted to address sooner rather than later.

1. We added Australia to the matchmaking regions!
2. We had an issue in the Staging area where some players were getting stuck on a syncing message. That wasn't fun for anyone so we fixed that.
3. The Bruiser was having an issue with its Damage Absorb ability and it's back to working normally.
4. We wanted to do some weapon changes too. The Sharpshooter was nerfed a bit too much so we balanced it out. It's not exactly how it was in CBT2, but much closer and much more consistent. I think Sharpshooter fans will feel it's MUCH better (that includes me) and more balanced. Also, I'm sure you fans of the Vulcan will be happy to see we reduced heat generation; it was kicking up a bit too much for it to be useful and satisfying to use. Here's the list:

Sabot Rifle

- Increased Unzoomed Accuracy

- Decreased Zoom Distance

- Increased Rate of Fire

Slug Rifle

- Increased Accuracy

- Decreased Rate of Fire

- Increased Damage Slightly

Point D Vulcan

- Reduced Heat Generation

SA Hawkins

- Increased Rate of Fire Slightly

- Decreased Damage Slightly

Keep letting us know about your experiences, we want to know. Thanks everyone and have fun out there.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#2 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted November 21 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thanks for a complete list of patch notes. Keep up the patches =D siege mode* EU gathering next.

Edited by Etan, November 21 2012 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Chouzin

Chouzin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 01:03 AM

Was the vulcan heat generation really decreased_ For me, it's still the same ~7 seconds.

#4 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:59 AM

For me, the buffs applied to the SS make it much better that it was previously.  I still don't think it needed any adjustment to begin with.

I do have a question regarding it, why was it nerfed to begin with_  The general feeling I got from the discussions during CBT1/2 were that it was pretty well balanced as it was and didn't really need any adjustment.  I'm honestly wondering what the thinking behind the change was.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#5 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:21 AM

Is there a patch coming for stat typos for mechs, menu stats are different than what is on the Hub example: fuel capacity_
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#6 Interrobang

Interrobang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:59 AM

I wish they would just revert the Sharpshooter back to how it was in CB2. I'm thinking about changing classes because the SS isn't nearly as fun anymore.

#7 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 09:37 AM

Vulcan numbers still appear to be wrong.  I'm still overheating at the same time.  The tooltip got changed, maybe just not the actual values_
Chicks dig giant robots.

#8 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostTimber_Wolf, on November 22 2012 - 09:37 AM, said:

Vulcan numbers still appear to be wrong.  I'm still overheating at the same time.  The tooltip got changed, maybe just not the actual values_

Before the patch the Vulcan was overheating at around 5 seconds, it should be quite a few seconds longer now.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#9 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:09 PM

That was quick buff, how about nerfs_ I think Seeker and mini Flak Cannon deserves some.

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 22 2012 - 02:32 PM

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on November 22 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Before the patch the Vulcan was overheating at around 5 seconds, it should be quite a few seconds longer now.
Vulcan still overheats so fast you'd have to land every single shot to kill an A-class before overheating.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 28 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 22 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

View Post[ADH]HUGHES, on November 22 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Vulcan still overheats so fast you'd have to land every single shot to kill an A-class before overheating.

Agreed, being able JUST, and only JUST, finish off an A class in fair fight is just silly, considering the fact that i built into max heat reduction, to successfully do that i have to use my hellfires to weaken the enemy down before engaging in close combat, which is hard to do against an A class in the first place, smart ones anyway.
Posted Image

#12 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:27 AM

Yep. Definitely needs to go higher. Damage already got nerfed quite a bit, so probably if you put it back to CB2 overheating (i.e; 10 heat/second assuming a 100 heat value is overheat) it'll probably be less of a burden and more of an actual weapon.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#13 KungfuDojo

KungfuDojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 04:17 AM

I think the ebv-gl should get a 10-20% damage buff. It is the defininig weapon for grenadier right now. The other combo is so much stronger on infiltrator. Speed + invis apllies the burst way better than hp + turret mode (lol). So ye those pipes need to hurt more and maybe less selfdamage so you don't become a selfdestroying wrack once one of the 10k scouts closes up to you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Game, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ntent footer_link" target="_blank" href="https://www.playhawken.com/legal/cross-domain-policy">Cross Domain Policy | End User License Agreement | Rules of Conduct | Naming Policy | Press Enquiries