HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Sound cutting out again

Beta Game Update Patch

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MrSpaceCat

MrSpaceCat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn space

Posted November 21 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm getting another bug where the in-game sound cuts out almost constantly. As far as I can tell it's just like the issue in Closed Beta 1, with little to no sound coming through except for the occasional pop of white noise.

So far I've only experienced this on Andromeda, as soon as the round starts. After the game, in the post-round menu where you can view performance the sound returns just fine. all other maps likewise work fine.

Considering I also experienced this in Beta 1, on the same map during multiple rounds, I'd say it's pretty consistent.

Severity: 4/5--sound is a pretty key part of keeping players informed as to what's going on, and playing without it with no alternative is kinda a major design issue.

Extra Notes: An early patch in CB1 fixed this issue right up for me. When installing the newest version of Hawken for closed beta 3, some extra video driver was installed on my computer, I assume_ It seemed like it, I don't recall the exact details since at the time I didn't pay it much attention. I'd assume there some sort of issue from the new software/whatever that program was. Sorry I'm not that specific, I honestly have no idea how to find what exactly that program was. :lol:

Specifications:
AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Processor
AMD Radeon HD 6530D graphics card
Windows 7
2.0 Ghz
8 gigabytes of RAM

Judging by how fast this was fixed in Beta 1, I'd assume all I'm doing is reporting that it popped up again.

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 21 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

There has to be some basis in logic, otherwise I should be able to pilot a fluffy pink elephant around that killed people with rainbow farts.

#2 gabrilovic91

gabrilovic91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted November 22 2012 - 05:19 AM

Had the same problem tonight (my timezone is GMT+1) in two different maps, sound goes out apart for some pops as MrSpaceCat said, sorry but i don't remember the maps... Played a short moment ago and all seemed to be fine

P.S.: Today, when i started the client, i saw a small update has been made, i don't know if it was related to this sound fix or other

Edited by gabrilovic91, November 22 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#3 Spadge3k00

Spadge3k00

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 07:39 AM

im having this issue aswell

#4 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 08:58 AM

You guys need to post your dxdiag file to give the devs any help.

#5 MistahE

MistahE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 09:55 AM

Yes I have the same problem, after a couple of matches the sound clicks and dissapears. Sometimes it comes back in the menu, but then loading up a match, the sounds dissapears again, with the characteristic clicks (high sound pops).

I think the extra installment might be from Microsoft .NET 4 Framework if I recall right.

I've included the read out from DxDiag. Attached File  DxDiag.txt   31.62K   33 downloads

#6 Upsillion

Upsillion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm having the sound cut out in the training videos, they cut out in frequent 3 second inter goals then come back for 3 seconds.

#7 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostMistahE, on November 22 2012 - 09:55 AM, said:

Yes I have the same problem, after a couple of matches the sound clicks and dissapears. Sometimes it comes back in the menu, but then loading up a match, the sounds dissapears again, with the characteristic clicks (high sound pops).

I think the extra installment might be from Microsoft .NET 4 Framework if I recall right.

I've included the read out from DxDiag. Attachment DxDiag.txt

You need to install the proper ati drivers for your gpu.

#8 Sava1ex

Sava1ex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 11:34 AM

Got same bug with sound, I suppose it's somehow connected with ingame voice chat. Sond turned off when 1 of players turned on his microphone.

#9 MistahE

MistahE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostJuiceBox, on November 22 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

You need to install the proper ati drivers for your gpu.

excuse me_ its the latest driver. Now I know it's a beta driver and has not been tested by the WHQL, so no digital signature, but there are no reported problems listed and no errors occured with the GFX.

This is a sound related problem, so I do not think the GFX driver has anything to do with. Besides, there are more people reporting the same issue ;)

However, I will revert the install to the last WHQL tested GFX, just to see what happens ^^

View PostSava1ex, on November 22 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Got same bug with sound, I suppose it's somehow connected with ingame voice chat. Sond turned off when 1 of players turned on his microphone.

I also think it is connected with the ingame voice chat, as when the sound disappeared, I decided to put on some music and then this was somehow relayd to the team's voice service, as people in my team, suddenly said: "Music_" Now I have push-to-talk disabled, as I don't have a mic atm.

I hope this clarifies it a bit =)

#10 CarlosSpiceyWiener

CarlosSpiceyWiener

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 22 2012 - 06:13 PM

Having the same issue with sound as well. Very annoying !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game, Update, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users