HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Shields_

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Should sheilds be implemented in Hawken_ (218 member(s) have cast votes)

Should sheilds be implemented in Hawken_

1. Yes, Like this thread. (91 votes [45.27%])

Percentage of vote: 45.27%

2. Yes, But differently then this thread. (47 votes [23.38%])

Percentage of vote: 23.38%

3. No. (63 votes [31.34%])

Percentage of vote: 31.34%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Kinzuko

Kinzuko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted April 25 2013 - 11:49 AM

would be cool to have a sword and shield or shield and lance mech...
Posted Image

#42 Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationIndpls, IN USA

Posted August 14 2013 - 02:28 PM

IMO no. They just need to fix the bugs in the one we have. First we have healers which I hate. Now shields_ NO. The shield is temporary to do a quick heal. The shield not for mom to protect you from the bad men......LOL. But seriously, no I think the way it is suppose to work now is fine. Fix the opening delay and the shield still showing after it is really gone and the allowing some weapons to "penatrate" the shield error, and hey we're good to go. :ph34r:

YEAH I'M REALLY A 60 YR OLD GAMER. MY CALLSIGN IS PRONOUNCED INNOVATOR!!
Posted Image

#43 ThroneOfThunder

ThroneOfThunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted August 18 2013 - 01:36 AM

Hmm... sounds very interesting, but that needs complete rebalancing the game, if they're implemented. I mean, think of a brawler/rocketeer with the behemoth shield in turret mode, being healed by a tech. A complete armeggedon would pass by xD And it makes killing mechs tougher than before, i.e. time to kill a mech would drastically increase, resulting in absurd situations in the game. What would happen if 2 mechs having shield fight it out pefectly dodging each others' hit_ If they didn't have shields, certainly the fight would take long, but it would finish off before more than 2-3 players find them on radar and try to kill both of them. But if they're shielded, before the fight ends, the whole playerbase on the match would be there before they finish. This would require the team to completely change the dmg potential, hp, speed, everything, almost the complete combat phase of the game. That, is too much to do just to add a single feature.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users