HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Art of Warfare

Clan Community Game Introduction Website

• Please log in to reply
1339 replies to this topic

#1321 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted August 11 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostRedFerrari1998, on August 10 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

View PostRozerMahbub_, on August 10 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

where is zaxik   :rolleyes: .......

He just stopped showing up one day. He's been discharged now.
Yes, I decided to stop playing Hawken for a while, specifically until the devs are done with their backend stuff. I still hop on once in a while and play a few matches, but very rarely. Scooby should've received my mail about my decision and I also spoke to other people about it during my last practice (which was already kinda dead, I think there were only like 6 of us). I heard many other people stopped showing up as well. Like many others, I too wish this didn't happen, but well, it just did. I personally don't regret it, I was quite burnt out and suddenly I got so much free time to sort out my real life stuff.

I'm pretty sure many of us will be back when devs come with some fresh update and I'm really looking forward to it!
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#1322 Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDoing wizard stuff...

Posted August 22 2014 - 11:56 AM

Just bumping this thread. Taw has an amazing community. If you're interested but not willing to make a commitment then check out our weekly community event, War Wednesday. Hope to see you all on the battlefield.

-Merl
Posted Image

#1323 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 22 2014 - 12:33 PM

Zaxik's comment couldn't be more glaringly reflected, as in the Last Active note in the fly-out box for this thread's OP.
TAW used to be an O.K. organization, I guess. A little disorganized in the CoC, and a bit presumptuous with the Mandatory stuff, but good folks overall.
Sorry to see this happening. :(

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#1324 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted August 22 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostEM1O, on August 22 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Zaxik's comment couldn't be more glaringly reflected, as in the Last Active note in the fly-out box for this thread's OP.
TAW used to be an O.K. organization, I guess. A little disorganized in the CoC, and a bit presumptuous with the Mandatory stuff, but good folks overall.
Sorry to see this happening. :(
It's really only the EU division going through some hard times at the moment. The NA battalion still has around 60 members. As far as the "mandatory" stuff is concerned, you're only absolutely required to attend 60% of the mandatories, which seems fair enough. How much less can you attend before it starts to feel like you're not really a part of the clan_
Posted Image

#1325 DarkIcarus

DarkIcarus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA.

Posted August 22 2014 - 05:33 PM

TAW just passed a record 2700 active members, so the organization must be doing a lot of good things. The Hawken NA Battalion is doing great, under my leadership, and the contribution from all the staff, and the members turning up regularly :)
Posted Image

#1326 LuchiousCaine

LuchiousCaine

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDK

Posted August 26 2014 - 02:53 AM

I can also inform that TAW's Hawken EU Battalion is slowly recovering after the summer's member-drought.
We can therefore now welcome Browno, Greybush and Malvictus to the Battalion!

On other news regarding EU Batt. From Friday the 5th September, we will start doing optional training sessions every Friday, with more focus on teaching the basics of the game to those in need. The mandatory sessions are then used to evaluate how well they use these basics and where there is room for improvement.
Once we get more Officers to aid in events, we'll see if we can plan out Advanced training too!

#1327 RedFerrari1998

RedFerrari1998

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted August 26 2014 - 03:20 AM

View PostLuchiousCaine, on August 26 2014 - 02:53 AM, said:

I can also inform that TAW's Hawken EU Battalion is slowly recovering after the summer's member-drought.
We can therefore now welcome Browno, Greybush and Malvictus to the Battalion!

On other news regarding EU Batt. From Friday the 5th September, we will start doing optional training sessions every Friday, with more focus on teaching the basics of the game to those in need. The mandatory sessions are then used to evaluate how well they use these basics and where there is room for improvement.
Once we get more Officers to aid in events, we'll see if we can plan out Advanced training too!

We are finally starting to get back up to speed with the EU battalion. Once Summer truly comes to a end, I see clear skies ahead for the EU battalion. Sure, maybe we'll only get at few members a month but at least we'll stay strong and if needs be for the moment, the NA battalion are always happy to play with us, even with 200 ping!

I'm looking forward to the coming months in TAW, let's just hope the game stays active enough! :D
Second Lieutenant RedFerrari, Executive Officer of TAW Hawk EU, at your service!

#1328 CapAllan

CapAllan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFitting my Incinerator's cockpit with neon lights and a 7.1 surround sound speaker system at Loui's Garage, Illal

Posted September 10 2014 - 06:06 AM

Pilot name : CapAllan
Pilot Level : L24
Steam Name : Captain Allan
Reason : I don't know, being part of something huge and organised seems like a cool idea! Plus, finding a good match is hard for me, so                    being in a party with all the cool dudes might be just what I'm looking for! I may not be able to play or attend to each and every                    party request, but, I'll be around.

I am an Asian, so getting in at the same time would be tricky. Thanks to a new fix to an fps issue by @nepacaka, I play better than ever.
I don't run the game via steam (to save RAM as I have an underpowered computer). In fact, I even close Windows Explorer to get in the game. The game crashes occasionally, so I"ll be really sorry if I leave a match in the nick of time. Since I don't login via steam, the time I've spent on HAWKEN in steam is very low.
I'm a member in TAW, so please accept!
Cheers,
CapAllan
Posted Image

#1329 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted September 11 2014 - 11:14 PM

I have been a member of TAW for about a month now, and i must say thank you TAW for the friendly attitude and making newcomers feel welcome.
Lots of fun with practice sessions and evaluation of skills :) Have improved a bit over 200 mmr since i joined!

#1330 Malvictus

Malvictus

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 14 2014 - 01:08 PM

I also joined Taw within the last month, they are very well organised but with a friendly relaxed atmosphere. Our european division is growing steadily and we're always looking for more target practice... umm.. friendly players to hang out with us :D

If you're looking for a european clan then please stop by at https://taw.net and say hi :)
[font=georgia,serif]TAW are recruiting for our EU Hawken division! Visit us at https://taw.net [/font]

#1331 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted September 15 2014 - 05:10 AM

Hey guys,

I had been a little busy lately with my univ stuff, and have not been able to log into the forums much.. so, hey there guys :D

And as a short note,
TAW HAWK OC is growing at a steady pace with new members joining us every week guys :)
If you'd like to join us , feel free to check out TAW.net or contact me on steam ( same callsign as here) ;)
Posted Image

#1332 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted September 20 2014 - 09:07 AM

I want to thank RedFerrari1998 and LuchiousCaine from the EU battalion. The last 2 weeks we have had optional trainingsessions where the first one focused on squadleading and the second were about explaining our fav mech how it worked and how to play it. That was to get better understanding of your own playstyle and learn about other mechs and how to play them/ against them.
Apparently we had to take on a leader role and also talk a lot about our mechs.

My reason for this post is to say that i am autistic and have a hard time talking to ppl at all,  and The EU battalion have made me do stuff on a personal plane id never dreamt of. So a big thank you to all of you for making me come out of my shell!

ps. I have never felt forced to do anything against my will. This is all from my side what think is good for me and the outcome can only be positive :)

Edited by Browno, September 20 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#1333 RedFerrari1998

RedFerrari1998

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 20 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostBrowno, on September 20 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

I want to thank RedFerrari1998 and LuchiousCaine from the EU battalion. The last 2 weeks we have had optional trainingsessions where the first one focused on squadleading and the second were about explaining our fav mech how it worked and how to play it. That was to get better understanding of your own playstyle and learn about other mechs and how to play them/ against them.
Apparently we had to take on a leader role and also talk a lot about our mechs.

My reason for this post is to say that i am autistic and have a hard time talking to ppl at all,  and The EU battalion have made me do stuff on a personal plane id never dreamt of. So a big thank you to all of you for making me come out of my shell!

ps. I have never felt forced to do anything against my will. This is all from my side what think is good for me and the outcome can only be positive :)

I can say with upmost certainty that I am truly honoured that these friday optional training's are working so well for you and the other TAW EU members :)

I would like to extend a big thank you to the man in charge of these trainings which is LuchiousCaine. Without him, I doubt that I could put on these optional events and he's been a massive help in helping me run the battalion.

If you are looking to join a Hawken Clan, make sure to consider https://taw.net ; we are a friendly group made up of many cultures and we have battalions for a wide selection of games other than Hawken aswell.

Edited by RedFerrari1998, September 20 2014 - 09:43 AM.

Second Lieutenant RedFerrari, Executive Officer of TAW Hawk EU, at your service!

#1334 Malvictus

Malvictus

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 28 2014 - 09:45 AM

Luchious, Redferrari and others have been very helpful in regards to helping me improve my game and playstyle. We're continuing to add new members to our EU division and things are looking very promising :)
[font=georgia,serif]TAW are recruiting for our EU Hawken division! Visit us at https://taw.net [/font]

#1335 Malvictus

Malvictus

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 06:43 AM

We are still actively looking to recruit new members to bolster the ranks!

#1336 ScoobyHusky

ScoobyHusky

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted October 16 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hey guys i would like to get some videos out there of some of our practices/scrims. Please post a link to your youtube,twitch,ect..

Posted Image

#1337 RedFerrari1998

RedFerrari1998

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted October 19 2014 - 11:32 AM

ScoobyHusky, on October 16 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hey guys i would like to get some videos out there of some of our practices/scrims. Please post a link to your youtube,twitch,ect..

I have an upload speed of >1MB per second, it takes me like 3 hours to upload a 5 minute video. I certainly won't be doing any videos any time soon but I would if i could.

#1338 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 19 2014 - 08:49 PM

I could probably record and upload :) Will try next time we play

#1339 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostScoobyHusky, on October 16 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

so where them vid at_

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#1340 Browno

Browno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted October 25 2014 - 11:03 AM

We were missing some ppl last games so i did not record :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clan, Community, Game, Introduction, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users