HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions/Ideas Master List

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#261 Packmang

Packmang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted January 17 2013 - 11:38 PM

Lose the max altitude thing when boosting.  Can't tell you how many times I've tried to boost to a normal ledge up the side of a building or up a wall, and it refused to climb when I had plenty of fuel left. Sometimes its like there is an invisible lip which catches you even when you don't get the max altitude message.
"If you don't want me to eat you, say something........................................ok."

#262 SoPociek

SoPociek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 05:32 PM

Anti-cheat system.

#263 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted January 18 2013 - 05:37 PM

Flamethrower weapon, as a psychological weapon and a pursuit deterrent

Posted Image

#264 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted January 24 2013 - 01:33 PM

kims big fat ass

#265 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 12:06 PM

Ability to change mech order in garage, so the ones you need would be on top(when more then 3 are lvl25). For example  drag&drop, or  list them in alphabetical order, then renaming could work.

#266 Sadukar

Sadukar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:29 PM

Me, I think the Hellfires should be tweaked a little, make them faster in flight a bit faster to fire too, realisticaly it does the same if not less damage than the tow so I see no reason to fire slower.
Maybe the detonator could have a bit more kick, since you have all the time to dodge it
If you do not see this signature don't worry it is not really invisible, its infiltrating, look closely and you might see some distorsion,

#267 Sadukar

Sadukar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted January 27 2013 - 08:34 PM

change your gear betwen games, you have 30 sec betwen the maps to ... read statistics, this is a must, maybe I want a turret on a map and a grenade on the other without leaving the match. Or to switch my primary (dreaming to change secondary also but ... keeping it real) as I want to aproach this differently, or I want to spend the newly earned point and use it or paint my mech so no one can see me on the field

Also some more numbers, more accurate numbers would be nice, how much xp is needed, how much damage I do/take what those optimization points really do, maybe be a toggle option for this, shouldn't be difficult to implement.
If you do not see this signature don't worry it is not really invisible, its infiltrating, look closely and you might see some distorsion,

#268 hazerddex

hazerddex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:28 PM

other
bigger maps!!!
armored core style: painting and adding symbols_

weapons
shotgun with shrapanle rounds
railcannon
pile (nail) driver (meele)
flamethrower.
homming missle
tesla cannon
equimpment
flares
thermal cam
smoke screen

#269 Teraclips

Teraclips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 07:06 AM

idk if this was already covered but i would like to be able to change or at least spend upgrade points after a match is finished

high frequency swords ( a light-ninja type mecha)
Posted Image

#270 Glitch_07

Glitch_07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 02:21 PM

I personaly think the scout needs to be nerfed it seems alittle over powerd due to the flac cannon and high mobility
also plasma wepons with slight tracking.... (10-20%)

#271 Teraclips

Teraclips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:02 AM

i would like to see a SCV or Johnny 5 (both if possible) look alike repair unit
Posted Image

#272 Akoil

Akoil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 01:54 PM

I would like to see at least a 5K to 10k XP hit for leaving a game early. Maybe this would discourage the rage quitters and give them a reason to do something more than cower in the corner for five minutes then scream "you're all hackers!!!" then quit.  Also it should actually de-level your mech if it takes you below your XP amount needed for your level.  Some people will say this is harsh for people who have RL things going on....too bad.  Remember the old saying" Don't start something if you aren't willing to finish it!!"  It's really not that bad, I'd be willing to take the hit if I left a game early it can be made up fairly easy as long you don't make a habit of rage quitting.

#273 Dante2013

Dante2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hello people.I am new in forums,but i have a suggestion.Why is weapons are LIMITED to every mech_For example,i am driving Bruiser.Default set is Point-D Vulcan and hellfire missile.At some point,we all gettin bored of the same weapon set.Yes,i know i can change Point-D vulcan to automatic rifle(worse) and to assault rifle on lvl.25.Why we cant eqip a Slug rifle or Ke Sabot_One more thing.We need 1 more weapon slot on mechs.Like some long range mortars which mech can carry on the back.It can be long ranged but reloads slowly.it ideal for bombarding enemies from distance.

Edited by Dante2013, February 02 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#274 PackageDelivered

PackageDelivered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 03:34 PM

Fix the sharpshooter it is clearly OP.

#275 Mayhem1035

Mayhem1035

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 11:51 AM

How about allowing players to update their mechs after they level without leaving a queue for battle grounds. *:zxvd2q9z

#276 Chrunk

Chrunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 12:30 PM

How about I actually have the option to add primarily cosmetic changes to the exterior and/or interior_ Like adding a big bulky looking armor plate to certain parts of the mech, changing the way the cockpit is arranged (it looks like a big pile of junk anyways) or simply changing the windshield (shouldn't be a windshield if the mech has a blast shield in front) to something like a screen. Maybe I could interchange parts from different mechs_ Right now the recruit chassis has 3 different looks with no known individual stats, but that's what I want. I don't like the idea of being forced to be like everybody else. So what if I trade a lighter body for a heavier one_ That's not going to disrupt the flow of the game, it'll only add to it. Tactically, we're all being forced to behave the same (Boost forward, shoot some guys, dodge left and right, run away). If we had the ability to establish our own roles, I'd really enjoy this game.

This game's selling point is its potential immersion, but it's too graphics based for its own good. You've taken the Unreal Engine's graphics ability to its limits, but the immersion is still not there for me. Immersion does not exist when everything looks the same.

I think it'd be hilarious to see a Grenadier chassis with a long cape attached to the back and a superman decal slapped onto the nose. Though that itself probably isn't very lore-friendly.

#277 Masadeer

Masadeer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted February 18 2013 - 04:28 PM

Slight Zoom optiion
If you've ever played COD then you'd be familiar with holding left trigger to look down sights. I felt that some weapons(especially assault rifle) could use this feature, it'd basically be a slight zoom simillar to SS and Reaper's Sabot rifles. but toned down. so the idea is to give every mech the ability to zoom in slightly. if you feel this would be too OP of an ability, you could balance that by making mechs move slightly slower, or removing the ability to boost in this mode

#278 ShatteredSteel

ShatteredSteel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted February 18 2013 - 04:39 PM

Master que list. select all the modes you would be willing to play and roll for the first eligible mode. Probably should have been done before the feb 14th patch, game is suffering when it comes to matching any games right now.

#279 Masadeer

Masadeer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted February 18 2013 - 06:04 PM

A back or upper chassis weapon(the top side of the mech), I mean on all mechs there's space for another cannon or heavy weapon, so why not add one_ perhaps  fire-able by mouse wheel.

Edited by Masadeer, February 18 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#280 Psykosis83

Psykosis83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 10:20 AM

A couple things i'd like to see in Hawken:

1. Better match making, problems alot of new players end up playing against high lvl mechs, ie 21-23-25 in somoe cases, completely unfair and very disappoint to new players tryin to get into the game.

2. A Clan system/ Would love to have my buddies and I roll out on the same team also involving Clan Tags

3. A pre-lobby system, Having the ability for people to team up with their friends, then enter a game as one unit, is common now a days, not having this system makes people stay away from it cause in order to play with friends u have to invite mid game granted there is an open slot, either way its aggravating, main reason why i dont play farcry 3's multiplayer anyone

4. Some of the addons for ur mech, like defense internal armor, should visually change the appearance of the mech, making more like "Yours", beside just adding camo for customizations, i think when i add special parts like armor or other such things u should be able to see it on the mech u have such item equipped on, making the mech more badass looking never hurts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users