HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions/Ideas Master List

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#281 grree

grree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPerú

Posted March 02 2013 - 07:43 PM

I like look into hawken * - * zero gravity mode in air battles would be awesome T.T

Edited by grree, March 02 2013 - 07:44 PM.

/>grree////Atlantica Online///Hawken///Metal Rage</

Posted Image

"---- walk does not mean time passes ----"

#282 doodydota

doodydota

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted March 04 2013 - 04:08 AM

Just a random thought. If you could pick your real mech looks and trasform it into a forum avatar so you can show off your newly spend HCs on dress-ups.

#283 Crazedsoul

Crazedsoul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 07:34 AM

Add these for GAME MODES

1. Escalation Mode- Team fights against a waves of enemies (NPCs) , the longer you stay alive the more points you gain. If you die , you rez after wave is destroyed.

2. BattleField Mode-  Teams engage in battle  along side doing  map objectives to aquire dominance in the field. Objectives can be random putting both sides at a dis-advantage or advantage during fight.

#284 Jammylicious

Jammylicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 03:54 PM

Some things to add from here_

http://community.pla...-it-be-nice-if/

#285 L0RD_MONTAGE

L0RD_MONTAGE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:05 PM

should make it so that you dont have to wait for your friend to be in a match and fighting in order to join that server, (so kind of make it like CoD where you have a lobby and you all join the same server at once and stay on the same team)

#286 chadmo77

chadmo77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 05:36 PM

Suggestion is more around customization options:

Body shop items carry plus/minus attributes to complement defense/offense optimizations.
Example:
Light arms: +n% to speed. –n% to accuracy
Medium arms –n% to speed +n% to accuracy

Follow this same idea to legs and torso, obviously different attributes.

#287 Meltdown117

Meltdown117

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 08:02 PM

I am not sure where I need to post ideas regarding new mech type, so I'll post it here for now...

This is a Class A type mech (light mech). Its secondary weapon is a melee range hydraulic hammer that deals extra damage against mechs with heavy armor (not HP, but defensive stats/ability/mode such as heavy mechs' turret mode, Berserker's special ability, etc.).

Moreover, the secondary weapon has an additional function--with the middle mouse button, it can swivel around 90 degrees to form a shield. In this defensive mode, the mech gains additional frontal defensive stats (but still susceptible to damage from all other directions), retains all of its mobility, but will not be able to use primary and secondary weapons and offensive items. This is to allow the mech to quickly approach the enemy to a melee range without taking too much damage.

Of course, there is a slight delay (about 0.5 sec, maybe_) from switching between offensive and defensive mode. Also, in defensive mode, the view port becomes much narrower and the player will most of his/her peripheral vision.

Can anyone tell me how to upload pictures_ Since I don't know how, I will just post the link on my DeviantArt for now...

http://meltdown117.d...33-PM-358284223

http://meltdown117.d...37-PM-358284031

Edited by Meltdown117, March 07 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#288 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 14 2013 - 03:29 PM

allow other mechs in the training area besides fred

Posted Image

#289 Ezpikins

Ezpikins

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted March 15 2013 - 12:19 PM

This has probably been tossed around some before but I believe it has some serious merit in a game where cash generation is SLOW. Not saying it's a bad thing but it's much better to have happy customers even ones playing for free they ultimately can be future buyers of certain items if treated fairly.

Customization pieces for Bots being real cash only_ Naw. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth knowing your stuck with no customization just because your broke.

Lame color striping and graphics that are free. Please_

Bot exchange or Bot sell back, and I don't mean player controlled, anything players are in charge of selling always comes to cost a MILLION or higher. Greed and stupidity. Let's have a game controlled exchange. It takes a LONG time to come up with $6410 for a new Bot in this game let's face it, I'm an average player not superman and not the town pigeon either and earning in game cash is SLOW. To buy a Bot that costs $6410 only to find you don't like the way it plays or how it specs out after-all is a BIG let down. Let us sell it back to the garage even if there's say a 25% penalty that would be cool as say a test drive fee. Also make addons like the Ammo cans for increased damage and such transferable between a players Bots in the Garage as well.

Think about allowing Player content development some other MMO F2P do it. Players create weapons and Bots and if they are accepted in game_ are sold for in game cash at the price they are now which the player gets half of to use in game and/or sold for real cash in the store and the player/creator gets half of that_ Can be for map and level designs as well, so long as the player/creator follows your strict guidelines of course.

Edited by Ezpikins, March 15 2013 - 12:24 PM.

Certified Harely-Davidson Technician
A. A. Technical Illustration
A. A. AutoCAD Mechanical Drafting
B. A. Visual Art - Game Art
2006-2007 National Dean's List

#290 JordTron

JordTron

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 19 2013 - 10:07 AM

Some ideas for offensive / support items. Some of these might seem OP, but I'm just kicking around ideas because the current list of internals / items makes me sad every time I see it in game:
  • Chaff / countermeasure launcher (active usage, has 1-3x uses before depletion)
  • Portable missile lock decoy (deployable, forces all missiles in radius to path towards it for a duration)
  • Magnetic tether buoy (deployable, limits mech boost distance / speed within a radius for a duration)
  • "Bouncing Betty" landmines (deployable on ground, then fires upwards and explodes when enemy is near)
  • Auxiliary coolant flush tank (active usage, has 1x uses before depletion)
  • Auxiliary booster fuel tank (active usage, has 1x uses before depletion)
  • Hawyire dart (when fired at enemy, scrambles H.U.D. & causes weapons to fire randomly for a duration)
  • Magnetic grapple (when fired at enemy, creates a "leash" that prevents boosting away for a short duration)
  • Corrosive chemical missiles (upon hitting an enemy, releases acid that corrodes metal -- damage over time effect)
And just as a side note, I'd love to see an electronic warfare themed mech. A special weapon that shoots an electrical surge (think the PPC from Mechwarrior) that slows and scrambles electronics in a small radius upon hitting a mech, dealing medium damage & such. Perhaps couple it with a Hawkins RPR, could be a really cool Class B support mech.

Edited by JordTron, March 19 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns

#291 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 21 2013 - 07:45 PM

flaaaaame throoooower :D

Posted Image

#292 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:05 AM

There is one topic i cant seem to find and this list is a bit consusing. I dont know what the alpha-numeric codes are for. I was wondering if the things we purchase nbow will stay with us once game launches_ Ive spent a fair amount and I really enjoy this game. Im kinda wondering whether I should slow down til official launch or if everything stays_ Also Clan Specific paint jobs and taunts would be awesome!!!!!! Especially if we could create our own by simply uploading a picture or pattern or something (within guidelines of course)

#293 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostJordTron, on March 19 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Some ideas for offensive / support items. Some of these might seem OP, but I'm just kicking around ideas because the current list of internals / items makes me sad every time I see it in game:
  • Chaff / countermeasure launcher (active usage, has 1-3x uses before depletion)
  • Portable missile lock decoy (deployable, forces all missiles in radius to path towards it for a duration)
  • Magnetic tether buoy (deployable, limits mech boost distance / speed within a radius for a duration)
  • "Bouncing Betty" landmines (deployable on ground, then fires upwards and explodes when enemy is near)
  • Auxiliary coolant flush tank (active usage, has 1x uses before depletion)
  • Auxiliary booster fuel tank (active usage, has 1x uses before depletion)
  • Hawyire dart (when fired at enemy, scrambles H.U.D. & causes weapons to fire randomly for a duration)
  • Magnetic grapple (when fired at enemy, creates a "leash" that prevents boosting away for a short duration)
  • Corrosive chemical missiles (upon hitting an enemy, releases acid that corrodes metal -- damage over time effect)
And just as a side note, I'd love to see an electronic warfare themed mech. A special weapon that shoots an electrical surge (think the PPC from Mechwarrior) that slows and scrambles electronics in a small radius upon hitting a mech, dealing medium damage & such. Perhaps couple it with a Hawkins RPR, could be a really cool Class B support mech.

I really like alot of these ideas. They're quite genious. Also maybe allow us to make custom games and be able to toggle all options similar to resistance fall of man. Maybe a hardcore mode too. not quite one hit kill but Im so sick of duals where a teammate steals my last shot or the enemy running and not being able to logically pursue him.

#294 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostEzpikins, on March 15 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

This has probably been tossed around some before but I believe it has some serious merit in a game where cash generation is SLOW. Not saying it's a bad thing but it's much better to have happy customers even ones playing for free they ultimately can be future buyers of certain items if treated fairly.

Customization pieces for Bots being real cash only_ Naw. Kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth knowing your stuck with no customization just because your broke.

Lame color striping and graphics that are free. Please_

Bot exchange or Bot sell back, and I don't mean player controlled, anything players are in charge of selling always comes to cost a MILLION or higher. Greed and stupidity. Let's have a game controlled exchange. It takes a LONG time to come up with $6410 for a new Bot in this game let's face it, I'm an average player not superman and not the town pigeon either and earning in game cash is SLOW. To buy a Bot that costs $6410 only to find you don't like the way it plays or how it specs out after-all is a BIG let down. Let us sell it back to the garage even if there's say a 25% penalty that would be cool as say a test drive fee. Also make addons like the Ammo cans for increased damage and such transferable between a players Bots in the Garage as well.

Think about allowing Player content development some other MMO F2P do it. Players create weapons and Bots and if they are accepted in game_ are sold for in game cash at the price they are now which the player gets half of to use in game and/or sold for real cash in the store and the player/creator gets half of that_ Can be for map and level designs as well, so long as the player/creator follows your strict guidelines of course.
i agree with a buy back or exchange program too. or at least bare minumum deleting old mechs we didnt like. i have a few i paid for i dont like very much.

#295 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostMeltdown117, on March 07 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

I am not sure where I need to post ideas regarding new mech type, so I'll post it here for now...

This is a Class A type mech (light mech). Its secondary weapon is a melee range hydraulic hammer that deals extra damage against mechs with heavy armor (not HP, but defensive stats/ability/mode such as heavy mechs' turret mode, Berserker's special ability, etc.).

Moreover, the secondary weapon has an additional function--with the middle mouse button, it can swivel around 90 degrees to form a shield. In this defensive mode, the mech gains additional frontal defensive stats (but still susceptible to damage from all other directions), retains all of its mobility, but will not be able to use primary and secondary weapons and offensive items. This is to allow the mech to quickly approach the enemy to a melee range without taking too much damage.

Of course, there is a slight delay (about 0.5 sec, maybe_) from switching between offensive and defensive mode. Also, in defensive mode, the view port becomes much narrower and the player will most of his/her peripheral vision.

Can anyone tell me how to upload pictures_ Since I don't know how, I will just post the link on my DeviantArt for now...

http://meltdown117.d...33-PM-358284223

http://meltdown117.d...37-PM-358284031
Lets call it Bam Bam or Thumper

#296 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 21 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

flaaaaame throoooower :D
HEEEEEELLL YEEEEEEEAAAAHHH

#297 SMAKAJO

SMAKAJO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 26 2013 - 11:50 AM

I really want a Capture the Flag or Demoltion type of game mode.

#298 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 07 2013 - 10:08 AM

some sort of 4 legged-mech kind of like a AT-TE in star wars, but not that big that  would be overkill

just search an AT-TE on google to see what its like.

Edited by KOS_Baconman, April 07 2013 - 10:08 AM.

Posted Image

#299 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted April 07 2013 - 10:13 AM

View Postdoodydota, on March 04 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

Just a random thought. If you could pick your real mech looks and trasform it into a forum avatar so you can show off your newly spend HCs on dress-ups.
like making a mech editor program would be cool, so you could like take a class C and move its strut arms and stuff around and play around with it, to see what you like and then you could make

TE MOST POWERFUL MECH EVAR with fifty arms thx to copy and paste
Posted Image

#300 CommandX3

CommandX3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationColumbia

Posted April 07 2013 - 04:36 PM

There are several mech abilities that could use modifying.
The Reaper: I have not noticed any difference in the Reaper after using Precision Overdrive. The fact that it has such accurate weapons to begin with make this ability pointless. I would suggest giving it the Blitz ability so that the Reaper can act with more versatility and viability for close combat.
The Infiltrator: When I purchased the Infiltrator, I expected to be able to go invisible and sneak attack enemies from all angles. The ability only makes the mech translucent, which works great in games where the combatants are human size. It does not work out so well when the combatants are huge mechs. I would suggest having the ability cause the mech to go completely invisible. I would also suggest that it could be active while firing, but would burn out more quickly.
The Rocketeer: The Mobile Turret does not give this mech any advantage. I can outmaneuver any Mobile Turret mode Rocketeer with ease. On top of the lack of the promised mobility it also removes the ability to heal and does not coordinate very well with the weaponry that the Rocketeer currently has available. I would suggest giving this mech a Damage Absorb ability because that would give it the promised mobility and the heavy defense that is needed in a C-class mech. Another option would to remove mobility and give it a massive attack boost. Outside of the normal realm of abilities it could enter a turret mode and have the ability to fire manually controlled rockets. The downside that would balance this would be hard to control rockets and vulnerabilities while controlling the rocket. Even more possibilities include the ability to dodge a little and 180 while in turret mode, and the ability to heal in turret mode. Other players have also suggested a directional shield that would provide cover in front of the mech only, allowing them to act as shield so that weaker mechs can advance safely. This would provide the tactical need to avoid being spotted by the C-class and flanking them.

Edited by CommandX3, April 07 2013 - 04:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users