HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Suggestions/Ideas Master List

• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#81 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 08:09 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

What... where is the... I don't even... am I in the right place_ I could have sworn... did I take a wrong turn_ No... the map says I should be in the right place. But... this doesn't look right. Excuse me, I seem to be lost. Can anyone tell me if this is the "Suggestions/Ideas/Requests" thread_

This is the suggestion, ideas and request thread.

Looks like suggesting to launch the game for PC only can be a touchy subject for some of us in here...

^^.

#82 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted July 03 2011 - 08:44 PM

@lavalamp1138 - Sorry M8...This thread has been hijacked my friend!  :o

@MechMechanics1 - I have no doubt you are being frank and expressing your opinion however to bluntly accuse the devs of dumbing down the game for consoles without any hard evidence in unjustified!  
You also blow your own trumpet and claim to know how the industry works..without having worked in the industry....
Your recent replies in this thread seem to have a common thread of self importance and come across like a spoilt kid who wants everything done his way.  Sorry if this is not your intent but this is how your comments come across!

Please start working on your own game so we can join your forum and give you the same respect that you apparently like to give to other small developers!

Anyways...I better stop indulging in this hijacking....  :oops:
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#83 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 08:59 PM

Lord_Porksword said:

@MechMechanics1 - I have no doubt you are being frank and expressing your opinion however to bluntly accuse the devs of dumbing down the game for consoles without any hard evidence in unjustified!

I'm not accusing devs of dumbing down the game. I simply expressed my worries. Do you see the difference_

Lord_Porksword said:

You also blow your own trumpet and claim to know how the industry works..without having worked in the industry....

There's a difference on knowing how the industry works and how it works to work in the industry. I spoke as a client not a game producer.

Lord_Porksword said:

Your recent replies in this thread seem to have a common thread of self importance and come across like a spoilt kid who wants everything done his way.  Sorry if this is not your intent but this is how your comments come across!

Wrong again. I want to have a good game like you do. It's strange that being on your side, the gamer side, is now perceived as a rant of a "spoiled kid", lol.

Lord_Porksword said:

Please start working on your own game so we can join your forum and give you the same respect that you apparently like to give to other small developers!

Respect is something you earn with your delivery, son.

If they deliver, I'm sure that such respect will be due.

#84 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 03 2011 - 10:22 PM

I think the ability to edit certain parts of your HUD would be a neat addition to the game.
(/^▽^)/

#85 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 07:22 AM

If those changes impact on the game play of course. Adjusting few things could help to improve the game play style. Look for example the work of Red Orchestra II. Tiny adjustments in the hud could give a new twist to the game play.

#86 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 04:01 PM

Semantics....

I need not say more.
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#87 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 04 2011 - 04:22 PM

Congratulations.

Posted Image

Can we get back on track now and stop this bullcrap_ I'd like to not have to worry about finding the topic being locked cause of this stuff. Just shut up about it, this is getting us nowhere. And that includes stupid remarks like "Yeah let's stop it we all know I'm right". No ending remarks. Just end it.

NOW.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#88 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 05:06 PM

1)aKillArmy said:

Semantics....

I need not say more.

Hud config is not a matter of semantics....

#89 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 05:11 PM

Ashfire908 said:

Congratulations.

Posted Image

Can we get back on track now and stop this bullcrap_ I'd like to not have to worry about finding the topic being locked cause of this stuff. Just shut up about it, this is getting us nowhere. And that includes stupid remarks like "Yeah let's stop it we all know I'm right". No ending remarks. Just end it.

NOW.
...lmao...

Are you that retarded_ Seriously..

I finished the argument when Varaka posted about the hud options....

#90 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 04 2011 - 05:33 PM

*ignores last two posts*

I set up a page today that tracks what topics are and aren't in the list. I figured someone else might find it useful so I'm going to share it here: http://equal.cluenet...master_list.php The list updates every 6 hours.

(Note to admins and mods: I've tried to keep your guys' server load as low as possible. It only does an update every 6 hours, where it requests the different pages on the Suggestions/Ideas/Requests forum (which equals 6 pages atm), and all requests use gzip compression to reduce bandwidth usage. If you have an issue with this and either want it turned off or the updates scaled back let me know and I'll change/stop it ASAP.)
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#91 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 08:39 PM

Ashfire908 said:

*ignores last two posts*

I set up a page today that tracks what topics are and aren't in the list. I figured someone else might find it useful so I'm going to share it here: http://equal.cluenet...master_list.php The list updates every 6 hours.

(Note to admins and mods: I've tried to keep your guys' server load as low as possible. It only does an update every 6 hours, where it requests the different pages on the Suggestions/Ideas/Requests forum (which equals 6 pages atm), and all requests use gzip compression to reduce bandwidth used. If you have an issue with this and either want it turned off or the updates scaled back let me know and I'll change/stop it ASAP.)

Congrats. A Field medal is on the way for such extraordinary work....: P

The master list takes too many suggestions making it impossible to read. A good work could be an index for the significant suggestions. With all the loose ends it's impossible to read all that swoop of ideas. The best way is to cull all together in a list selecting the best and more feasible concrete ideas.

#92 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 05 2011 - 01:49 AM

MechMechanics1 said:

The master list takes too many suggestions making it impossible to read. A good work could be an index for the significant suggestions. With all the loose ends it's impossible to read all that swoop of ideas. The best way is to cull all together in a list selecting the best and more feasible concrete ideas.
True. It can get cluttered and hard to find the 'important' suggestions, although I'm currently using ordering, bold titles and other visual cues at the moment to push more important topics to the forefront. I have a concern about not being able to be neutral when determining what is and isn't significant, although if the SESC can put stuff into a less-important category, I think I could take a more direct route as well.

Again I'll look into revising the list to be more accessible (used today, or yesterday rather, to make that page so I can better get a handle on the many many topics), though I'm not sure if I want to rearrange the topics primarily by importance rather than category.

#93 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 05:20 AM

Ashfire908 said:

MechMechanics1 said:

True. It can get cluttered and hard to find the 'important' suggestions, although I'm currently using ordering, bold titles and other visual cues at the moment to push more important topics to the forefront. I have a concern about not being able to be neutral when determining what is and isn't significant, although if the SESC can put stuff into a less-important category, I think I could take a more direct route as well.

Again I'll look into revising the list to be more accessible (used today, or yesterday rather, to make that page so I can better get a handle on the many many topics), though I'm not sure if I want to rearrange the topics primarily by importance rather than category.

You have a point on that.

If the team is small the most important ideas are the ones that impact game play directly like hud display, game play mechanics, key localization for determined actions, game play details like covering, running, slashing or any other move in relation to any evasive tactics. Reading carefully many of those posts the most important thing on them are the plausible details for the game.

Team management, team tactics, communication between players, re spawning, spawn points, armor config are the primary topics that concerns the player and of course the developer. You managed to put few of those threads in front. It's a good start to have an idea of what the community is thinking.

The task you are doing is very tedious and requires a lot of time to complete. Thanks for that. Anyway, carry on with the discussion.

#94 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 08:31 PM

The_Silencer said:

Well, this is somehow one general approach to the general topics posted on here. So I do give to this my support as well. I'm amazed on the huge amount of feedback apported on this forum branch. That's cool, indeed! :D

Hey Sil I see that your "Crazy new moves" Made it on the Master list lol
I literally fell out of my chair in disbelief when I saw that our Joke actually made it onto a list this important to the developers! I know they look at this for our feedback.

Oh and Thanks Ash for posting something this important and well organized >.> even if people are using this thread to make a mockery of its decent Hawkenites.
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#95 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 06 2011 - 11:04 AM

DarkS7ar said:

The_Silencer said:

Well, this is somehow one general approach to the general topics posted on here. So I do give to this my support as well. I'm amazed on the huge amount of feedback apported on this forum branch. That's cool, indeed! :D

I literally fell out of my chair in disbelief when I saw that our Joke actually made it onto a list this important to the developers! I know they look at this for our feedback.

Oh and Thanks Ash for posting something this important and well organized >.> even if people are using this thread to make a mockery of its decent Hawkenites.
Oh don't worry, if I reorgnize the topics based on importance, I'll make sure On crazy new moves =P is the first to be removed. :P

#96 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 06 2011 - 01:07 PM

List updated, added topics. I didn't switch to a primarily importance-based setup, though I did leave a comment on how topics are listed by importance in each category. Also the list of what's in and what's out has been given a fresh coat of paint.

#97 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 07 2011 - 01:53 AM

Ashfire908 said:

DarkS7ar said:

The_Silencer said:

Oh don't worry, if I reorgnize the topics based on importance, I'll make sure On crazy new moves =P is the first to be removed. :P

:( You Sir have ice in your veins lol  :lol:
Its fine with me because I honestly had no idea it would go anywhere when I first suggested Sil to post his Idea as a thread.
I'm just happy to see it got some attention  :D
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#98 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 09 2011 - 09:59 PM

Just a quick note, a user joined the forums with unicode characters in their name and posted in the suggestions/ideas/request forum. My script that updates the list of what's in and out couldn't handle it and crashed, so the include/exclude lists are not going to update until I can resolve the issue. I'll update this post when it gets fixed.

Update Log

Update 7/10/2011 1:05 CDT - All future status updates to that list will be made in this post.
Update 7/10/2011 20:02 CDT - Took the past few hours to totally recode the updater, waiting for a package to be installed on the server so I can get it back up and running.
Update 7/10/2011 20:57 CDT - Locally debugged the program so it's good to go. Once I get a notice from server admin for my site I'll have it start updating again. Also all updates to that list or updates to the actual SIML will be put here (see the Update Log below).
Update 7/11/2011 10:15 CDT - The list is now updating again.
Update 4/14/2012 20:16 CST - Updated all the post links to the new site. Sorry about that.

#99 CornR

CornR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUruguay

Posted July 16 2011 - 02:02 PM

You should add this thread about adding steamworks and other stuff for the PC release.
viewtopic.php_f=7&t=498

#100 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted July 17 2011 - 10:08 PM

I think someone has already suggested this....
I'd be kewl to see some support for my Logitech G15 keyboard. (and the G19)
Have some stats like ammo, health, top 3 players etc...
Maybe list the weapon loadout that the player has chosen.
List the amount of energy that has currently been stored for seige mode etc..
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users