HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#21 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 03:30 AM

I positively think that the weapons seen in the District 9 movie might be a very very good source of inspiration for the weapons of this game. Isn't it_. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#22 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted May 25 2011 - 12:25 PM

As long as we have launch-able pigs, I'll be alright with that  :lol:

#23 Kolie

Kolie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 25 2011 - 01:05 PM

I just registered at this Forum, so sorry if i do something wrong.

well, since i've seen the Gameplay video, i've been thinking about one little thing.

Laser weapons.

like, one you would have to charge, and after some time charging, it keeps firing untill all the Energy of the mech itself is gone.

well, that's it.

#24 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 02:22 PM

Jack Dandy said:

As long as we have launch-able pigs, I'll be alright with that  :lol:

I do certainly take note on that for further 3rd party cinematics! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#25 MrBlackCat

MrBlackCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted May 26 2011 - 02:52 PM

i didn't take the time to read the other member's posts,

so a shotgun, a piston melee weapon (can also be used as jump/movement assist by firing at walls/ground), go medieval (axes, swords, maces, hammers, whatever as long as it isn't cheezy), a winch weapon, go industrial (bulldozer arm, drill, ___), close range sound cannon that does light damage and boggles instruments (allowing for sniper getaways), a gun that fires gin so i can make delicious beverages, incendiary slow-fire rifle, land-mine gun, repeating rifle that fires splash-damage rounds (thing the juggernaut from shogo), a slug launcher (fires a massive, slow, overdesigned hunk of metal at people causing knockback and damage out the ass). I'm too drunk to think of anything else, really.

#26 NAVY MARCOM

NAVY MARCOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 09:55 AM

GAU 30  ( A10 gatling gun), well proven , upscale it for mecha's from 30mm to 50mm salbot round loadouts

quad barrel Area denial weapon , ( support weapon when in team mode ) ADWS is a 6000rpm weapon system that exists in testing stages today.

CBU-97 sensor fused bombs ( modern smart cluster bombs, great for area denial and massive confusion with moderate damage.)

some type of lock on based thermite or Napalm weapon system, ( awesome for fast overheating of mecha systems, mecha goes into to a shut down mode and it's a clay pigeon.
gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 AMD 1090TG-Skills 1333 Ripjaw X 16gigSapphire 6970 2gigSamsung 2320 x3Steelseries Merc stealth Tritton AX 51 Procoolermaster storm inferno~ 5250gig SATA ,3TB SATA RAID 0 HD space and counting

#27 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 28 2011 - 11:31 AM

Varaka said:

Chain gun: Explosive spheres connected with energy or strechy metal. It can wrap around the limbs of mechs then explode. Shots can also stick two mechs togheter till it explodes.
can fire one shot then has to recharge.

Link gun: Fires an orange ball of energy which hits a mech then jumps to the next closest mech (can do it three times) so if two mechs are close togheter itll pass between them a few times. be careful not to use when enemy is too close or you will become part of the link.
Can fire up too three shots before overheating.

More ideas:

Tri-Barrelled Rotating Plasma Gun Of Science (TBRPGOS): Would be three rotating barrels that fire large plasma balls which will moderately track the nearest enemy.

Shockgun: Does lower damage than the shotgun but stuns an enemy mech and slows its movements.

Buzz-saw launcher: Launches saws what more can I say.

Bank-Shot gun: Shots reflect up to ___ times and have low damage but a high firerate.

LazeR: A continuous beam fired from this weapon will become less accurate and more shakey the longer used.
(/^▽^)/

#28 Robert1374

Robert1374

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 11:14 PM

I guess i posted in the wrong thread so here's a re-post:

Plasma torch/Cutter boom.

Close range melee weapon modified welding torch. Creates a forward booster lunge while deploying a plasma torch causing moderate to severe localized damage. Use requires all mech energy so mech is left slightly maneuverability vulnerable (with a cooldown timer recharge) to the enemies responding cannon volley.

Cutter boom is a heavy weaponized drilling attachment that extends pneumatically and drills into enemy mech causing localized damage.

These are close range "thrust and parry weapons" where the deployment is a visually broadcast animation stance with the consequence of missing being equal to greater damage to your mech from the enemy counter attack.

I think it creates a dynamic fighting element where your enemy can't run up to your face and mutual suicidally unload everything into you. It could be used for finishing blows to a paralyzed or limping mech/ last ditch effort to do damage when you are the limping mech (like the ram concept)/ or evading an enemy around a building corner, 180 degree turning around, and jousting into him just as he turns the corner. You would be dancing and dodging a fine line between close and mid range combat.

No, i don't mean arms or sword weapons or really fast fast gundam style attacking. These are Simulated industrial mechanized attachments or incorporated into the mech hull and design style with linear thrust attacks, not side sweeping.

Flyingdebris sketch of the concept which got it perfectly:
Posted Image

#29 crazyjake56

crazyjake56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 08:00 PM

Robert1374 said:

I guess i posted in the wrong thread so here's a re-post:

Plasma torch/Cutter boom.

Close range melee weapon modified welding torch. Creates a forward booster lunge while deploying a plasma torch causing moderate to severe localized damage. Use requires all mech energy so mech is left slightly maneuverability vulnerable (with a cooldown timer recharge) to the enemies responding cannon volley.

Cutter boom is a heavy weaponized drilling attachment that extends pneumatically and drills into enemy mech causing localized damage.

These are close range "thrust and parry weapons" where the deployment is a visually broadcast animation stance with the consequence of missing being equal to greater damage to your mech from the enemy counter attack.

I think it creates a dynamic fighting element where your enemy can't run up to your face and mutual suicidally unload everything into you. It could be used for finishing blows to a paralyzed or limping mech/ last ditch effort to do damage when you are the limping mech (like the ram concept)/ or evading an enemy around a building corner, 180 degree turning around, and jousting into him just as he turns the corner. You would be dancing and dodging a fine line between close and mid range combat.

No, i don't mean arms or sword weapons or really fast fast gundam style attacking. These are Simulated industrial mechanized attachments or incorporated into the mech hull and design style with linear thrust attacks, not side sweeping.

Flyingdebris sketch of the concept which got it perfectly:
Posted Image

Nice but... the fire is being shot upwards. And the drill is kinda small.

#30 DoItHewitt

DoItHewitt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 01:43 AM

Kolie said:

I just registered at this Forum, so sorry if i do something wrong.

well, since i've seen the Gameplay video, i've been thinking about one little thing.

Laser weapons.

You read my mind! A few LASER guns would be a must have.

A Larger Single Laser Blast that has to charge.
And a more Rapid Shot with smaller bursts.

#31 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 10 2011 - 04:36 PM

If that lazor goes in small bursts then I do concur :)

On the other one hand, I'd suggest an slow EMP energy based cannon (slow weapon velocity and moderate reload ) for the left arm as well. You know.. something to instigate the opponent's intel or to slightly mess up with the mechanical performance of his/their mech/s. :D

Posted Image

#32 Copper_Crab

Copper_Crab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 08:06 PM

How about a Harpoon Gun arm, not so much for damge but rather to make sure your prey dosn't run away while your shooting him. Id add an image I made of the gun but I for the life of me can't add an image....  So to show you my image I cheated alittle and made my avatar the image lol.

#33 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 09:58 AM

^ Ahhhh O.K. Whale Wars.......Whaling ends tomor - when you jump inside his mech

PPC's/Tesla Gun

Rail/Magnetic/Guss - rifle/Gun

Flame - damage and overheats the mech

Machine Guns and lasers

Shot Guns

Heat seekers

High powered dumb fire missiles

^Classic

Grenades

Indirect fire - several Artie pieces & mortars and a 'Big Bertha' for campers, w/shot landing radar (when it lands or it may be too easy) & TOF (time of flight) so you can bracket your shots

Alpha Strike (all weapons fire at once till they over heat/loss heat/etc.) every one can get it, very very very hard to get, time limited and you can lose extremely easily, its slow and you can dodge it - like almost not even worth it, to get it, except for the visuals of firing it.  Your weak after woulds and Leaves the victim with one bar except for the smallest mechs, come up with story why... armor compensates blah blah blah....
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#34 WarInHeaven

WarInHeaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 03:33 PM

thought i threw some more boomsticks

Multi-barrel thermal Bolter
the unholy offspring of a minigun and a missile launcher
its three rotating barrels' constant stream of self-propelling rounds have been the bane for entire tank companies. although not as destructive as a missile, or as rapidly firing as a minigun, the MbTB is a good alternative to both. heat remains a problem within the gun mechanism due to the 'bolts' highly volatile launch, so long gunfights are best left to more classic weaponry

Parasite Launcher
the launcher is based on a simple question: why should we care about a target's armor_
it's rounds are in fact small droids, once these hit a target they clamp onto it and unfold to reveal a drill-like head. they than burrow there way into the target, bypassing its armor with ease. once several inches past the initial armor, the parasite detonates its energy core causing damage and dis-configuring it's internal components. it takes a considerable time to penetrate the layers of armor, making it useless on targets under heavy ordinance fire (it's likely to be wrecked by the time it detonates)

that's all got for you guys today, 'laterz

#35 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 13 2011 - 02:02 PM

If you want, you may add to the melee list my self-destruction and/or close range energy pulse concept/s as well.

Also ramming would be a good addition to this very weapon's branch, IMO. The latter might be considered as a weapon too. ( By the way, I liked the idea of 1)aKillArmy having ramming distributing damage in between attacker and prey... ) :)

Posted Image

#36 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted June 14 2011 - 11:51 AM

This isn't anything new but it is the classic fps setup.

Shotgun - High close range dmg, poor long range dmg, low rate of fire
Lightning/Heat Gun - High close range dmg, high RoF, is actually a stream of low dmg bullets
good for spray and pray at close range
Plasma Gun - medium dmg, high RoF, slow shot speed, medium range spray and pray weapon, lowish accuracy
Machine Gun - lowish dmg, high RoF, good accuracy, slight stun component
Rocket launcher - no explanation needed
Railgun - low RoF, high dmg, long range, high accuracy
Grenade launcher - lobs grenades which explode on impact with enemy, or after coming to rest

This is all the standard core fps Quake style weaponry. I don't think anyone will complain.
mecha srw anime vg gundam vocaloid touhou programming etc

#37 innociv

innociv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 07:21 PM

This doesn't really seem like the game for "buzzsaws" and lasers.

The drill looks cool(Even being thin like that, it's more realistic.), or an impact-driver might be more feasible.
But I doubt there will be melee weapons.  Most games now days do melee with a melee button that grapples.  Actually hitting someone in front you with lack and stuff is unreliable.

These kind of vehicles meleeing seems like if a tank were to drive up to another tank and someone pop out from the hatch and hit the other tank with a hammer.

A torch, like liquid thermite or plasma, would be neat instead of a shotgun.

#38 zachcoleman

zachcoleman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 11:43 AM

You should try a special weapon with emp abilities

#39 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 10:44 PM

Jellyo Puttin Gun_

Try the visuals before you shoot me down.
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#40 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 01 2011 - 06:12 AM

Weapons should be the ones thought by the development team or weapons that carry out the theme in this game.

No beam weapons.

The idea of different missile swarms always bring these cross references with Macross. Reinforce on that idea with different volleys of missiles and types.

The idea of accessing the ship for reinforcement is an interesting idea. So is the idea to add sentry guns. Robot deployments like sentry guns are a welcome. They add on a wider range of strategies.

Proximity mines should be added and so different visions and many other aids like radar scramblers.

The team can't read up all the toilet material we spew in here, :P. We have to be very smart with the suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users