HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#41 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 01:09 AM

The Zap-a-Gimp pea gun

and

Death spay of consul peasants
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#42 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 08:18 PM

^^cuz, cuz, this is my attempt, ma, to make fun of him...

#43 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 04:02 PM

You do that quite nicely yourself
Posted Image

#44 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 08:35 PM

1)aKillArmy said:

Do tell.

#45 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 08:37 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

1)aKillArmy said:

Do tell.
In a PM ;)

#46 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 04 2011 - 08:41 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

MechMechanics1 said:

1)aKillArmy said:

Do tell.
In a PM ;)

lol they try too hard....

*Ah, everybody loves to hurl bricks against the "douche bag", such is the endeavor.*

C :

Let us continue with the discussion in this thread, shall we....^^.

1. No beam weapons.
2. Keep up with the weapons proposed by the development team. No fancy work.
3. Proximity mines and Sentry guns plus deployed bots.
4. No cloaking device.
5. Procedural damange.

#47 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 04:43 AM

I agree so its settled:

1. Beam weapons.
4. Cloaking device.
5. Procedural damange.
Posted Image

#48 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 05:12 AM

1)aKillArmy said:

I agree so its settled:

1. Beam weapons.
4. Cloaking device.
5. Procedural damange.

Mockery and pissing contests, in order to work out, they need to be creative. If you play dumb without being smart, you make a dolt of yourself. I deeply enjoy when people get pissed off with the phrase "console peasants". You don't have to tell me, I know it works quite well. You are a good example of it. Besides, there's no need of cheap trolling like you are doing. In the end you show how much of a raging schizophrenic kid lives inside you making my day even happier.

C:

The old saying of "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen" works quite well for this case...

Just sayin'....

#49 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 05 2011 - 07:31 AM

I do not want melee weapons for Hawken or atleast only a couple like the ones in that picture that one guy drew.

I kinda agree that beam weapons arent really hawken style but having one with lots of Hawken kitbash style to it could work and look cool.

Ideas:
I was thinking of having some intermediate weapons that could be either primaries or secondaries.

Air powered Grenade launcher:
Has a charge system, the longer you charge + the more air pressure = different trajectories(sp_). The grenade could have a decent radius and splash damage.

Chemical thrower:
A small spray with three variations:
Ice: Slightly slows enemies and makes them a bit heavier and less aerodynamic. Effect lasts longest.
Fire: Does quick damage to an enemy, for some mechs makes repairing while affected very hard. Lasts shortest.
Corrosive: Does lower damage but lasts longer, makes repairing while affected longer. Lasts inbetween.
I also think these could have an effect on your HUD to remind you of what is happening to you.

Spike launcher:
Can be used to shoot enemies or can be used to shoot the ground to make areas which damage mechs if they walk through it.
(/^▽^)/

#50 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 09:27 AM

Missile swarms brings back a good spectacle. Robotech/Macross themes always paint well on these games. Moreover when you twist it with District 9 aesthetics.

Beam weapons should be conceived differently if you want to put one on this game. Thinking on a Star War weapon seems quite dumb and childish. I rather get heat beam weapons like the rail gun in Quake IV with a different effect similar to the one you saw in Battle Field Los Angeles.

I prefer if weapons continue to catch the spirit of what developers are trying to do than grenade launchers, and all those other gimmick weapons.

Gatling repeaters, sniper rails, piercing armor, cannons, high caliber quad machine guns goes with the spirit of this game. That include different types of missiles and other sorties, perks or barrages.

#51 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 04:46 PM

A F***ING SHARK GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/v...-land-shark-gun

Yeah thats right! FREAKING SHARKS!!!!!!!!

ADD IT >:( NUH SAID!
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#52 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 05:07 PM

^ your so Kewl

I agree with you both minus the insults

I'm telling a full cloak is more fun then you think as long as not like wavy BS like 'Preditors'
You can right threw without any distortion, - feel some vibration, heat or EM signatures
Posted Image

#53 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 06:27 PM

^ wrong thread

1)aKillArmy said:

^ your so Kewl
Great:D I'm glad you can smell my greatness.

As for weapons [Not sure if someone has said this(Im sure a chromohounds fan already did)] adding in things like Extra ammo but your mech moves slower, or different types of ammo Example* having slug rounds for the shotgun instead of spread or incenderary rounds or even larger missiles but they move slower. that would be cool.

As for actual weapons I believe that AG should incorporate The Standard weapons.
Sniper rifle
Assault rifle/machine gun
Non-explosive Anti Mech cannon- whether it be 120mm or whatever.
Railgun/gauss cannon
Recoil-less Rifle
Missile launcher
Rocket launcher
30mm explosive cannon
Mini-gun/Gatling gun
Shotgun/Shrapnel gun
Flamer/Chemical thrower
Grenade launcher/maybe even a mine thrower

I'm probably missing a few but these are just off the top of my head. And I'm sorry I think energy/partical/plasma weapons are cool but I DONT believe they belong in this game.

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#54 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 05 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'm probably missing a few but these are just off the top of my head. And I'm sorry I think energy/partical/plasma weapons are cool but I DONT believe they belong in this game.

I think one might work in addition to the above which are all sound

Although it should not revolve around energy weapons,  you must remember we really do have lasers and their getting more powerful
Posted Image

#55 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 09:57 PM

1)aKillArmy said:

I think one might work in addition to the above which are all sound

Although it should not revolve around energy weapons,  you must remember we really do have lasers and their getting more powerful

Agreed about our advances in technology.

My problem with laser based weapons in this game is that the art direction of this game is rather gritty and "earth like". Which in my mind stands for slug based weapons which feel more or less "dirty" and need grease to work.
Where as laser based weapons remind me of space were their look and feel are more elegant and clean.

That's my opinion, but a few laser based weapons won't over come my urge to buy and play this game.

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#56 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted July 06 2011 - 02:00 AM

Again I agree

and I know what you are refering to as "Dirty future" and who champoined the cause
Ronald D. Moore
Which I am a fan of - of course he his not the first by any means but we do know his work
http://en.wikipedia....4.E2.80.9309.29

IGN Interview great screen writer the brians behind DS9 BSG universe/theme he came up the Klingon culture
http://movies.ign.co...4/444306p1.html

Lasers done in other games are 'clean' and cartoonie
To make it fit with the theme just means some more thought is necessary on it.

I second napalm or flame thrower - just do it right
Turuk 2 (best visuals considering the tech at the time) and Mechassult 2 (best damage mechanics the victim overheats, blinded and cant fire)

For inspiration for a gritty flame thrower just look at WWII ones

Posted Image

#57 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 06 2011 - 06:59 PM

DarkS7ar said:

A F***ING SHARK GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ign.com/v...-land-shark-gun

Yeah thats right! FREAKING SHARKS!!!!!!!!

ADD IT >:( NUH SAID!

You made me lol for ten minutes.

That weapon is just.......awesome.

:3.

#58 Nameless

Nameless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 14 2011 - 11:07 PM

This game looks amazing! I remember playing Mech Warrior and EarthSeige on the PC when I was 8yrs old!

Question

1, Does the current build have custom weapons or weapon classes_

2, Do mechs move slower with bigger weapons_

3, If yes, can you remove a weapon that is out of ammo to make mechs faster_

#59 NAVY MARCOM

NAVY MARCOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 11:21 AM

beam or energy weapons.. you realize these would be the dumbest weapons in the game..

1 the diffusive atmosphere will degrade any beam, if it doesn't then the game designers have decided to abandon even the most remote concept of physics.

2. you would never SEE the 'beam', actual beam weapons are invisible unless they are put through a sealed vacuum bottle and a diffraction lens.

The future of weapons systems at this time, is rail guns for larger platforms and using existing munition delivery systems with smart ammunitions.  This is why I suggested the ACTUAL systems being used or tested from my previous post.

It's very easy to spot the console gamers and the differing PC gamers in this.. and unfortunately many other topics around here.
gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 AMD 1090TG-Skills 1333 Ripjaw X 16gigSapphire 6970 2gigSamsung 2320 x3Steelseries Merc stealth Tritton AX 51 Procoolermaster storm inferno~ 5250gig SATA ,3TB SATA RAID 0 HD space and counting

#60 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 20 2011 - 12:11 PM

NAVY MARCOM said:

beam or energy weapons.. you realize these would be the dumbest weapons in the game..

1 the diffusive atmosphere will degrade any beam, if it doesn't then the game designers have decided to abandon even the most remote concept of physics.

2. you would never SEE the 'beam', actual beam weapons are invisible unless they are put through a sealed vacuum bottle and a diffraction lens.

The future of weapons systems at this time, is rail guns for larger platforms and using existing munition delivery systems with smart ammunitions.  This is why I suggested the ACTUAL systems being used or tested from my previous post.

It's very easy to spot the console gamers and the differing PC gamers in this.. and unfortunately many other topics around here.
Merging things 1 and 2 there, I believe if you have a visible laser of sufficient power and you fired it in an atmosphere, the laser light would scatter off the air and you would be able to see it. Then again I don't think lasers designed as weapons usually use lasers in the visible spectrum, though a HUD function to display the outline of the beams would seem plausible to me (though the whole directed energy weapon thing is already a bit of a stretch for Hawken).

Also I believe laser weaponry is still being researched and tested.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users