HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Weapon Suggestion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
886 replies to this topic

#81 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted August 13 2011 - 08:11 AM

Hawk said:

A mechanized Hawken rifle . Would be epic because that's the name of the game ^^

Just so we understand out terminology an original Hawken rifle is already 'mechanized' it contains mechanically activated moving parts = Mechanized.

So let me just get this right  :_  your suggesting that the devs introduce a muzzle loading black powered powered weapon ( for those unaware of exactly what a muzzle loader is
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hawken_rifle ) into the game _!_!_!  :shock:

I guess you wouldn't have an over heat problem with it ..........

Interesting idea .......... would the weapon come with a reload 'technician' ( kinda like the guy who used to walk in front of the 1st motor cars with a flag ) , or would the pilot have to get out of the mech to reload it themselves_
:idea: If a technician maybe you could be allowed to choose your home nation and have the reload tech dressed in correct ( Hawken rifle circa 1820's ) period costume. Like breaches and tri-corner hats and shit__

:idea: Maybe we could have a sub-game where the reload techs are allowed to attack each other by beat each other with the loading rods __

I envisage BIG tactical issues with both approaches ....... the period costumes could be popular though  :D
Could open up Hawken to the civil war and period re-enactment communities.
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of the Brew,
that thoughts acquire speed,
the teeth acquire stains,
the stains become a warning.

#82 Hawk1111

Hawk1111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBrussels , BE

Posted August 14 2011 - 02:00 PM

Guru Zeb said:

Hawk said:

A mechanized Hawken rifle . Would be epic because that's the name of the game ^^

Just so we understand out terminology an original Hawken rifle is already 'mechanized' it contains mechanically activated moving parts = Mechanized.

So let me just get this right  :_  your suggesting that the devs introduce a muzzle loading black powered powered weapon ( for those unaware of exactly what a muzzle loader is

Interesting idea .......... would the weapon come with a reload 'technician' ( kinda like the guy who used to walk in front of the 1st motor cars with a flag ) , or would the pilot have to get out of the mech to reload it themselves_
:idea: If a technician maybe you could be allowed to choose your home nation and have the reload tech dressed in correct ( Hawken rifle circa 1820's ) period costume. Like breaches and tri-corner hats and shit__

:idea: Maybe we could have a sub-game where the reload techs are allowed to attack each other by beat each other with the loading rods __

I envisage BIG tactical issues with both approaches ....... the period costumes could be popular though  :D
With mechanized i mean a futuristic looking modified hawken rifle adapted for the modern age.The only problem is it would be like a second shot gun with hopefully more power behind it and more range.Replace the black powder with something more fitting (i'm still not sure what it should be).Because of its original nature it would be great as a secundary weapon.
Anyway it's just a random thought i had but i can already see the concept design in my head.
And by the way no weapons in Hawken reload or have ammunition so having a weapon as a Hawken wont be much of a problem now will it_
Osaruflix - movie reviews the movie retribrution blog!
Posted Image
WHERE IS MY GOD DANG COFFEE !_

#83 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted August 15 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hawk said:

Guru Zeb said:

Hawk said:

With mechanized i mean a futuristic looking modified hawken rifle adapted for the modern age.The only problem is it would be like a second shot gun with hopefully more power behind it and more range.Replace the black powder with something more fitting (i'm still not sure what it should be).Because of its original nature it would be great as a secundary weapon.
Anyway it's just a random thought i had but i can already see the concept design in my head.
And by the way no weapons in Hawken reload or have ammunition so having a weapon as a Hawken wont be much of a problem now will it_

If you think none of the weapons have limited ammunition or do not need to be reloaded or will not overheat your in for a rude awakening.

#84 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted August 15 2011 - 08:01 AM

At this point i'd just like to point out, to those who may have suffered a critical humour failure. That my previous comments where cast before the Hawken community more for the intention of generating mirth, rather than as serious suggestions  :D
Who'd have guessed it eh  ;)

#85 Frostiken

Frostiken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted August 15 2011 - 11:49 PM

Even though it's already demonstrated, I'd personally rather *not* have the 'railgun' type weapons. Overly simplistic, cliched, and doesn't really add anything to gameplay except frustration from campers.

#86 Ilhan

Ilhan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted August 16 2011 - 05:46 PM

Personally I don't like "fantasy" weapons like lasers, gauss gun, energetic chainsaw sword etc...

Some basic equipment it's ok :
machine gun, different kind of canons, flame thrower, missiles, and raming mech.

#87 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted August 17 2011 - 04:40 AM

Ilhan said:

Personally I don't like "fantasy" weapons like lasers, gauss gun, energetic chainsaw sword etc...

Whilst i would broadly agree with your stance on fantasy weapons, your definition of the class is waaaaaay too broad. How can you call Lasers and Gauss guns 'fantasy' weapons when the USA SDI program has several working weaponized Lasers of various types and wattages, and the USA is developing at entire new class of warships specifically to mount Gauss/Rail guns (= same thing) the Navy have spent the past 20 years developing.
Your definition of 'practical' weapons seems to only include anything developed before the end of WWII.  :roll:

#88 Splatah_King

Splatah_King

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Location192.168.0.1

Posted August 24 2011 - 07:52 AM

FM Cannon: Looks acts and operates a lot like a normal 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, century cannon.... Except with almost no damage.... The idea is to use it to keep someone away from you, shoot them with it, it causes some damage, but more importantly shoves them back an amount that is constant at all ranges....

I would say since it does almost no damage make it be insanely accurate have a slow overheat and have the projectiles have a slight arc.... Medium rate of fire.... Maybe one every second....

And it carries three special rounds that when shot wrap around the target and lock their weapons or aiming in place (No aiming the weapons without moving the entire Mech).... Or if they are up against a wall, chains them to it....

The immobility lasts only a few seconds but it gives you enough time to get away or switch to a damaging weapon.... and get a head start on killing them....
Posted Image

#89 gripwing

gripwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 12:39 AM

GUNBUSTER-----  A LIQUID SUBSTANCE WHEN FIRED SOLIDAFIEYS IN SECONDS TO TEMPORARLY CAUSE JAMMING OF THE ENEMY'S GUNS AND/OR COCKPIT VISION. CAN ONLY BE USED AT CLOSE QUARTERS.

#90 gripwing

gripwing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted August 27 2011 - 12:58 AM

CHAIN GUN ------- A chain gun is a type of machine gun or autocannon that uses an external source of power, rather than diverting energy from the cartridge, to cycle the weapon, and does so via a continuous loop of chain similar to that used on a motor or bicycle.

PARTICLE RIFLE -------- FIRES A VOLLEY OF HIGH VELOCITY UNSTABLE ATOMS THAT REACT UPON IMPACT CAUSING BLAST RADIUS DAMAGE I.E MINI NUKE / ATOM BOMB

#91 lunithy

lunithy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 05 2011 - 10:20 PM

lunithy wrote:
How about a Mechanic class or tool that replaces a weapon that can be used on other friendly's to repair them also while making the repairer as vulnerable, this would mean that a team approach and also they would become an easy target and put the pressure on knowing other players will be gunning for the medic so to speak.

The_Silencer
Imagine, for example, that the player piloting a light mech has this option available in order to play some sort of medic role for his own team. Instead of picking a weapon for his light mech he could pick up a repair equipment which would not be as eficient as the standard shut down repair.

I've to admit that I like the idea which would be worth to be considered and polished in order to be included in the game's tactical scheme.

i7-2600K G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2) DDR3 2133 Gigabyte GTX680OC Patriot WILDFIRE 120GB SATA3 SSD

#92 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 07 2011 - 11:19 AM

Wrong thread, mate. :P

I've opened this thread on your suggestion for you. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#93 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 07 2011 - 08:11 PM

Have Flamethrowers already been suggested_ (If not, I am disappoint)
How about some emp weapon kind of thing_
Slows or completely stops a mech momentarily but very low in ammo.

And how about some tactical stealth gear, like rechargeable invisibility or something like that_
And maybe a thermal vision that lets you see hostiles through walls_
And lastly maybe some weapon you could attatch on to your shoulder, like homing missile launchers

#94 Guru_Zeb

Guru_Zeb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 12:57 PM

AzureCrow said:

And how about some tactical stealth gear, like rechargeable invisibility or something like that_
And lastly maybe some weapon you could attatch on to your shoulder, like homing missile launchers

You could read through the thread then, you'd not only know if flamers have been suggested already, and have an overview of both exactly what has been suggested and discussed ;)

Personally dunno how anyone can join a thread and expect to add meaningfully to it without have at least skimmed through the thread.
Kind of like a surgeon starting to operate before shim knows whats wrong with the patient.

Could help avoid a lot of kind of obvious 'me too' suggestions.

#95 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 08 2011 - 01:10 PM

Guru Zeb said:

AzureCrow said:

You could read through the thread then, you'd not only know if flamers have been suggested already, and have an overview of both exactly what has been suggested and discussed ;)

Personally dunno how anyone can join a thread and expect to add meaningfully to it without have at least skimmed through the thread.
Kind of like a surgeon starting to operate before shim knows whats wrong with the patient.

Could help avoid a lot of kind of obvious 'me too' suggestions.
Yeah sorry, was kind of tired and drowsy...

#96 V3RTIGO

V3RTIGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 11:39 AM

NO LASERS PERIOD.

The simple physics of lasers within any atmosphere is incomprehensible, the only effective laser the US has to date is mounted throughout the ENTIRE INTERIOR OF A 747, and can barely melt a 6 in. hole in a Jeep.

What I really want is some sort of EMP defense mechanism that knocks out incoming missiles, as well as mechs who happen to be too close.

Also, we need some kind of Mini-Nuke Launcher, with low ammo and long reload time to balance out the power.

And, this may be just me, but please have a MASSIVE DOUBLE BARREL CANNON with which to blow enemies into big piles of molten metal.

Posted Image

"Humans are not rational, but rationalizing."

#97 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 01:58 PM

V3RTIGO_222 said:

NO LASERS PERIOD.

The simple physics of lasers within any atmosphere is incomprehensible, the only effective laser the US has to date is mounted throughout the ENTIRE INTERIOR OF A 747, and can barely melt a 6 in. hole in a Jeep.

What I really want is some sort of EMP defense mechanism that knocks out incoming missiles, as well as mechs who happen to be too close.

Also, we need some kind of Mini-Nuke Launcher, with low ammo and long reload time to balance out the power.

And, this may be just me, but please have a MASSIVE DOUBLE BARREL CANNON with which to blow enemies into big piles of molten metal.

1) I think the secondary weapon thing they have mentioned already serves as a mini-nuke launcher.

2) What exactly would this massive double barrel cannon do other than the cosmetic effect of blowing enemies into molten metal_ I get the feeling this one would be just you...

I agree on tactical emp weapons though. I find they would be interesting.

#98 V3RTIGO

V3RTIGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 03:10 PM

AzureCrow said:

V3RTIGO_222 said:

NO LASERS PERIOD.

1) I think the secondary weapon thing they have mentioned already serves as a mini-nuke launcher.

2) What exactly would this massive double barrel cannon do other than the cosmetic effect of blowing enemies into molten metal_ I get the feeling this one would be just you...

I agree on tactical emp weapons though. I find they would be interesting.

Scratch that, I meant a QUADRUPLE BARREL FLAK CANNON, for taking out aerial targets, I apologize, I forgot to add FLAK in front of CANNON, but on second consideration I'm thinking that four barrels are better than two...

Posted Image

#99 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 27 2011 - 01:10 PM

Aerial Targets_ Only one I can think of is a battleship and they are so big it is impossible to miss...

We have jets in this game_

#100 V3RTIGO

V3RTIGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 27 2011 - 01:49 PM

AzureCrow said:

Aerial Targets_ Only one I can think of is a battleship and they are so big it is impossible to miss...

We have jets in this game_

Yeah, Jump-Jets, Hover-Jets, the whole works, mounted right on your mech. Plus it'd be useful for taking out fast moving targets like, per-say, Light Mechs. Anyone who wants to jet to and from cover would receive partial splash damage too, even around corners, but Flak Cannons are made for taking out weak targets with constant hits with tiny bits of shrapnel (IE: Aircraft & possibly Light Mechs) and would do almost nothing against a target with heavier armor, which the shrapnel would have almost no effect what-so-ever. In big explosions, shrapnel only does damage to the internal workings of weakly armored foes, but the huge concussive force of the blast tears limb from limb, doing the brute force of its damage due to... brute force... Flak rounds don't have this force behind them, therefore making it a very precise and specialized tool made only to take out one kind of mech, so its a big trade off to make, therefore making it a balanced weapon, but, then again, its like gambling, and you have 1/3 of a chance to take out an enemy opponent simply based on a random choice of mech, and there are nearly a billion other factors to contribute to a kill.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users