HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Have you been called a botter in Hawken_

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#21 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostZeForte, on November 28 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

10/10, would shoot myself in the foot again.
I remember that the match "was basically over", and I just assumed there was rage quitting involved.
For what it's worth, I don't think I left voluntarily (why would I_ We were winning).

Alright, that wasn't very fair. I apologize for trying to paint you in a bad way.

However, I'm still convinced any broad negative statements about one's team are completely unproductive/borderline demoralizing and only serve as excuses.
Well, it basically was over. I didn't have a hope in hell of getting the AA back from you guys doing it solo, so really, there wasn't jack squat I could do to push you off. I still tried, but I knew really that as soon as it was 0-4 on the AA the first time, the match was done then and there and I was determined not to lash out like that twice - so I didn't, really, until you pressed me for it with your comment, and even then I made an entirely factual statement on it - you're at the mercy of the random pubbies playing. If you got ones who know what they're doing, great; everything will click and you'll probably crush the other guys if they don't act as a team. If your team has no clue... well, then you just want the match to be done and over with, or if you're more unscrupulous, you ragequit.

I'm not sure of why you left, just that you did. (For what it's worth, at the time I wondered why the heck you'd leave myself, my best guess being you were disgusted with my answer of it being down to the mercy of the pubs.)

And yes, for the most part I do agree. I kind of draw a line between "My team sucks ass" and "My team isn't attacking," though. But in the end, I suppose one could say that both are the same thing, it's just a matter of degree.

But I guess the mature thing to do in the end is to likewise apologize for my own words, though understandably, the people who are trying their hardest generally don't like being told "cry some more" by the guys underneath them... even though ironically I saw the situation from the other side of the fence the other day and it reminded me of how dumb and petty it is. (Though unlike me, that guy out and out said his team sucked, which I view as way worse.)

I chalk it up to just being human. Sometimes it happens; it's a stupid game so don't try to take it so seriously, but losses like that are always somewhat harder to swallow, especially when it looked like your team was clicking and then suddenly... it vanishes, except for one other guy. The key is to keep it as minimal as possible - and to at least be objective about it if, for some reason, you must gripe.

After all, I can't say I didn't try, but 7-7 is horrible for me; I'm a player who tends to pull higher K/D in most matches. It's frustrating to give your all and not have much support, but I have to keep in mind that not everyone has been playing this, or FPSes, for as long as I have, nor do all of them have as much skill in them as I do.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#22 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:35 AM

I detonated a tow next to a weak mech and I was accused of using a game exploit.
Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#23 OverWolf

OverWolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationMy mech, kicking back with fine wine.

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostDreizehn, on November 28 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen any AIMBOT or cheat accusations yet. You'd think its the first thing people would cry about.

Surprisingly I also haven't heard of any such accusations since even the days of Alpha.  Something in me wants to say I saw it once, but if I have this much trouble remembering for sure then I obviously didn't care too much, lol.
Posted Image
This is the Prelude to a New Revolution
Main Mech: Brawler; Secondary Mech: SharpShooter

#24 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostOverWolf, on November 28 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostDreizehn, on November 28 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen any AIMBOT or cheat accusations yet. You'd think its the first thing people would cry about.

Surprisingly I also haven't heard of any such accusations since even the days of Alpha.  Something in me wants to say I saw it once, but if I have this much trouble remembering for sure then I obviously didn't care too much, lol.
I know NotKjell was accused early beta or sometime like that.
Oh, and he was accused in a thread, on the forums.

EDIT: Found it.
http://community.pla...ckers-in-force/

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, November 28 2012 - 11:05 AM.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#25 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:24 PM

Accused of hacking when using the infiltrator cloak :P. (understandable coming from a new player though)
Posted Image

#26 BlackCephie

BlackCephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:32 PM

I've gotten thisb accusation shot my way since Alpha. Basically just from having the most basic of notions as to how to play the game. People get pissed when you own them over and over, and quite frankly its really funny. What's also funny is that I've never gotten that accusation from good players. I've been in matches where both teams were loaded with players that I've seen since alpha and beyond that I know from experience are skilled. (DarkPulse, Immie, AsianJoyKiller, BeefCake, Astrolis, Grafix, Deu, Zenji, Sk1nny, IpissXcellennce, and a bunch of others). Those matches are always fun, challenging, and moreover very respectful and well-sported. That being said, being accused of being a hacker or aimbotter tends to come from people who are not so great and havnt grasped the concepts of how other pilots could be so great.

I was once on a team with some great pilots, some of which are listed above, and one guy on the opposing team accused two of us for being aimbotters due to some pretty sexual TOW kills. I found this strange because, although they were not getting the last hits on the targets, the other guys on the team were doing great landing key shots,netting them major points for damage and assists. So basically people rage when they get killed on the person that killed them, totally disregarding thye fact that usually it was simply due to great teamwork.

Edited by BlackCephie, November 28 2012 - 12:35 PM.

Posted Image

#27 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:11 PM

I got accused of "hacking" for the first time since CB2 last night. I got it in CB2 tons when I played Danger Close sharpshooter.  It feels good, man.

Posted Image

#28 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:16 PM

Anybody else still find the time when some people proposed turning down graphical options in .ini was the same a cheating hilarious_

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#29 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:32 PM

Back in CBE2, i frequently got accusations of aimbotting with the Sharpshooter from just about everyone...
And i wasn't even doing that well.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#30 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 28 2012 - 01:16 PM, said:

Anybody else still find the time when some people proposed turning down graphical options in .ini was the same a cheating hilarious_

Sometimes I see merit in this argument. Example: In Tribes: Ascend you could strip trees down almost to wireframe levels which a lot of comp snipers did to avoid having LoS blocked by leaves and some branches. Personally I choose to train my eyes for the full shiny levels and don't care if people that turn them down get an advantage, but the sauce for qq is there. (except motion blur, fuzzy bunny that fuzzy bunny)

Edited by Skylead, November 28 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#31 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:36 PM

View PostSkylead, on November 28 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Sometimes I see merit in this argument. Example: In Tribes: Ascend you could strip trees down almost to wireframe levels which a lot of comp snipers did to avoid having LoS blocked by leaves and some branches. Personally I choose to train my eyes for the full shiny levels and don't care if people that turn them down get an advantage, but the sauce for qq is there.

Back playing CoD4 comp, some setting were banned. You could turn off things like grass client-side, turning what's supposed to be full cover into nothing. CoD had a ton of other abuses - capping your FPS at 333 was not allowed. At 333, you ran silently without the perk and got insane jump height, plus other random bonuses. Silly fuzzy bunny :/

And yes I have been called a hacker a few times, notably on the forums. Dude give me a worthwhile sig though

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#32 Sinj

Sinj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationStamford, CT USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:52 PM

I accuse every wall I run into of hacking, seriously how else did it get there...
Posted Image

#33 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:56 PM

View PostNotKjell, on November 28 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

View PostSkylead, on November 28 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Sometimes I see merit in this argument. Example: In Tribes: Ascend you could strip trees down almost to wireframe levels which a lot of comp snipers did to avoid having LoS blocked by leaves and some branches. Personally I choose to train my eyes for the full shiny levels and don't care if people that turn them down get an advantage, but the sauce for qq is there.

Back playing CoD4 comp, some setting were banned. You could turn off things like grass client-side, turning what's supposed to be full cover into nothing. CoD had a ton of other abuses - capping your FPS at 333 was not allowed. At 333, you ran silently without the perk and got insane jump height, plus other random bonuses. Silly fuzzy bunny :/

And yes I have been called a hacker a few times, notably on the forums. Dude give me a worthwhile sig though
Sweet Jesus...

Honestly, I was referring to the people who were getting bent out of shape over people disabling film grain, excessive screen shake and changing their non-zoomed FoV to something that didn't make them motion sick.

AJK is right

#34 Immie

Immie

Dev Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:06 PM

From Beta 1. Haven't had a chance to play much Beta 3 yet, for shame, RL.

Attached Files

Edited by Immie, November 28 2012 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#35 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:06 PM

Remember, I was called a hacker for editing the ini's in Alpha! Ironically, the same thing I did will now be considered "tolerated" come 12.12.12.
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#36 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:10 PM

My favorite one I've gotten recently was being accused of using VOIP with my friend in a 2v2 game..... I was laughing so hard I didn't respond before he left the game.

And to be truthful... we were using it!!!!!!! muhahahaha

Once I was half called a hack but mostly what I get is omg your lvl is too high so I have no chance. So I switched to my lvl 0 stock assault w/ no internals/skills or even the 1 talent point spent and then crushed w/ it and lvled myself to 2 =( No more lvl 0 mech to prove a point...

Silly players... trix are for kids.

#37 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostSinj, on November 28 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I accuse every wall I run into of hacking, seriously how else did it get there...
"What a lousy place for a wall...."
- Don Karnage, Disney's Talespin

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#38 Snoof

Snoof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:51 PM

This is what happens when you make competitive games "noob-friendly"..... children under 18 should NOT be allowed on the internet
Posted Image

#39 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted November 28 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostSnoof, on November 28 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

This is what happens when you make competitive games "noob-friendly"..... children under 18 should NOT be allowed on the internet

Should read; anyone under 18 should not be playing videogames aimed at adults without supervision.

And i say this because i grew up with computers and BBS'es (before the internet came along full force, you know, pre 56.6k), and if at that point in time the BBS operators would have had those same sentiments you just put forth, i would not have been able to learn anything interesting about computers until after i was 18, and i'd not be where i am today.

Besides, how old were you when you started out on the Internet (or BBS'es if you're old enough to have known those) _

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, November 28 2012 - 03:59 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#40 KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:53 PM

I haven't seen anyone being accused of cheating, hacking, or anything like that though I've seen plenty of people get upset over their teammates. Kind of makes me laugh when someone stops playing to sit there and rant over how much other people suck instead taking that time to give some advice to their teammates. A few times I've been in a match where things are heading south for my time then I drop a few quick tips in team chat (stay together, don't chase the enemy when we're holding the vantage point, and what have you) things start to turn around.

The only time I've complained in chat is over team balancing when things are clearly one sided. More than once I've come into matches where it will be 6v3 or less, the winning team is sitting at over 40 kills, and the losing team is riding below 10 kills. This rather irks me because it doesn't take skill to win in that situation, you're just overwhelming the other team with your numbers and not much else. So I typically make a remark or two about balancing out the teams in hopes that people will switch over to bring back some challenge into the match.

Sometimes people do change teams and the match becomes fun again. Those out there who make that effort I just have to say thanks, definitely helps keep newer players from getting steamrolled and turned off to the experience plus how can players expect to get any better with teams stacked like that_ There are some though who just keep the teams stacked, I'll see them all team up at the start of the next match, and in my opinion things become incredibly boring at that point so I drop out of the server to find another game.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users