HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Have you been called a botter in Hawken_

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:34 AM

Tonight, I finally have been.

I won't call out the person who accused me of it, because that's against forum rules and I don't want to embarrass the guy. If he reads this, he knows who he is.

All I gotta say is, thanks for the laugh, boss! Hopefully those TOW rocket prediction shots I nailed you with proved I wasn't aimbotting!

If anyone's got any other stories of being accused of hax, feel free to list them here. I enjoy me some schadenfreude.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#2 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted November 28 2012 - 12:58 AM

I found it rather funny being called "unfair" for using a lvl 18 mech by a player with a lvl 1 mech when a guy in a lvl 9 mech was winning in a TDM. [and there were some lvl 20s on the lvl 1's team that weren't doing so well]

Edited by Ace4225, November 28 2012 - 01:01 AM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:13 AM

I do have a wall of rage/epeen, but no hackusations yet. I'm kind of glad.
It makes me sad when people accuse me of aimbotting.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, given that there's only two weapons you could theoretically aimbot with...

It's why I made sure I cracked this guy with TOW missiles once in awhile. It got me some nice F-Bombs.

#5 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:23 AM

:/

Well, its lvl 20 now so there's no reason to use it in pub games anymore.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 02:30 AM

I remember someone talking smack to me because we were losing when I was on his team.

I shut him up pretty quickly with "Don't talk s-word unless you can outdo my score."

#7 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:17 AM

No accusations of cheating but people (in Beta 3 in particular) have been very quick to point out the discrepancies (polite term) of them being a lower rank than me (or team mates).  You are sooooooooooooooo overpowered they say...

If they play better then maybe they can also rank up bit; not that it makes a huge difference at this time any way.

#8 CyanideFuse

CyanideFuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:20 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 28 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

I remember someone talking smack to me because we were losing when I was on his team.

I shut him up pretty quickly with "Don't talk s-word unless you can outdo my score."

I had this the other day.  I came into the match with 3 minutes left and finished top scorer and well above some fool who was calling the team every name under the sun in the end lobby.  He was something like 2 kills and 12 deaths and a couple of assists; speak up if you are putting a good shift in but keep it quiet if you haven't contributed.

#9 ZeForte

ZeForte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on November 28 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Either that's your standard routine or you're recalling the case of using your amazing remark against me, in which case I feel compelled to respond and put some context behind it.

I remember joining a siege game a few days ago a few minutes before its conclusion (in favor of the opponents' team). One fellow on my team used the last few remaining seconds to start rambling about just how terrible his (i.e. our) team was. I responded with something like "cry about it, it'll help" which was, naturally, followed by even more complaining (and the little remarks I'm sure everyone in online gaming knows and sees time and time again: "I'm not whining, it's true").
The second and last response I gave was along the lines of "let it all out" which admittedly was meant in a more antagonizing manner all the while hoping for that person to realize just how futile these ramblings were. His reproach was the mentioned "Don't talk s-word unless you can outdo my score" which indeed and honestly left me speechless.
I was baffled for a multitude of reasons, including the complete irrelevancy of the score to his or her shown attitude as well as the question how my snide remarks were even regarded as "talking s..." or rather, if the person in question truly believed that the individual with the highest score is allowed to go on with his incessant whining.

As we continued on to the next game, we ended up on different teams, with mine having the favorable players. About five or ten minutes into that game, seeing how I slightly outscore the mentioned person and the game is generally favoring my team, I decided to take my former teammate's advice, wondering the following: "not blaming your team yet_ how come_"
This was followed by his or her spiel involving the faults of matchmaking, the contents of which I do not remember. I do remember, that this person promptly left the game after said remarks, disadvantaging his team even further.

To actually stay on topic. I'm fairly sure at least a dozen or so people called me out on aimbotting (not terming it such, though), but I only responded with confirmation that I truly do not aim my shots myself, yet still am able to hit with high accuracy. So there you go.

Playing Rocketeer, btw.

#10 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:10 AM

View PostCyanideFuse, on November 28 2012 - 04:17 AM, said:

No accusations of cheating but people (in Beta 3 in particular) have been very quick to point out the discrepancies (polite term) of them being a lower rank than me (or team mates).  You are sooooooooooooooo overpowered they say...

If they play better then maybe they can also rank up bit; not that it makes a huge difference at this time any way.

Agree :/

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#11 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted November 28 2012 - 05:37 AM

Have i been ill informed.

Are mechs not giant "robots"_

Or is this thread about something else alltogether_

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#12 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted November 28 2012 - 07:25 AM

*cough* Spiderz *cough*
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#13 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 28 2012 - 08:56 AM

Yep, happened to me. Once. Got plenty of people leaving my enemy team after a few minutes.

I take it as a compliment. The accusations are baseless of course, but if the other guy cant figure out why youre so good, chances are youre actually good.

#14 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostZeForte, on November 28 2012 - 04:28 AM, said:

Either that's your standard routine or you're recalling the case of using your amazing remark against me, in which case I feel compelled to respond and put some context behind it.

I remember joining a siege game a few days ago a few minutes before its conclusion (in favor of the opponents' team). One fellow on my team used the last few remaining seconds to start rambling about just how terrible his (i.e. our) team was. I responded with something like "cry about it, it'll help" which was, naturally, followed by even more complaining (and the little remarks I'm sure everyone in online gaming knows and sees time and time again: "I'm not whining, it's true").
The second and last response I gave was along the lines of "let it all out" which admittedly was meant in a more antagonizing manner all the while hoping for that person to realize just how futile these ramblings were. His reproach was the mentioned "Don't talk s-word unless you can outdo my score" which indeed and honestly left me speechless.
I was baffled for a multitude of reasons, including the complete irrelevancy of the score to his or her shown attitude as well as the question how my snide remarks were even regarded as "talking s..." or rather, if the person in question truly believed that the individual with the highest score is allowed to go on with his incessant whining.

As we continued on to the next game, we ended up on different teams, with mine having the favorable players. About five or ten minutes into that game, seeing how I slightly outscore the mentioned person and the game is generally favoring my team, I decided to take my former teammate's advice, wondering the following: "not blaming your team yet_ how come_"
This was followed by his or her spiel involving the faults of matchmaking, the contents of which I do not remember. I do remember, that this person promptly left the game after said remarks, disadvantaging his team even further.
Since it was indeed you, I will also provide some clarification to my own remarks, because I'm not going to deny I made them. Since I do at least have FRAPS running and taking shots every ten seconds, I can effectively reconstruct the match:
  • When I joined, it was already about 30 seconds before the enemy ship slammed our base (successfully). I managed to get EU rounded up after this, and after one launch that failed (we got the AA too late, and they shot it down) we held the point with relative ease on our second launch to tie it 1-1 apiece.
  • As I gathered more energy, I saw they were dumping massively. I warned our team they were about to launch and get to the AA; we were doing a near-simultaneous launch so I figured they'd naturally hustle over there. Things looked good - 3 on each side at the AA, and ten seconds later we had 3 guys there to their one (the other two who were making it 3-3 were just outside the circle), but then I got blown up.
  • By the time I respawned, it was literally 0-3. At this point, essentially the only two people attacking the AA were myself and ZeForte.
  • After another death or two, our ship was blown out of the air by our AA, and I basically conceded with a comment of "gg, my team is avoiding AA circle", since it was a 2v3 or 2v4 situation and I had no clue whatsoever where the other two guys were; the game was effectively lost. (They ended up going 1-3 and 1-6 in terms of K/D.)
  • At that point, ZeForte makes his comments, I counter with mine. For the record, despite joining presumably not much before ZeForte, I managed to go 7-7 and lead the team; he was dead last with 2-3. He did do better in the killing department than the other two guys, as mentioned above; his K/D was certainly better than theirs, and he was only 60 XP or so off from 3rd on our team. He was my only help basically, so having him tell me that definitely tweaked me the wrong way, especially considering that I busted my butt out there to try to pull off a from-behind win; I don't exactly take such comments well when, for the most part, I'm trying my best to carry the team. Sometimes I succeed, but this time, I couldn't. Presumably, so did he but who knows about the other two guys. All I know is they weren't attacking AA like we were, and so the only natural end was a loss.
  • Next match: Essentially similar scenario. Teams essentially do not change from last game but a few more players do get added in; this time, he is on the side that had the heavily skilled players. Game starts 6v5 with my side down the man. I see their EU soaring down and warn my team to get to the AA; they launch first. Starts 1-1; I get blown up and killed by one of their guys. Respawn, it's 0-4 in the circle, soon becoming 0-5. My team seems to be content to sit outside of the circle rather than challenging them, sniping from a distance.
  • ZeForte eggs me on: "Not blaming your team yet_ How come_" I ignore it for awhile, keep trying. Go to the AA and get killed again by the 3 defenders there with me as solo attacker again. At this point, I pretty much shrug and say "It's the mercy of the pubs, basically. You either luck out and get a team who does teamwork or you don't, c'est la vie."
  • One of my guys leaves the game after our base takes a hit. I comment that it's 6v4, hoping someone switches. Instead, ZeForte leaves the game, which reduces it to 5v4.
  • I keep on playing. We launch a ship; they launch theirs. Ours gets stuffed as I'm still the only real attacker; they get four defenders on the AA and promptly slam our base. We naturally lose; one of my guys actually had a score of 0-0, meaning that, in effect, the match was 5v3 since all he tried to do was apparently hang back and shoot the ship - and since the other two did not attack AA ever, it was a match I was once again doomed to lose. Besides me for most of the match, the scoreboard at the end indicates only one other guy on our side is in a non-Sharpshooter role. I managed to score slightly better than their worst guy, but the simple fact is I got rolled yet again (3-6), by facing a team that had an idea of what they were doing, when my team really did not.
  • Oh, and yes, I did stay on that server after you had left. In fact, I won the match after that disgustingly quickly (9:30) because it was down to 6 players, and I had one of the better players on my side, who kicks ass and always puts up a good fight. The next match was nearly as bad (9:35) because the game paired us up yet again and even though the guys on the other side left, two more came in; one of them left during the match and the game fell apart after that due to lack of server population. I gave kudos to the other guy for sticking it out and getting himself more HP and XP at least.
I'm only human, so I'm bound to gripe sometimes. I try to keep it to a minimum, but sooner or later, everyone grumbles. What I made sure I did not do was call my team idiots, or noobs, or anything like that - I simply stated they weren't going to the AA (which was literally 100% true in the second game, and only ZeForte and I were attacking in the first). So needless to say, when ZeForte tells me "cry some more" and I see that overall I'm doing more than he is... obviously, I'm going to tell him to slot off. I still don't know how good of a player he is, but I'll withold my judgment on that until I actually get to play him in a situation that's not completely lopsided one way or the other, but I couldn't have joined much earlier than he did, and I still pulled a 7-7 while he pulled a 2-3. The earliest screenshot I can find that has proof of the time discrepancy between our joins is about 6 minutes and 40 seconds apart; he joined while our first ship was in the air at least and certainly no later than when it was shot down, well before our second ship (which was successful) and definitely well before our third launch (which was destroyed) along with the enemy launch that ended the game.

This was not a "short period of time" before the match ended. The time between when I can confirm ZeForte was on and when I made my comment was almost nine minutes; by the end of the game he had went 2-3 while I had gone 7-7. I died more, but I also did more work; he was the only one helping, but regardless, when it's effectively 2v3 or 2v4, the game is lost. I have no idea why my other two guys suddenly did not care for the AA (I wouldn't have said anything if they were trying and dying, I know that) but when it gets to that point, not much you can do except throw in the towel and go "gg, my team's avoiding the circle."

So if his response to me is that, then yes, I'm going to tell him exactly that, because a player, no matter how good, is going to score poorly in Siege if he has no team backing him up. It's exactly the case I was in for the two matches we had together.

And yes, I will happily provide the pictures that proved I stayed and you were gone; your story and I correlate except for that little detail, but I have plenty of proof that shows I stayed. Hell, I'll hand you the whole match in screenshots if you want; all you have to do is ask. If there is one thing I do not do, it is ragequit, even if I'm getting my ass handed to me on a silver platter, because to me ragequitting is an even worse sin than griping. I'll take my lickings and leave after the match, but the only reason I leave during one is if a server empties, my net farts, or the game crashes.

View PostArnieF4440, on November 28 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

*cough* Spiderz *cough*
Spiderz is nothing. Ask him, I stomped him. :P

Granted, he's facing me with a ping disadvantage. Who knows what it'd be like if we both had good ping, instead of me having good ping and him having fuzzy bunny ping...

Edited by DarkPulse, November 28 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#15 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:25 AM

View Posth0B0, on November 28 2012 - 05:37 AM, said:

Have i been ill informed.

Are mechs not giant "robots"_

Or is this thread about something else alltogether_

Point taken, we are all botters

#16 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:27 AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen any AIMBOT or cheat accusations yet. You'd think its the first thing people would cry about.

#17 ZeForte

ZeForte

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:39 AM

One of my guys leave the game after our base takes a hit. I comment that it's 6v4, hoping someone switches. Instead, ZeForte leaves the game, which reduces it to 5v4.

10/10, would shoot myself in the foot again.
I remember that the match "was basically over", and I just assumed there was rage quitting involved.
For what it's worth, I don't think I left voluntarily (why would I_ We were winning).

Alright, that wasn't very fair. I apologize for trying to paint you in a bad way.

However, I'm still convinced any broad negative statements about one's team are completely unproductive/borderline demoralizing and only serve as excuses.

#18 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 09:58 AM

Raging/whining/what-have-you is best done on third-party voip, where your teammates can't hear the terrible things you say about them
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#19 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:22 AM

Beemann's such a scrub. Can you believe this guy_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#20 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 28 2012 - 10:26 AM

If I wasn't around, where would you get your kills from_
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'