HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any love for Xbox / Ps3_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

#1 StantonJL

StantonJL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 06 2011 - 09:34 PM

Sorry if this was already answered, searching didn't seem to get me anything, but is there any information to whether console users will be able to play Hawken :shock:

#2 Moc

Moc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 07 2011 - 12:48 AM

from what i've seen. they are hoping to put it out as downloadable content. problably on all ps3/xbox/pc
"Older men declare war. But it is the youth that must fight and die."
-Herbert Hoover
\\ Xfire \\ Steam \\
Posted Image
\\ Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz \\ ASUS P8P67-M-PRO \\ Corsair 8GB 1600MHz \\
\\ EVGA GTX 580 3GB \\ 128GB OCZ Agility 3 \\ 2TB + 1TB + 500GB \\

#3 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 07 2011 - 09:38 AM

viewtopic.php_f=3&t=32

#4 Purplefix

Purplefix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted June 12 2011 - 07:08 AM

Check around 4:00 mark. Console love. Personally I hope this doesn't hurt pc version.

http://www.g4tv.com/... ... play-Demo/

#5 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted June 15 2011 - 07:14 PM

I prefer the game to be only available for PC.

Consoles hurts the quality of PC games. Their first game should be on PC. If the franchise grows, probably sequels of this could be available for the PS4 and the 720.

#6 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted June 16 2011 - 06:16 AM

At the moment the game its pc only, they probabably havent started porting it to consoles but they are building it around playing it whit cotrollers, but that dosent mean it will come to xbox and ps3 as well, it all depends on what kind of deal they agree whit their publisher that is still unknown.

Posted Image

#7 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted June 16 2011 - 08:07 AM

Maligkno said:

At the moment the game its pc only, they probabably havent started porting it to consoles but they are building it around playing it whit cotrollers, but that dosent mean it will come to xbox and ps3 as well, it all depends on what kind of deal they agree whit their publisher that is still unknown.

They have now a Publisher_

Tell me is not EA....

#8 aethernet

aethernet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationcyberspace

Posted June 16 2011 - 11:37 AM

I hate EA.

I just built myself a new computer. So I don't care about Hawken on ps3 or 360 anymore lol.

But if I had to choose between I would pick ps3.
mecha srw anime vg gundam vocaloid touhou programming etc

#9 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted June 20 2011 - 05:01 AM

The problem with EA is their attitude. Those dumb ass fucking cunts become project and time managers cutting in half great productions. Look what happened to Crysis II and Dragon Age II. They wasted two great franchises.

Rant/.

#10 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 05 2011 - 11:26 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Consoles hurts the quality of PC games. Their first game should be on PC. If the franchise grows, probably sequels of this could be available for the PS4 and the 720.

OKay Mechanic Whats your problem with consoles_ Did you get a SNES controller stuck up your butt when you were a kid and now you blame all consoles for your constipation problems_
I mean I've seen some people hate on things before, but you've got some sort of deep down unconscious burning desire to see all consoles burned and destroyed.

*Takes a puff of cigar* Whats up_ Talk to me_
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#11 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 06 2011 - 11:01 AM

DarkS7ar said:

MechMechanics1 said:

OKay Mechanic Whats your problem with consoles_ Did you get a SNES controller stuck up your butt when you were a kid and now you blame all consoles for your constipation problems_
I mean I've seen some people hate on things before, but you've got some sort of deep down unconscious burning desire to see all consoles burned and destroyed.

*Takes a puff of cigar* Whats up_ Talk to me_
My working theory is that he upgraded his computer to run Crysis at the max, and then Crysis 2 came out tuned down and he's angry that his purchase of the top-of-the-line hardware isn't justified now. I'm also highly curious as what caused him to come to the conclusion that consoles are evil or whatnot. (Not so I can restart the argument for consoles, but the reasoning behind his opinions is something that's been nagging at me.)
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#12 saltykraken

saltykraken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 06 2011 - 09:41 PM

Maligkno said:

...huh_ i'm new on these forums but is there a link where the PC-only thing you say is confirmed_... i first heard about this game from a 360 website a while back, i've been following this game for a couple months now. I'm not a PC gamer. From what i've read on this game didn't they originally plan for it to be downloadable on consoles_... I'm sure consoles aren't an afterthought for the devs. There's a lot of bias on these forums...  :_

#13 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 07 2011 - 01:32 AM

saltykraken said:

Maligkno said:

...huh_ i'm new on these forums but is there a link where the PC-only thing you say is confirmed_... i first heard about this game from a 360 website a while back, i've been following this game for a couple months now. I'm not a PC gamer. From what i've read on this game didn't they originally plan for it to be downloadable on consoles_... I'm sure consoles aren't an afterthought for the devs. There's a lot of bias on these forums...  :_

Don't worry noobie I'm in the same boat as you (console wise)

The facts stand that the devs are hard at work making this game with multi platform in mind (PC, 360,PS3)
But as far as the intel goes. It does depend on the publisher they have.

So with that said Hawken will more likely than not come out on all consoles, but the release for the PC and 360 could be two different dates. (probably a few months apart)

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.

Ashfire908 said:

I'm also highly curious as what caused him to come to the conclusion that consoles are evil or whatnot. (Not so I can restart the argument for consoles, but the reasoning behind his opinions is something that's been nagging at me.)

Same reason why I decided to confront him.
I'm sure more than a few people on this forum that have looked through the master list comments feel the same way.

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#14 saltykraken

saltykraken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 07 2011 - 06:31 AM

DarkS7ar said:

saltykraken said:

Maligkno said:

Don't worry noobie I'm in the same boat as you (console wise)

The facts stand that the devs are hard at work making this game with multi platform in mind (PC, 360,PS3)
But as far as the intel goes. It does depend on the publisher they have.

So with that said Hawken will more likely than not come out on all consoles, but the release for the PC and 360 could be two different dates. (probably a few months apart)

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will fill in the blanks.

Ashfire908 said:

I'm also highly curious as what caused him to come to the conclusion that consoles are evil or whatnot. (Not so I can restart the argument for consoles, but the reasoning behind his opinions is something that's been nagging at me.)

Same reason why I decided to confront him.
I'm sure more than a few people on this forum that have looked through the master list comments feel the same way.

lol, ah okay, well thanks for that info i guess. this game looks awesome, would be a shame if it didn't come out on a console.  :cry:

#15 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted July 07 2011 - 02:59 PM

I probably wouldn't worry too much, all you console slaves!  ;)
UDK is multiplatform.  Once the game is built you just cook the content for whichever platform you need it for. (simplified process description)

I'd be very surprised if the dev's didn't release it for the PS3 n 360 as they'd loose out on a lot of revenue on those platforms.

I for one want the devs to make a lotta money as it then enables them to continue working on the game, post release, expanding it for the benefit of all us mech junkies!  :D
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#16 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 07 2011 - 03:27 PM

Lord_Porksword said:

I'd be very surprised if the dev's didn't release it for the PS3 n 360 as they'd loose out on a lot of revenue on those platforms.

I for one want the devs to make a lotta money as it then enables them to continue working on the game, post release, expanding it for the benefit of all us mech junkies!  :D

I concur. With how amazing and talented AG's small team is I would not be surprised if they eventually grow to be as(or more) big and popular as bizzard, bungie or Id.

Lord_Porksword said:

I probably wouldn't worry too much, all you console slaves!  ;)

Lol if we're the slaves you PC and Mac guys must be the Egyptians.  ;)

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#17 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted July 07 2011 - 05:11 PM

DarkS7ar said:

LOLz
Well said my friend!!  :lol:  
So then could we assume that the Adhesive Devs are our Pharaohs_  :ugeek:
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#18 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 07 2011 - 05:19 PM

Lord_Porksword said:

DarkS7ar said:

LOLz
Well said my friend!!  :lol:  
So then could we assume that the Adhesive Devs are our Pharaohs_  :ugeek:

I think more like Ra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

The second sentence sums up the guys at AG pretty well. 8-)

Keep working hard AG!

^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#19 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 14 2011 - 07:58 PM

I definitely would not be able to play hawken even on the High end of settings due to the fact that I can barely hit Ultra on SC2 and for proper play I customize it down to a conservative Medium so I would prefer for this game to come out on Xbox but if worst comes to worst I think my clunker could ratchet this out reliably on Low-Medium.

#20 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 07:05 AM

Only a retard releases a game of this caliber for the 360. I think they need to focus first on PC. The console peasants must enjoy it in their next PS4 and 720. I prefer that because the team needs to establish a PC community first without those console retarded dolts. They first need to establish a PC community strongly enough to bring extra talent to their pool and expand their ambitions.

I personally don't discard the consoles but the choice should be made for the PS4 and the 720. Consoles should come eventually with a better polished game for everybody. Consoles now hold off the gaming industry. They should be taken with a different perspective.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users