HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any love for Xbox / Ps3_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

#21 Zekk380

Zekk380

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 04:57 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

I prefer the game to be only available for PC.

Consoles hurts the quality of PC games. Their first game should be on PC. If the franchise grows, probably sequels of this could be available for the PS4 and the 720.

How does it hurt the quailty of PC games_

#22 Zekk380

Zekk380

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 05:08 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Only a retard releases a game of this caliber for the 360. I think they needs to focus first on PC. The console peasants must enjoy it in their next PS4 and 720. I prefer that because the team needs to establish a PC community first without those console retarded dolts. They first need to establish a PC community strongly enough to bring extra talent to their pool and expand their ambitions.

I personally don't discard the consoles but the choice should be made for the PS4 and the 720. Consoles should come eventually with a better polished game for everybody. Consoles now hold off the gaming industry. They should be taken with a different perspective.

Dude why do you hate consoles and console gamers so much_ I mean can't you be a little kinder_

#23 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 06:30 PM

Zekk380 said:

Level of sophistication.

The graphical quality.

The game play mechanics.

Games are axed because consoles limit the potential. The design choices must be tempered to the capacity of the consoles.

#24 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 06:35 PM

Zekk380 said:

Dude why do you hate consoles and console gamers so much_ I mean can't you be a little kinder_

Developers constantly treat us like kiddies, brain dead lemmings with their condescending tone using "nuzzles" and "necrets". The console gamer is not interested in a deep experience. Thanks to their demands the developers downgrade and gimp their games for the casuals.

We get the shortest straw always. So I ask you, how can I be kind when constantly our kind is mistreated_ It's like attending a room where the class is mathematics. We expect partial differential equations but thanks to the majority we only see arithmetic.

See now_

#25 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'll ask you this then Mechmechanic.

Should people without the knowledge or funds to build or even buy a stock computer that can run these new games be unfairly discriminated against_ I personally take offence to the fact that you think console gamers are "casual" or asking for a dumbed down experience.

Excuse me if I do not want to drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a computer. Does this make me any less a gamer or more responsible as a person with the funds that I do have.

You have no right to criticize and generalize so radically. The elitism of some computer gamers astounds me.

/rant.

#26 Zekk380

Zekk380

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 05:52 AM

MechMechanics1 said:

Zekk380 said:

Level of sophistication.

The graphical quality.

The game play mechanics.

Games are axed because consoles limit the potential. The design choices must be tempered to the capacity of the consoles.

The only games that I've seen dumbed down for consoles are RTS games like Supreme Commander 2, and even then it's only for the consoles.

#27 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 07:38 AM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

I'll ask you this then Mechmechanic.

Should people without the knowledge or funds to build or even buy a stock computer that can run these new games be unfairly discriminated against_ I personally take offence to the fact that you think console gamers are "casual" or asking for a dumbed down experience.

With $600 you can built an amazing computer. That's not an excuse. If you don't know how, then use your brain, go to any reputable forums and ask the experts who assemble computers for a living.

Second, games for PC can be scaled up or down according to the hardware capacity. I don't need you to tell the basics. You already did this in a span of more than ten years. All of the sudden you ignore this.

I don't mind if you consider me a douche bag or a fucking cunt. I have every right to be one and I'm being one on purpose. Why_ Because I'm defending quality and I'm defending something we all like. There are many ways to get a good PC. It's up to you to push yourself harder for the things you like.

The harsh truth is this, console players are casuals. The majority of these casuals produces money. That's why you make gimped games for those mentally impaired brain dead morons. No one said that there are no great gamers in consoles or smart players on consoles. There are of course but sadly those are the minority. If a game is scheduled to sell you have to appeal the fucktards.

Sorry but that's the truth. I can't change it, you can't change it. However, I don't like the idea to see a great game being gimped for that reason. It's no fun to see a talented group like this one bite the dust with another console shit.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Excuse me if I do not want to drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a computer. Does this make me any less a gamer or more responsible as a person with the funds that I do have.

Again, invest intelligently. You don't need to waste thousands on a good PC. There's hardware available twice capable than the PS3 at $700. Do your research.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

You have no right to criticize and generalize so radically. The elitism of some computer gamers astounds me.

I'm very poor and have consoles too. However I'm realistic. Mutli platform games are axed PC games. Old hardware can't cope up with our current technology.

Sorry if I was blunt. I'm tired of being nice when the industry constantly bukake our faces with manure instead of good games.

#28 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 07:46 AM

Zekk380 said:

The only games that I've seen dumbed down for consoles are RTS games like Supreme Commander 2, and even then it's only for the consoles.

Sorry but the pipelining is reduced and scaled down according to the adjustment of parameters on consoles. You can't design a game for PC when your architectural environment is the hardware of the consoles. The level of abstraction is reduced significantly in many areas.

There's a fixed budget of polygons.
There's a fixed budget of streamed memory.
There's a fixed budget for textures.
There's a fixed budget of CPU and GPU calculations.

Etc..

#29 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 17 2011 - 06:07 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

With $600 you can built an amazing computer. That's not an excuse. If you don't know how, then use your brain, go to any reputable forums and ask the experts who assemble computers for a living.

Again you assume people have the time and $600 to kick around as they please.

MechMechanics1 said:

Second, games for PC can be scaled up or down according to the hardware capacity. I don't need you to tell the basics. You already did this in a span of more than ten years. All of the sudden you ignore this.

A scaled down PC game as opposed to a fully functional console game that is optimized for the hardware included in a console, for a fraction of that $600 you assume people have to drop. Sorry if you don't sell me there.

MechMechanics1 said:

I don't mind if you consider me a douche bag or a fucking cunt. I have every right to be one and I'm being one on purpose. Why_ Because I'm defending quality and I'm defending something we all like. There are many ways to get a good PC. It's up to you to push yourself harder for the things you like.

Again, you seem to think people have to "match" your dedication to a game or system. Sorry, games don't run my life. My work, family, and life do. Games are something that I use to relax after a 12 hour drag shift. I don't want to be so invested in something I, and many, of us use to relax. This is the bane of having gaming hit mainstream, people who take the games TOO seriously and then shit on the rest of us.

MechMechanics1 said:

The harsh truth is this, console players are casuals. The majority of these casuals produces money. That's why you make gimped games for those mentally impaired brain dead morons. No one said that there are no great gamers in consoles or smart players on consoles. There are of course but sadly those are the minority. If a game is scheduled to sell you have to appeal the fucktards.

Just a chunk of generalized computer elistist mantra here.

MechMechanics1 said:

Sorry but that's the truth. I can't change it, you can't change it. However, I don't like the idea to see a great game being gimped for that reason. It's no fun to see a talented group like this one bite the dust with another console shit.

If this group is so talented you should support them and encourage them to make the game as good as they possibly can as opposed to limiting it to a very smaller market just so you can claim a victory for PC's. Many multi-platform games are on a totally different level when played on PC's due to the hardware excess and the keyboard and mouse input, that isn't the dispute here. However does putting this game on a console mean its shit_ No it means your trying to reach a larger market of people. Your coupling the fact of platform choice to the skill and quality of a game. I distinctly remember games like Mario 64, Super Smash Brothers, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat being very well received despite never seeing the light of day on a computer.

MechMechanics1 said:

Again, invest intelligently. You don't need to waste thousands on a good PC. There's hardware available twice capable than the PS3 at $700. Do your research.

Ignoring the obvious compatibility issues of differing hardware, like chipset compatibility, motherboard to memory compatibility, video card capability and ensuring adequate power supply,building a computer is by far an easy task. Let alone one that most people working full time have the time and resources, you still assume people have that kind of cash laying around, to complete.

MechMechanics1 said:

I'm very poor and have consoles too. However I'm realistic. Mutli platform games are axed PC games. Old hardware can't cope up with our current technology.

Not disputing that, but dismissing all console gamers will destroy the gaming industry. Sorry but the mainstream acceptance of gaming as a leisure activity is a direct result of consoles. If you want this game to succeed you should encourage them to branch out to consoles ensuring at least a larger market for their wares to continue to produce very good video games which is what we all want. I can deal with lesser graphics for a fairer price point.

MechMechanics1 said:

Sorry if I was blunt. I'm tired of being nice when the industry constantly bukake our faces with manure instead of good games.

I'm not sorry if your blunt cause I will be. This industry is built on consoles. If you want this game limited to computers, so be it. But it will not enjoy the success it COULD on consoles. Which means less money for the devs, less incentive to make more games. Which is something none of us want.

#30 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 17 2011 - 10:13 PM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Again you assume people have the time and $600 to kick around as they please.

They better work their asses for it. They spent in two damaged 360s and 1 PS3. That sums about 900 dollars in consoles alone without video games.

Sorry but that excuse doesn't work.  

TheDubstepDisciple said:

A scaled down PC game as opposed to a fully functional console game that is optimized for the hardware included in a console, for a fraction of that $600 you assume people have to drop. Sorry if you don't sell me there.

A retarded dumb ass moron can come off with a better excuse. Read above. That excuse doesn't hold. People already are in their second ring of death and in their third console. That sums up more than 1,000 dollars.

People don't know how to invest because they are dimwitted and shortsighted. They can't fathom the elementary of investment and research. They are just lame potato couch unable to browse the internet for a modicum computer.

You are trying to troll with lame arguments for the sake of trolling. At least try to work better on your answers.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Again, you seem to think people have to "match" your dedication to a game or system. Sorry, games don't run my life. My work, family, and life do. Games are something that I use to relax after a 12 hour drag shift. I don't want to be so invested in something I, and many, of us use to relax. This is the bane of having gaming hit mainstream, people who take the games TOO seriously and then shit on the rest of us.

Casuals like you are not interested on quality. Hence you should not be interested in my arguments. However you spent time diluding your hypocritical stance in here. Sorry, but that doesn't add up. You are baiting or trolling foolishly with red herring arguments.

You see, sorry if I'm a bit rude but if you are a casual you simply step aside and let others continue their conversations on video games. If you are not interested in quality, you have every right to do so. However you came off trotting and straddling hypocritically in this conversation pretending as if you once cared for video games.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Just a chunk of generalized computer elistist mantra here.

The truth hurts. Deal with it.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

If this group is so talented you should support them and encourage them to make the game as good as they possibly can

Dumbo, I'm here for a reason. If I were not interested in their talent then why I'm busy giving a fuck about their decisions_

Try to realize this, I don't enjoy watching sellout cunts dropping their game for brain dead morons. Do you know why_ Because that truncates the quality of the business, the gaming industry and the game itself.

You see, we gamers care for the game. We want the game to be the best and afterwards delimit the plans for the ports. However the game should be a timed exclusive for PC first. Built up the reputation there and then port to the consoles.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

as opposed to limiting it to a very smaller market just so you can claim a victory for PC's.

Trolling.

The business market of PC is much wider than the console market.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

However does putting this game on a console mean its shit_

On a 720 and Ps4 of course not.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

No it means your trying to reach a larger market of people.

More trolling.

Look Unreal III their community and the later port to the PS3 and 360. That was the natural process.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Ignoring the obvious compatibility issues of differing hardware, like chipset compatibility, motherboard to memory compatibility, video card capability and ensuring adequate power supply,building a computer is by far an easy task. Let alone one that most people working full time have the time and resources, you still assume people have that kind of cash laying around, to complete.

Another trolling argument.

Go buy assembled systems. Is it hard to use the brain_ Is it_

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Dismissing all console gamers will destroy the gaming industry.

Are you special_

You don't dismiss the consoles. You launch when the consoles are with the standards of your games. The PS3 and the 360 are weak consoles. Designing for them is playing back to the future with six years old hardwares.

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Sorry but the mainstream acceptance of gaming as a leisure activity is a direct result of consoles. If you want this game to succeed you should encourage them to branch out to consoles ensuring at least a larger market for their wares to continue to produce very good video games which is what we all want. I can deal with lesser graphics for a fairer price point.

Wrong.

You first perform on PC and then optimize the game for the consoles like the PS4 and 720. Two more years doesn't hurt anybody. Console peasants must learn to wait. They have lots of gimped games to be entertained. They don't need this one.  

TheDubstepDisciple said:

I'm not sorry if your blunt cause I will be. This industry is built on consoles. If you want this game limited to computers, so be it.

Are you trying to piss me off with these imbecile arguments written on purpose_ Really, why you try so hard writing words you don't believe_

http://adrianwerner....com/2011-games/

TheDubstepDisciple said:

But it will not enjoy the success it COULD on consoles. Which means less money for the devs, less incentive to make more games. Which is something none of us want.

Porting on consoles could happen later. You don't need to make dumb your initial idea porting to the weak 360 off the bat. Doing that is just shooting yourself in the foot for the wrong reassons. In order to sell you need to built up a Rep. They need to prove themselves on PC and later on convince publishers to finance their job.

Simple.

#31 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 18 2011 - 03:23 AM

Since when are console players not interested in quality_
I love good quality gameplay and story very much and it's what I look for in a game.
Hawkens gameplay looks solid and I have a feeling the developers could make a good backstory and turn this into an epic franchise which console and PC players can experience.
(/^▽^)/

#32 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 05:44 AM

Varaka said:

Since when are console players not interested in quality_.

Since you purchased your console expecting unrealistic performance.

#33 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted July 18 2011 - 10:42 AM

Don't mind him, Varaka.
He seems to have a beef with consoles in general.  :lol:

#34 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 18 2011 - 01:31 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

Since when are console players not interested in quality_.

Since you purchased your console expecting unrealistic performance.

Im looking through Hawkens gameplay and I see nothing besides a slight graphical downgrade.
The game seems like a good quality experience.
(/^▽^)/

#35 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 01:40 PM

Varaka said:

Im looking through Hawkens gameplay and I see nothing besides a slight graphical downgrade.

Good luck putting this quality on an old hardware that dates fives years old. (360)

http://media.pcgamer... ... kpit-2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-03.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-01.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-02.jpg

#36 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 18 2011 - 01:57 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

Good luck putting this quality on an old hardware that dates fives years old. (360)

http://media.pcgamer... ... kpit-2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-03.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-01.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-02.jpg

they could do a graphics downgrade for consoles.
(/^▽^)/

#37 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 02:15 PM

Varaka said:

Thank you. You proved my point.

#38 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 18 2011 - 09:35 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

How is that a problem_
(/^▽^)/

#39 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 19 2011 - 12:42 AM

Varaka said:

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

How is that a problem_

Progress.

Adhesive games can do whatever they want with their IP. However what we get will be a filtered quality of their game due to the consoles.

The market is on the consoles. It's cheaper to produce, more convenient and better for the economy. But the love of art, the game and the mechanics becomes secondary.

#40 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 19 2011 - 06:55 PM

After that little prayer to the PC gods with a foolish disregard for the effects of capitalism I'm suddenly very disengaged.

Good day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users