HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Any love for Xbox / Ps3_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

#61 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 11 2011 - 08:31 AM

K0rN b4LL said:

Maybe but any time they just port over a PC game to console you can feel in the controls that it was a PC games and doesn't really handle well with a controller. (Duke Nukem Forever is the most recent example that I can think of)  I hope they take a bit of time (whether its before release or after the PC version I don't really care) to make the controls for the console version fit the controller style better.

They have been testing with controllers as well but hopefully they will make the game more controller suitable.
(/^▽^)/

#62 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 11 2011 - 07:56 PM

I wold love to not see the game on the current consoles at all.

^^.

Maybe on the next generation of consoles this could surely be a great hit.

#63 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted December 11 2011 - 08:09 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

I wold love to not see the game on the current consoles at all.

^^.

Maybe on the next generation of consoles this could surely be a great hit.

This about sums up my personal feelings.
Naraklok

#64 lunithy

lunithy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 14 2011 - 06:27 PM

Far-out you guy's you sure are a negative lot  :shock: I really think all this talk about console making PC games bad is plan crap :lol: .
Have you all forgotten how to have fun ......play a game .....
Back in the day I had a Commodore Vic 20 then a 64 and then a 128 couldn't stand the PC 286 or 386 as my Amiga with a mere 7.5mhz cpu 512 k ram could out compute both PC,s easily but I still used them.

(OH and back in the day all the PC people tried to label the Amiga a console :lol:  :lol: )
Dell used Amiga's to train there technicians how to fix there hardware as it was the only machines available at the time capable of doing the animations under say $20.000 and allot cheaper than an apple :ugeek: .
I currently own allot of different PC,s and consoles and after 30+ years of gaming one thing has stood out from all the rest console gaming is far ahead of the PC gaming world in regards to get in there and play it! NOW! not after a world of learning tweaking and sorting of problems don,t get me entirely wrong I do enjoy fiddling with my big rig  :oops:
Posted Image
Also back in the day all of my gaming friends kids and adults flight simmers and bobble bobble heads wonted some form of control that had a degree of variability in there input!!!!!! FARK the tears and screams from so many frustrated games tapping away at there k boards ... eventually we got controllers that were analog or apparently they were  :lol: and now days we have so much to chose from and it seems allot of people want to go backwards.
Anyway I,m sure this little rant of mine will annoy some people and others will derive pleasure from pointing out punctuation and spelling or factual errors  :P  so flame away I,m of to play Sky-rim on STEAM! and then some Starhawk beta.
i7-2600K G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2) DDR3 2133 Gigabyte GTX680OC Patriot WILDFIRE 120GB SATA3 SSD

#65 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 14 2011 - 07:01 PM

lunithy said:

Posted Image

So much black... Looks awesome! (inb4 some person pointing out it's not liquid helium cooled with 3 TB of memory and a 32 core processor plus 8 video cards and that I'm an idiot for thinking that's cool)
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#66 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 15 2011 - 09:08 PM

lunithy said:

Far-out you guy's you sure are a negative lot  :shock: I really think all this talk about console making PC games bad is plan crap

Sorry but that's plain bullshit. Thanks to the motherfucking consoles we are getting gimped games for brain dead baboons. Games are low profile in everything. How can you have fun with gimped games_ We want to see a great game not a nerfed game thanks to the fucking museum box 360.

Seriously the current consoles can FUCK OFF. We had enough of that shit already.

#67 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted December 16 2011 - 04:43 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Seriously the current consoles can FUCK OFF. We had enough of that shit already.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Naraklok

#68 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 17 2011 - 04:12 PM

Naraklok said:

Mech Mechanic said:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Well you could have put more thought into it, maybe you could be kinder, maybe you couldnt have such horrific hate for something that doesnt affect him_

Just a thought :)
(/^▽^)/

#69 lunithy

lunithy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 18 2011 - 04:08 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

lunithy said:

Far-out you guy's you sure are a negative lot  :shock: I really think all this talk about console making PC games bad is plan crap

Sorry but that's plain bullshit. Thanks to the motherfucking consoles we are getting gimped games for brain dead baboons. Games are low profile in everything. How can you have fun with gimped games_ We want to see a great game not a nerfed game thanks to the fucking museum box 360.

:roll:  :lol:  See there if you actually thought that statement through you would realize that actual fact you are very wrong, how many PC games or programs need to be written to cater for older chip-sets or cards........
i7-2600K G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8G (4Gx2) DDR3 2133 Gigabyte GTX680OC Patriot WILDFIRE 120GB SATA3 SSD

#70 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 19 2011 - 11:32 AM

[quote name="lunithy"][/quote]ow many PC games or programs need to be written to cater for older chip-sets or cards........[/quote]

Thank you.

It's quite dumb to program a game for seven years old hardware like the 360 and six years old PS3. It sadly cut up your production in half.

#71 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted December 19 2011 - 06:04 PM

cough cough...look at the PC version of Rage and the quality of it's textures due to console limitations...cough cough!!
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#72 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 20 2011 - 05:37 AM

Lord_Porksword said:

cough cough...look at the PC version of Rage and the quality of it's textures due to console limitations...cough cough!!

Oh please, don't get me started with this again. You could bait better than this.

The dumb ass of Carmak developed the game for those motherfucking consoles, to boot he bitched about the low Ram and old software on them when the game made poor sales. That's why the game got gimped to no end. The PC got the shortest straw for a reason. You can't do much when you develop for the lowest common denominator.

#73 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 07:54 AM

You hate consoles... we get it.

#74 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 22 2011 - 05:43 PM

Ignoring the (heavily repeated and reworded) arguments that Mech uses, the concept of holding off on developing for the current console generation and waiting for the next generation for a game already in development is really flawed in itself. If you are already working on a project (and it will be finished before the next gen tech is ready), you develop for the current tech (I mean current consoles, not current hardware, shush). Otherwise no one would make anything because we'd all be continuously waiting for the next generation of technology.

Here's an example: Say that in 10 years, fully-electric cars will be completely perfected. (The next console generation is not that far off, but just work with me) By that argument, all car manufactures should stop producing cars and wait the ten years for electric cars to be finished. All during that time no one could buy a new car, no matter how much they needed one. Sure, you could still buy a motorcycle/PC, but you may not like motorcycles/PCs or know how to drive them/play games on a computer (or suck at doing so). So either everyone keeps driving their old cars/playing their old games, or they switch to driving a motorcycle/playing on a PC. Meanwhile, the car manufactures are not making any money because they aren't producing any cars/console games. Maybe they also produce motorcycles/PC games, but since they are nowhere near as popular as cars/console games (face it, they aren't), they are going to lose a lot of income either way. So either they die or they switch to producing motorcycles/games for PC only. Even when the 10 years have passed, not many will still want to get a car/console, and no companies will be making them.

So, implying that holding off on console development until the next generation of consoles come out is a valid system for resolving whatever issue consoles have that's currently being brought up isn't a real solution. Develop for the platforms we have now, not wait for unknown future platforms.

I'm going to preemptively answer an argument that will be made against this, that only the good games should be held back and let the other ones be made. That argument isn't valid either. In my example, that would be like saying people can still buy cheap knock-off cars. Yes, some may still buy them, but they aren't a real option... The only exception would be if the game's whole purpose was to show off cool new technology, and that's not what Hawken is about (The devs have already said that they are not going for this, and I don't care who you are but you can't say they are wrong, because it's their project and they set what the focus is on.)

What about applying this only to Hawken_ Replace "good games" with "games I personally like and want to come out perfect" in the paragraph up above.

tl;dr Holding off on a console version until the next generation of consoles come will not avoid any issues with the current consoles. Instead, it just won't be made.
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#75 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 09:37 PM

I can't wait until Adhesive postpones Hawken's release till 2014!

It's a brilliant plan. Then we can happily wait another 6 years for the sequel on PS5.

#76 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 23 2011 - 02:04 PM

Ashfire908 said:

Ignoring the (heavily repeated and reworded) arguments that Mech uses

Ignoring the heavily repeated and reworded arguments that Ashfire uses...

Ashfire908 said:

the concept of holding off on developing for the current console generation and waiting for the next generation for a game already in development is really flawed in itself.

Well, I prefer a release on PC and later on a release on the next generation consoles. The console peasants can wait. We don't need gimped games because of those cheap ass console peasants who still want their games for the Museum Box 360 and the old PS3.

The game is already in development for PC not for those motherfucking consoles. For all that I care those consoles can fuck off, period. I don't want to see this game turned into shit thanks to seven years old weak hardware.

Ashfire908 said:

If you are already working on a project (and it will be finished before the next gen tech is ready), you develop for the current tech (I mean current consoles, not current hardware, shush).

No console peasant, you develop the project for the best capable platform, this case the PC and then adapt the game to the consoles. I don't want to see a game turned into shit because the developers were unable to put everything they wanted due to the limited hardware inside the old SKUs.

Ashfire908 said:

Here's an example: Say that in 10 years, fully-electric cars will be completely perfected. (The next console generation is not that far off, but just work with me) By that argument, all car manufactures should stop producing cars and wait the ten years for electric cars to be finished.

You develop your game as it is planned. You don't downgrade the game just to satisfy the weak museum box 360.

Ashfire908 said:

So either everyone keeps driving their old cars/playing their old games, or they switch to driving a motorcycle/playing on a PC. Meanwhile, the car manufactures are not making any money because they aren't producing any cars/console games.

That's a crock of shit. You develop the game on PC and realize the full potential of it on PC. You put emphasis on one version not on three versions. Instead your team should be focused releasing the game for one platform and then test, optimize and adjust the game for the old console.

Why_ Your fucking consoles are already seven years old. You don't design games for the past, you design games with the current technology. That technology is PC.

Ashfire908 said:

Develop for the platforms we have now, not wait for unknown future platforms.

When console peasants like you will learn to wait_ You will thank us later on playing an incredible mech game instead of a deluded game for old consoles. We already are at the verge of generational switch. Why not wait one more year.

Ashfire908 said:

What about applying this only to Hawken_ Replace "good games" with "games I personally like and want to come out perfect" in the paragraph up above.

Your dumb example doesn't apply to Hawken. You develop a game for one platform, your team is small, they should put effort on one version instead of making a piece of shit thanks to the deluded energies spent on porting and gimping the game.

Ashfire908 said:

Holding off on a console version until the next generation of consoles come will not avoid any issues with the current consoles. Instead, it just won't be made.

Makes more sense to hold a little bit and realize a full game with all the features on all the next generation consoles. Just learn to wait, console peasant.

#77 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 23 2011 - 02:07 PM

Ahh... irony.. That or developing a game for the PC and later on to adapt it to whatever it may be coming on the consoles scene. Anyway, it's being time for a new generation of consoles; that's a fact. Hope it does not negatively affect to the Haken game's release.

BTW, Happy Holidays to all! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#78 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 23 2011 - 02:10 PM

The_Silencer said:

Ahh... irony.. That or developing a game for the PC and later on to adapt it to whatever it may be coming on the consoles scene. Anyway, it's being time for a new generation of consoles; that's a fact. Hope it does not negatively affect to the Haken game's release.

BTW, Happy Holidays to all! :)

Irony_ No. We want a great game. We don't want another POS thanks to those weak consoles. I prefer to wait a bit more for a great game on all the next generation consoles.

I do agree, it's being time for a new generation of consoles.

#79 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 23 2011 - 03:18 PM

The only thing I can bring myself to write in response right now that isn't a 10 page rant at your idiocy is that SKU does not mean what you think it means. It's the ID given to a product that's going to be sold. The latest SKU for either console would be at most as old as the last revision of the console.

#80 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 23 2011 - 03:36 PM

@Mech why should us console players have to wait for this amazing looking game while you don't give me one good reason why.
(/^▽^)/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users