HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Viewing the map ingame with the [M] key without full-stop

Beta

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 IguanaMGT

IguanaMGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted December 03 2012 - 06:13 AM

My suggestion is to change the behaviour of the map invoked with [M] key during the match. Add some multitasking to our mechs. :)

Now it is not possible to take a quick look at the map in the middle of the match while walking. When [M] is pressed, all other pressed keys are ignored, the map is displayed and the mech goes to full-stop.

I suggest you make it possible to carry on whatever the mech/player was doing when the [M] is pressed aditionally to other already pressed keys (like [W] for example). Map should be displayed overlayed over the HUD like now, but mech should continue to function according to other keys which were already pressed in the moment [M] was pressed.

That way we could take a quick look at the map during the long walk phase, or even during the boosting or hovering if someone likes.

#2 focr_brh

focr_brh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 06:25 AM

It will turn the item "map" useless but perhaps the game will turn more faster.

#3 IguanaMGT

IguanaMGT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted December 03 2012 - 11:27 AM

Item "map"__ Never heard of it! Tell us more! :)

#4 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 03 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think focr_brh means the remote radar item, which you can drop on the map and it acts like a relay to your radar and warns your team when enemies are detected near it.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#5 focr_brh

focr_brh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:53 AM

View PostElix, on December 03 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

I think focr_brh means the remote radar item, which you can drop on the map and it acts like a relay to your radar and warns your team when enemies are detected near it.

Exactly! Just a wrong word. :)

#6 Bea5t

Bea5t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:17 AM

+1 for the multitask map

I don't get why the radar is useless then_ It shows enemy movement close to the device, the map does not show enemy movement, it only shows your allies. Maybe, but of that I'm not sure, it shows enemies, that are in the line of sight of your allies and your radar devices. Still, radar detects your enemies even if they are moving slowly, so that is the advance you get from using the device.

Edited by Bea5t, December 04 2012 - 06:22 AM.

#7 Amalilakab

Amalilakab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 07:21 PM

Agreed, when joining a game already in progress I want to waste as little time as possible and since I don't have any clue where my team is, I have to take a brief moment to look at my map, find my team mates (which I feel is tedious as far as game maps go), and then get out and move. It may only be about 5-8 seconds of time, but that is enough time that I could have helped a team mate out.

If it is denied or not input, I would at least like to understand the reasoning (as I assume there is a valid reason for it whether I agree with it or not).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users