HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Updates/News/Announcements

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#61 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted August 30 2011 - 02:37 PM

Desert Gameplay Video, with Landmark Challenge photos at the end!

Full PC Gamer PAX panel with desert video at the very end.

#62 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted August 30 2011 - 10:47 PM

Thanking you muchly Sir!!  :mrgreen:

EDIT:  LOLz at seeing the Battleship turrents hammer the opponent mechs!
I gather that with the red bar these turrents have a life so they can be damaged to stop them from firing_  Was that also a life meter for the ship itself_
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#63 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 31 2011 - 02:31 PM

GameTrailers.com has uploaded the latest two trailers onto their website! I'm interested in reading the feedback in the comment section. I recall a member on this board was asking for downloadable files of these videos, doesn't Game Trailers offer downloadable MP4 files_

#64 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 05:29 AM

Meh, nice vids...anyway..

When you guys are going to release this shit_ ....:P

I want to play it.

#65 Crow

Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted September 01 2011 - 10:16 AM

Haha, Art Director Khang Lee said that "this shit" will be released when its done. Aka, somewhere around early 2012.

#66 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted September 02 2011 - 04:15 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Damn already_!_ The game isn't even out yet and the vultures are already circiling.  :lol:

#67 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 19 2011 - 06:06 AM

These are very exciting news, indeed!!. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#68 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 02 2011 - 09:11 AM

How goes the progress_

#69 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted November 29 2011 - 07:10 PM

My 360 has been waiting for a mech game to download for sooooo long. Can we please get another little trailer or at least something :( _
(/^▽^)/

#70 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 05:24 AM

Varaka said:

My 360 has been waiting for a mech game to download for sooooo long. Can we please get another little trailer or at least something :( _

Of course this is not for you so don't take it personal.

Sorry if I'm "rude" but I don't want the game turned into rubbish thanks to that motherfucking piece of shit of the 360. I had enough of fucked up games thanks to those cheap ass console peasants who wants deranged, degenerated and simplistic games on their plug and play consoles. Looks like they get easily entertained with cheaply developed games.

Sorry but that has to stop. I don't mind if this goes to the consoles later but we want to see it on PC first and then port properly with more time on the next project ten or next 720 xbox and the PS4 and maybe the WiiU. I'm tired seeing great titles being thrown to the lions as if they where a juicy feast of Catholics thrown in a Rome Coliseum. That heresy must stop. We had enough martyrs already thrown away for the sake of plain survival business.

We have to look at quality and stop wasting times on those motherfucking consoles. Enough of the Museum box 360 and PS3!

Rant/

ROFL...

Ah, feel much bettah. Had to take that thorn out of my heart...

#71 JRock3x8

JRock3x8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 06:24 AM

Mech Mechanic, you're in the wrong forum, buddy.

The game you're looking for is being made at mwomercs.com

This game is exactly what you despise.

Didn't you read any of the developer interviews_  They're making Call of Duty with mechs.

#72 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted December 06 2011 - 03:06 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Varaka said:

Of course this is not for you so don't take it personal.

Sorry if I'm "rude" but I don't want the game turned into rubbish thanks to that motherfucking piece of shit of the 360. I had enough of fucked up games thanks to those cheap ass console peasants who wants deranged, degenerated and simplistic games on their plug and play consoles. Looks like they get easily entertained with cheaply developed games.

Sorry but that has to stop. I don't mind if this goes to the consoles later but we want to see it on PC first and then port properly with more time on the next project ten or next 720 xbox and the PS4 and maybe the WiiU. I'm tired seeing great titles being thrown to the lions as if they where a juicy feast of Catholics thrown in a Rome Coliseum. That heresy must stop. We had enough martyrs already thrown away for the sake of plain survival business.

We have to look at quality and stop wasting times on those motherfucking consoles. Enough of the Museum box 360 and PS3!

Rant/

ROFL...

Ah, feel much bettah. Had to take that thorn out of my heart...

Calm down buddy porting a game toa console is not gonna ruin the game.

Also that interview made me worry a bit but I'm still hoping it will come out so I can put it in my museum.
(/^▽^)/

#73 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 08:21 PM

Graphics that can only be achieved by today's high-end PCs will not be what would make Hawken awesome...  gameplay, story, and visuals together are what make a solid game.  Heck, the game I consider to be the best game ever made was released in 1998...  

Console limitations won't affect gameplay, and honestly, developers are getting really creative with UE3 on consoles to the point where graphics don't have to suffer as much as people think.

On a separate note, this discussion doesn't really belong in this thread so I apologize for fueling the fire! :/

#74 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 07 2011 - 05:00 AM

hitmonInfinity said:

Graphics that can only be achieved by today's high-end PCs will not be what would make Hawken awesome...  gameplay, story, and visuals together are what make a solid game.

Yes for that you need new hardware, better graphic card and more Ram. Any game depends on good graphics but we don't need to replay Tetris again on the old museum box 360.

hitmonInfinity said:

Console limitations won't affect gameplay, and honestly, developers are getting really creative with UE3 on consoles to the point where graphics don't have to suffer as much as people think.

False, console limitations affected the game play of Witcher 2, Crysis II, Rage, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II among other games.

#75 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 07 2011 - 05:13 AM

JRock3x8 said:

The game you're looking for is being made at mwomercs.com

I'm aware of that, obviously. But it is a mech game for the classical mech player. That's one of my interest.

Besides, this is far from being a CoD clone. It's a good light weight mech power armor battle with the Unreal 3 Pizzazz. We all are aware of the Samaritan demo and what the new unreal engine is capable off.

However consoles are going to truncate this amazing game if they get in the middle first. Any wise developer provides and focus their team on one sole version, PC. Then and only then they could get busy propping out green quid with the console peasants.

The code is already perfected and adapted to each console specification without sacrificing the game itself. This game begs for a true development and a sequel. Another development house could purchase the product and the team giving them more personnel, software, hardware and equipment for further development in this IP.

#76 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted December 07 2011 - 08:02 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

hitmonInfinity said:

Graphics that can only be achieved by today's high-end PCs will not be what would make Hawken awesome...  gameplay, story, and visuals together are what make a solid game.

Yes for that you need new hardware, better graphic card and more Ram. Any game depends on good graphics but we don't need to replay Tetris again on the old museum box 360.

hitmonInfinity said:

False, console limitations affected the game play of Witcher 2, Crysis II, Rage, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age II among other games.

Also, pigs fly.

#77 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted December 07 2011 - 10:53 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

Besides, this is far from being a CoD clone. It's a good light weight mech power armor battle with the Unreal 3 Pizzazz. We all are aware of the Samaritan demo and what the new unreal engine is capable off.
If it is a FPS clone I would rather relate it to UT more then CoD from what we seen. UT3 was struck by a horrible case of consolitis though (together with a crappy release forced by the publisher that totally killed the game). Fast FPS need to have PC in focus. If not the whole idea of it fails.

#78 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted December 08 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hey guys, the thread is starting to get a little cluttered with all this talk about platforms. Let's stick to the topic and keep any other discussions in their appropriate threads. Muchas gracias. :)

#79 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 09 2011 - 12:40 PM

That's Spanish, amigo! :D

Looking forward to the upcoming news on the game! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#80 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 07:12 AM

lavalamp1138 said:

Hey guys, the thread is starting to get a little cluttered with all this talk about platforms. Let's stick to the topic and keep any other discussions in their appropriate threads.

I would love to not have this thread cluttered with the piece of shit of the 360...^^.

lol.

Release it for PC and that would be the best news you need to give. The console port will follow naturally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users