HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hellfires on Bruiser = game design anti-pattern_

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted December 09 2012 - 08:25 AM

View Posth0B0, on December 09 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

TF2 seems unresponsive tapping the mouse either stops the spin or it keeps shooting.

More like the gatling gun in Return to castle wolfenstein.

Or possibly firefall ( i don't know i havent tried it but judging from this /watch_v=nnzJTBa4cwc ).

Edit: maybe its my mouse or my pc causing issues if someone who has tried it i would appreciate a second perspective

I'm not familiar with the technique in either of the two latter titles. But sorry I should have been more specific with TF2. If you hold down right click it keeps the gun running but not firing so its ready to fire before cornering. Obviously right click is used for the hellfire missiles in this case so I thought you might be suggesting that tapping left click could get the gun spinning and warmed up.
Posted Image

#22 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:07 AM

View PostTazzGo, on December 09 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Posth0B0, on December 09 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

TF2 seems unresponsive tapping the mouse either stops the spin or it keeps shooting.

More like the gatling gun in Return to castle wolfenstein.

Or possibly firefall ( i don't know i havent tried it but judging from this /watch_v=nnzJTBa4cwc ).

Edit: maybe its my mouse or my pc causing issues if someone who has tried it i would appreciate a second perspective

I'm not familiar with the technique in either of the two latter titles. But sorry I should have been more specific with TF2. If you hold down right click it keeps the gun running but not firing so its ready to fire before cornering. Obviously right click is used for the hellfire missiles in this case so I thought you might be suggesting that tapping left click could get the gun spinning and warmed up.

Oh i see. makes sense.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#23 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:21 AM

That could be a way to make it a lot better when it comes to be caught in close quarters, but to balance it a tad I'd suggest making the noise while its spinning quite loud so that the other team has some warning you're just around the corner. So whilst you gain a quick response time, you lose the element of surprise.
Posted Image

#24 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostTazzGo, on December 09 2012 - 09:21 AM, said:

That could be a way to make it a lot better when it comes to be caught in close quarters, but to balance it a tad I'd suggest making the noise while its spinning quite loud so that the other team has some warning you're just around the corner. So whilst you gain a quick response time, you lose the element of surprise.

http://penny-arcade....ncing-for-skill

most guns are pretty damn loud as it is ( i am looking at you heat).

Considering most people think it needs some form of a buff i think it might be good to take that into consideration.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#25 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted December 09 2012 - 10:16 AM

View Posth0B0, on December 09 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

http://penny-arcade....ncing-for-skill

most guns are pretty damn loud as it is ( i am looking at you heat).

Considering most people think it needs some form of a buff i think it might be good to take that into consideration.

Man I love penny arcade, But the noise this time would be for winding up the weapon and not firing it, winding it up atm doesn't create a whole lot of noise as far as I recall. And if Bruisers could go into CQC constantly ready to fire the vulcan, I'm not sure many would survive very long
Posted Image

#26 145154151164145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 01:23 PM

View PostTazzGo, on December 09 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Posth0B0, on December 08 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

View Post145154151164145, on December 08 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

vulcan can kill at suprising ranges if you pulse fire it. Its spread increase rate is pretty slow and with the spin up time, it becomes possible to use it decently at mid ranges

This reminds me of something.

The vulcan has a spin up time, but tapping the mouse does nothing to reduce the spin up time.

Is this intentional.
Is this wanted by the community_

Do you mean to reduce the spin up time or to be able to keep it spinning a la TF2_

More like the firestorm cannon from old Turok 2, where it slowly spins down and will begin to fire quickly if the tigger is tapped, but will have to spin up again if you let off to long, but not as if you had the barrels at a complete stand still.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users