HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cinematic Open Beta Launch Trailer Revealed

Announcement Beta Game News Video

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Stealth_303

Stealth_303

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:02 AM

Mortal Kombat voice "Impressive"
Posted Image

#22 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 09 2012 - 10:54 AM

Yeah, definitely one cool trailer! :D

Edit: Forgot to mention that I loved the music into it as well!

Edited by The_Silencer, December 09 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#23 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted December 10 2012 - 07:28 AM

Kudos. The breakdown of the mechs was pretty cool.
Posted Image

#24 GatNic3

GatNic3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 10 2012 - 09:38 AM

Whoever ur sfx crew is, they're beast!!  Anytime a cinema gets the adrenaline pumping is a win!  Holy fuzzy-buzzy!  Super high-speed cam was on point--damn can we get that kinda kill shot in game!_  Only thing missing was an OP-filtrator or Rocketeer blazing into view from a blindspot and erasing both mechs from existence~kinda how we do it in game.  ~_^  Excellent clip tho!
-The Oracle: AMD FX-8350 @4.4Ghz 1.404v
  12GB DDr3 1600 8-8-8-25-34 1T/890FX SB/2x RADEON HD5770
  Win 7x64 SP1/WD Raptor 150GB SATA HDD/1.5TB 7200rpm SATA HDD  
  Logitech Gaming Class M/KB

#25 BLTasty

BLTasty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmall Town next to a REALLY big city

Posted December 10 2012 - 12:54 PM

Loved the clip. Give your team some props for that one. I bet it took a lot of work to add that detail in.

#26 lolumadbr0

lolumadbr0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationon a couch in my house

Posted December 10 2012 - 10:55 PM

sweet jeeezus... LET THE FAPPING COMMENCE :D
0===[}::::::::::::::::::::>    look at my sword. my sword is amazing

#27 SOULTRAIN

SOULTRAIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted December 10 2012 - 11:49 PM

I can say this is the first time I’ve seen a CGI trailer that actuality dont mot looks as good as the real Game play. I know what your are trying to do. Your are trying to show the customization but you'ed probably only pick up on it if you've played. You should of use actual game footage it looks better that this clip does. Nice job in all but the original game footage you used to start blew me away this was just entertaining.

#28 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 10:51 AM

View PostSOULTRAIN, on December 10 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

I can say this is the first time I’ve seen a CGI trailer that actuality dont mot looks as good as the real Game play.

Everything in the trailer was actually rendered "in-game." Obviously the gun/foot/thruster internals were made just for the trailer, but the entire thing was done in the engine. The only thing that wasn't real-time was some additional compositing/post processing. With that being said... it's nice to know that people can't tell the difference! :D

#29 Raygin

Raygin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 12:25 PM

Kick ass.
So I will stand here with my shoulders square and tall,                                     Oh god...
and when the whistle blows, I'll falter,                                                                Oh god!
but when the crash comes I will fall.                                                                   Here comes the arm.
With so much steam and steel behind it,
I won't slow it down at all.

#30 Flechone

Flechone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 02:49 PM

Это будет зрелищная игра! :lol:

#31 kadath001

kadath001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 11 2012 - 07:58 PM

16 hours left !!

#32 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 12:28 AM

I liked the new and the old trailers, but the older trailers had more of an impact on me. I believe what makes the older trailers more appealing is the excellent music(sets the mood) and the cinematography(actual gameplay, but from a third person perspective).

The other aspect is the older trailers told a story. The first of the posted old trailers start with displaying the landscapes while the music creates a sense of wonder. The viewer wonders what is Hawken_ The next phase shows mechs just moving about the environment. At this point the viewer knows what type of game Hawken is, but doesn't know how the game will play. The rest of the trailer shows the combat with the inclusion of some close up shots to show off the detail of the game. The trailer is very kinetic.

The second old trailer employed similar use with music, but instead of capturing awe the tone was sadness and isolation/desperation. This theme is seen with the inclusion of a single mech moving about the screen and later being under attack by multiple mechs.

The Open Beta Trailer doesn't have a story. Two mechs just fight and the trailer just ends. What the trailer does do well is show off the engine, but doesn't capture any mood. Part of the problem is the music though. The old trailers had wonderful orchestral like sounds(often muted weapon sounds) and the newest trailer instead has dubstep like beats. Also compared to the older trailers there isn't much movement of the mechs they basically charge each other. Visually the trailer looked great, but there was no emotional impact like the previous trailers.

I really hope that the music present in game is orchestral instead of the dubstep.

#33 KungfuDojo

KungfuDojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 02:24 AM

I agree with hobo. Something along the line of that:
might have been more fitting. An endless duell to death between 2 pilots and maybe even mix it with comic art. Then again don't spend more ressources on stuff like that than on the actual agme.

Edited by KungfuDojo, December 12 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#34 ANTAG

ANTAG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarsaw Indiana

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:07 AM

its getting exciting one hour to go  doesn't get any better than this :lol:

#35 RazerPL

RazerPL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:33 AM

I have to agree with h0B0 and Analysis. Previous trailers had way better atmosphere. The first trailer looked like it was promising something else, and actual game delivered something different. That new launch trailer is kinda poor but i have to admit that it shows how the game feels. Personally I love the art style and graphical design of Hawken a lot more then i like playing it. But it's just me :)

#36 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:33 AM

View PostANTAG, on December 12 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Actually, little less than four hours to go. :)
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#37 BLTasty

BLTasty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationSmall Town next to a REALLY big city

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostScapes, on December 12 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

View PostANTAG, on December 12 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

Actually, little less than four hours to go. :)

Posted Image

R Excited.

#38 Frenotx

Frenotx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • LocationConway, AR

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:00 PM

Very cool. Seeing the exploded views of various parts makes me think the game will have a lot of customization though, and it seems that almost all of the customization has been stripped from the game. :'(
Your friendly otter-fox hybrid abomination about town.

To pronounce my name correctly, just pretend the 't' isn't there. You can also think of it as "Freno - [sodacan opening sound]"

#39 SOULTRAIN

SOULTRAIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostCameronKerby, on December 11 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

View PostSOULTRAIN, on December 10 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

I can say this is the first time I’ve seen a CGI trailer that actuality dont mot looks as good as the real Game play.

Everything in the trailer was actually rendered "in-game." Obviously the gun/foot/thruster internals were made just for the trailer, but the entire thing was done in the engine. The only thing that wasn't real-time was some additional compositing/post processing. With that being said... it's nice to know that people can't tell the difference! :D

WOW realy, I stand corected but somthing just does not look right to me was it renederd difrent it looks smoother_ I dont know, in game on my pc just looks better.

#40 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted December 13 2012 - 04:29 AM

Sorry but I have to agree with Spiderz, the OB trailer is completely underwhelming, my initial thoughts were "what was that__...is that it____"

To date this is still my favourite trailer and the one that got me hook, line & sinker onto Hawken.

The two older trailers hobo posted are also leagues ahead of this new trailer in actually making you feel something for the game rather than a momentary "that was neat" when they explode out the machinery workings.

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, December 13 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Game, News, Video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users