HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Thread is dead.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Leaders

Leaders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted December 09 2012 - 09:59 PM

As somone who wishes to emerge into this game and attempt to participate in a competitive scene I pledge my support to the cause.

+1

So far that I've seen Meteor has been rather good at listening to the playerbase, they may not be perfect but given what I've seen countless other developers do they are on the better scale. If enough people actually ask for features like this and a competitive scene emerges it can only help the progression of the game, hopefully they will realize this.

#22 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 10 2012 - 04:35 AM

This thread seems like its full of misunderstanding :(.

I will edit the op more clearly.

Don't be disgusted by meteor they are working hard to provide a quality game we will get our private servers when the devs will be done with the software.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#23 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 10 2012 - 05:09 AM

Can there be a player hosted server though_
Posted Image

#24 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 10 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Posth0B0, on December 10 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

This thread seems like its full of misunderstanding :(.

I will edit the op more clearly.

Don't be disgusted by meteor they are working hard to provide a quality game we will get our private servers when the devs will be done with the software.

View PostEtan, on December 10 2012 - 05:09 AM, said:

Can there be a player hosted server though_

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#25 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 10 2012 - 05:28 AM

Well private servers that a specific from meteor seem different to me then a player being allowed to host one. However if they are one in the same. Okay. Maybe next time.
Posted Image

#26 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 10 2012 - 05:39 AM

It'd be very unusual to be able to reserve "private" slots with Hawken servers. Although, in the short term, it could be possible to spend HC or MP to "rent" a server (or maybe it's a free reservation, I dunno) for the exclusive use of you and your clan for a certain length of time. I'm not sure that'd necessarily be the most effective option, however. I don't know that many people would want to use this feature, anyway.

I can't read minds, but I imagine that if server software was released to the community to deploy for their own servers, there would be some sort of way of password-protecting or otherwise locking down the server (maybe an option to only allow members of the server host's clan to join_). That's a pretty standard and expected feature on games where the server software's out there for people to deploy.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#27 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 10 2012 - 07:04 AM

During the last break between betas i believe caliber created his own server he just was not able to join it. Because they removed the command prompts.
Posted Image

#28 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted December 10 2012 - 09:20 AM

They've disabled connecting to servers through command prompt all together, but you can start your own server (find the exe, open command prompt, enter "hawken-freeshipping-blahblah.exe server mapname" and it starts a server. In closed beta 1 it would even do garbage collection and such. Problem is (as stated above) there is no way to connect to it. I looked at data packets during last beta, and apparently the master server (which I can get the ip of) doesn't authenticate it. I'm guessing the master server only allows internal ip setups at the moment.

There may also be some sort of certification system for it, so it'd have to be a registered system with a registered static IP, but that's all just guesswork. It does say that it's running though.

I've messed with trying to get it working from command line (and actually connecting in game), but it just doesn't let me. I downloaded UDK the other day and will try and open some of the levels if it lets me.  Maybe at least look around the training map changes (since it has a new name for the level and all.)

I haven't been able to get the console commands to work right with it either. If you currently type in "open mapname" the game crashes saying single player isn't supported.

To be honest, with how much I've been trying to break into the maps and servers and such that I haven't been banned XD. If anything, I guess I am checking their system security a little.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/calibermengsk

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

http://bsb-gaming.com

#29 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 10 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'm pretty sure that eventually, down the line, when the devs feel they're ready and able to support it (i.e; after open beta), we'll get them. Simply put, there are plenty of other priorities right now that I feel the devs should tackle.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#30 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 10 2012 - 09:51 AM

i dont see why there cant be an aplication process for this, because if you have to apply for a tournament server for a day seems like it wouldnt be that big a deal. but i am not hte one in charge so oh well.

because bow ties are cool

#31 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 10 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 10 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

i dont see why there cant be an aplication process for this, because if you have to apply for a tournament server for a day seems like it wouldnt be that big a deal. but i am not hte one in charge so oh well.
As I said, the devs have bigger things to focus on right now.

Remember, guys, this is Open Beta. This isn't "Finalized Launch."
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#32 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted December 10 2012 - 10:02 AM

Exactly. Will be just like closed beta, just less downtime, and a ton more people.

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

#33 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 10 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 10 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure they will charge for private servers in the same respect that they will charge for clan support.( source my bad memory )

As for tournaments they will probably host them for free if they desire to hype up the competitive scene

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#34 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 10 2012 - 11:35 AM

my thought was that it would make sence to make a few server spaces for clan tourny hosting and open them up when needed, a group from diferent clans get to gether and ask for the use of these special servers for a day or two to keep from everyone trying to submit for one. if we figure out a good system, then half the work is done for the devs and is cheeper in the long run. that is why open discussion is so valuable these days

because bow ties are cool

#35 CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationNear St. Louis

Posted December 10 2012 - 11:45 AM

They have already confirmed they will be making dedicated servers a thing, quite a while ago. So it will be there eventually (where users set up dedicated servers). If I recall correctly, you'll even be able to configure some things. Such as team health in siege mode (don't remember if this was confirmed or not, but would be nice).

Co-Owner of the BSB.

Join the Brotherhood.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users