HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Meteor server is unreachable

Beta Forum Game Patch Update

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LtMackAttack

LtMackAttack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWandering from battlefield to battlefield

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:08 PM

Topic Title
  • Error Message: The Meteor server is unreachable
Topic Body
  • Summary: I downloaded the new OB patch and was able to edit game options and review the mechs in my garage. While I was adding friends to friend list the game crashed. When I shut down the game and launcher and tried to log back in I received this error message. "The Meteor server is unreachable" and the game crashed again. I've tried to log back in a few more times. Each time receiving the same error message. Please advise what I need to do to correct this.
  • Steps to Reproduce: Log into launcher, enter password, receive message "Logging In: Please Wait", receive message "Syncing Account: Please Wait", final message received: "Syncing Account Failed: The Meteor server is unreachable". Uninstalled Hawken program, reinstalled Hawken program, same error messages as before (last attempt until tomorrow).
  • Frequency: 7 out of 7, starting at 11:00 PM EST to 4:00 AM EST. 8:00 PM PST to 1:00 AM PST.
  • Severity: 5
  • Additional Notes: none
  • System Specs: OS-Win 7 6.1.7601 SP1 i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, RAM-10.5 GB, GPU-GeForce GTX 560 Ti, router-___, and modem-___.  Still getting this error even after the latest patch. I haven't played a single match since OB started over 24 hrs. ago. I would like a response from a Dev on this issue.

Posted Image

Click on my sig to find out what the Wandering Guns are all about.

Interested in hiring me for a match then please send me a PM with the details.

CPU: intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 10GB DDR3  

#2 stigman96

stigman96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:19 PM

Im having the same issue, if anyone could just state if the problem is fixable or do we have to wait for a patch for it to be fix would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#3 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:27 PM

nvm my post was useless

Edited by Phaaze, December 13 2012 - 10:28 PM.

#4 joker7by

joker7by

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:28 PM

The same error, when you change custom settings the robot!

P.S.1. After writing an answer and tried to run the update has gone now know)))

P.S.2. Reinstalled, but the problem remains:
Spoiler

Edited by joker7by, December 14 2012 - 12:42 AM.

#5 uBija

uBija

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:58 AM

same problem here....reinstalled and verified several times....

help :_(

#6 AssasinsH

AssasinsH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 10:26 AM

I have the same problem, and we havent got any answer... :unsure:

#7 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 14 2012 - 10:28 AM

If you're experiencing this problem, please submit a ticket to our Support Team.

https://playhawken.zendesk.com/home
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#8 LtMackAttack

LtMackAttack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • LocationWandering from battlefield to battlefield

Posted December 14 2012 - 02:12 PM

This resolves the issue
  • Using brackets or quotation marks in your mech name will result in a "The Meteor server is unreachable." error message when trying to sync your account. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact Support.

Posted Image

Click on my sig to find out what the Wandering Guns are all about.

Interested in hiring me for a match then please send me a PM with the details.

CPU: intel i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB | RAM: 10GB DDR3  

#9 uBija

uBija

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostLtMackAttack, on December 14 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

This resolves the issue
  • Using brackets or quotation marks in your mech name will result in a "The Meteor server is unreachable." error message when trying to sync your account. If you are experiencing this issue, please contact Support.
thanks for the hint, it worked for me (i used square brackets for the mech's name -.-)....but as you can see in the joker7by posted image, he didn't use any strange punctuation mark...:(

#10 gh0strec0n

gh0strec0n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 03:19 AM

Open These Ports to Run HAWKEN
7777, 7787, and 7797 should enable you to run HAWKEN.

but i don't knw how to open the ports...I'm using ehernet connection lan cable...help mee

#11 Thundercnut

Thundercnut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 02:24 PM

Hi gh0st,

It means you need to open the ports on your router that you use to connect to the internet.

Do this by:

Click start button in wondows and in the search box type 'cmd' without the quotation marks.

Type 'ipconfig' without the quotation marks.

It will come up with a load of numbers and bollocks, find where it says 'Default gateway' and write the number down, usually 192.168.0.1

Go into your internet browser and put the number in the address bar at the top, not the search bar in the window!

Your router home page will open with a log in screen.

Type the router user name and password, (Usually written on the back of the router)

Then you have to find the controls for opening ports, sometimes called port forwarding.

All routers are different but you can find instructions on how to do it for your router on portforward.com

Then just open the ports you need to and you're done!

#12 alli123

alli123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 02:09 AM

i can't login

#13 Tsme

Tsme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 09:21 AM

solved for me: just reset your password to new one, that doesn't have special characters. (use only A-Z a-z 0-9). (under password field of hawken launcher press "forgot password_" - go from there.)

I also forwarded ports 7777-7797 on my router.

those 2 changes worked for me.
-------
update: ^ those 2 solutions were just a coincidence. (although forwarding ports 7777-7797 is a good idea since hawken uses them.)

Check your Internet connection. If its fine and you get this message then its most likely that servers are down. Its the same as when your "hawken launcher" gets stuck at "applying patch".
Go drink some tea and come back to try again, but this time wearing your lucky socks.

As long as game depends on centralized system things like that will continue to happen. The tea was good though.

Edited by Tsme, January 27 2013 - 03:13 PM.

#14 NinjaKid71

NinjaKid71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 10:38 AM

same problem .. but i m not interessted to reconfigure my router ... world of tanks runs from the beginning! so whats the problem by connecting hawken_

Edited by NinjaKid71, January 28 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#15 Noobsaucederp

Noobsaucederp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm having the same issue with the Meteor server being unreachable, I've reset my password and enabled the port forwarding and I'm still getting the error message. Is there someone I can talk to about getting my game account started, I know it's open beta but I would really like to try it out.

SRB

#16 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:31 PM

Just posted in News and Announcements:

http://community.pla...-friends-lists/

thx,
Merry

#17 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted January 29 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hey guys,

We appear to have resolved the connectivity issue. Check out our update in News & Announcements:
http://community.pla...ity-stabilized/

Thanks!
-ZamboniChaos

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#18 Corporal_Punisher

Corporal_Punisher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 08:57 PM

Hey guys I'm hoping you can help I have been having this issue for a couple weeks now.  My scenario is a little different.  I am ONLY getting this issue on my mobile internet stick and I also get it when I use my cell as a hot spot.  I took a break from playing the game just before the last big update and everything was working fine.  I came back to the game last month it's working fine on my home network but now I get this issue on my mobile network.  Yes I have unblocked everything and also disabled all anti-virus/firewalls and end up with the same result.  I don't know how to access IPconfig or open ports on a mobile network unfortunately.  Don't know if this will help but the internet stick I am using is HUAWEI 4G LTE; ISP Telus Canada.  Ok so apparently, the problem is mobile internet is a modem not a router so you cannot forward ports etc.  They also don't use static IPs.  Anyone with a more technological prowess know a work around__  Would using a third party DNS provider maybe work_  Just not sure why after the last big patch it stopped working for me.  Hawken is the only online game I play that has this issue can someone explain to me why that would be the case aswell Eve, AA, PS2, BF all work fine.   Thanks for your time CP.

Edited by Corporal_Punisher, October 28 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Forum, Game, Patch, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users