HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

config/ini tweaking

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 16 2012 - 08:53 AM

Hey, guess what. Hawken had these options in Closed Beta, and the devs have already said, on the forum, that the advanced graphics options will be returning. They didn't make it out the door with the overhauled UI, most likely. Everything you are asking for was available and I see no reason why they won't be available again when the advanced graphics options panel comes back.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#22 Kinjeto

Kinjeto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 16 2012 - 09:10 AM

Just hope its coming back. Film grain included.

But anyway @ 1:20~1:27

That is how an option menu is done, amirite_

Edited by Kinjeto, December 16 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#23 XenoMorph

XenoMorph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNY USA

Posted December 16 2012 - 09:12 AM

God BuDeKia your threads are almost as bad as you play in game. :-/
Posted Image

I usually assume my team-mates are retarded :)

#24 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 01:40 PM

View Post[ADH]TJ, on December 16 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Nice little tweaking tutorial! I don't see anything cheat-worthy in this (though I may lock the Y/X fov now, heh). I've tried to optimize LOW to be as fast as possible already so ideally you don't have to tweak, but you're always welcome to. If anyone finds anything that gives a really unfair advantage, report it and we'll probably lock it down in a future build.

By keeping things open we give the community more flexibility, and we get quicker visibility into real issues, so I'm big in favor of config tweaking. I've done it myself since the Quake days, and I played that for money.

View Post[ADH]TJ, on December 16 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

I've tried to optimize LOW to be as fast as possible already so ideally you don't have to tweak, but you're always welcome to. If anyone finds anything that gives a really unfair advantage, report it and we'll probably lock it down in a future build.

By keeping things open we give the community more flexibility, and we get quicker visibility into real issues, so I'm big in favor of config tweaking. I've done it myself since the Quake days, and I played that for money.

so awesome to hear from you and thanks for trying to keep it open. i will definately try and find anything that would give someone an unfair advantage and report back with what it is. Also the new "low" settings are better then every, you did a very nice job. the difference between the low and my new config is very minimal and the game is running better then ever. so keeep up the good work.

also it gives me great comfort knowing u are part of the quake playing master race.

Edited by BuDeKai, December 16 2012 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#25 anti_citizen

anti_citizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 01:47 PM

Why wouldn't you make this a text tutorial_ Jesus.

#26 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 09:51 PM

i would totally agree. be sure to tweet that at chezz (the guy who did the video)

Posted Image

also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#27 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 16 2012 - 10:33 PM

Totaly need to look into this and turn filmgrain off again....
Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

#28 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted December 16 2012 - 10:47 PM

Seems a lot of people here haven't realized that "Advanced Options" will be returning soon. These will essentially give you access to a lot of the configurable options in the INI files, without having to actually edit them. Pretty much any opinions on the graphical options in-game at this point are moot.

#29 CanonEOS1DsMkIV

CanonEOS1DsMkIV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 16 2012 - 11:20 PM

I tried your little mods and now I can't play.

http://crashreport.m.../Crashes/175312
Wandering Gun #78

#30 CanonEOS1DsMkIV

CanonEOS1DsMkIV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 16 2012 - 11:21 PM

Failed to load special material ''

Address = 0x75ed4b32 (filename not found) [in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x4613d1   (filename not found) [in C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x6f006c   (filename not found) [in C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x3e49a0   (filename not found) [in C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x75ed4b62 (filename not found) [in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x71f2872d (filename not found) [in C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32MSVCR100.dll]
Address = 0x4613b9   (filename not found) [in C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Address = 0x7a1e68   (filename not found) [in C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesBinariesWin32HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]
Wandering Gun #78

#31 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

View PostCanonEOS1DsMkIV, on December 16 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

We don't have access to the internal Meteor crash reporter server. However, easiest way to fix that is to delete the files you edited in (My) DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig and then re-launch Hawken. It'll restore the defaults.

Edited by Elix, December 16 2012 - 11:22 PM.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#32 CanonEOS1DsMkIV

CanonEOS1DsMkIV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I tried hitting the gear button on the launcher. I tried uninstalling and re-installing... Nothing worked.
Wandering Gun #78

#33 CanonEOS1DsMkIV

CanonEOS1DsMkIV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 16 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostElix, on December 16 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostCanonEOS1DsMkIV, on December 16 2012 - 11:20 PM, said:

We don't have access to the internal Meteor crash reporter server. However, easiest way to fix that is to delete the files you edited in (My) DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig and then re-launch Hawken. It'll restore the defaults.

Hey, thanks, that worked!
Wandering Gun #78

#34 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 16 2012 - 11:25 PM

Just remember that Adhesive/Meteor do not support edited INI files. However, as long as you're only editing the files in that config directory and not more important files for the game, the worst that can happen is that you'll have to delete them and start from the defaults.

And, you're welcome. :)

Edited by Elix, December 16 2012 - 11:25 PM.

#35 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 17 2012 - 02:54 AM

I received the failed to load special material as well.  Fixing it was going back into the HawkenEngine file and readding "EngineMaterials.FogVolumeMaterial" to the "DefaultFogVolumeMaterialName=" line.

And as Elix mentioned, this is totally unsupported, do so at your own risk, it's not our fault of your dog turns an interesting shade of puce after doing this.

Edited by bacon_avenger, December 17 2012 - 02:54 AM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#36 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted December 17 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostKinjeto, on December 16 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

-snip-

That is how an option menu is done, amirite_

You're comparing a fully released AAA+ game to an F2P game that's still in Open Beta_ What_
Posted Image

#37 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 06:09 AM

yes as elix said if u encounter any issues simply delete the inis u modified and the game will generate new default ones at startup. i also broke my game back in cb1 when i loaded in and everything was balck, opps. be careful now!

edit: ive also added a warning in the op as well as instructions on how to fix ur game if it breaks. hopefully this will avoid further problems for anyone who develops an issue

Edited by BuDeKai, December 17 2012 - 06:12 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 18 2012 - 07:51 AM

My files are named Defaultsettings defaultengine instead of hawken so im uneasy about editing them.

Nvm derped its further in the video >.>

Edited by Avlaen, December 18 2012 - 07:57 AM.

Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

#39 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 07:58 AM

as prefaced by the op, if u feel uncomfortable modifying these files, dont. i can, however say with almost absolute certainty that almost any damage you could do can just as easily be undone by deleteing the files u modified and allowing the game to generate new ones on ur next startup

Posted Image

#40 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 18 2012 - 08:00 AM

I just got confused with the directories is all but thanks :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users