HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Clans on the wiki

Announcement Clan Fansite Introduction Update Website

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:15 PM

This is just my opinion, but the wandering guns don't belong in the clan section of the wiki since the claim to not be a clan

because bow ties are cool

#22 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 19 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on December 19 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

This is just my opinion, but the wandering guns don't belong in the clan section of the wiki since the claim to not be a clan

They claim not to be but I believe by definition they are (they just act a little differently).
If you still have a problem please take it up with Ashfire908 as he is acting admin on the wiki. (His decision out rules mine)

http://hawkenwiki.ne...User:Ashfire908

Also all clans on the clan list that did not have a clan page have been given clan pages to edit and update.

Edited by Phaaze, December 19 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#23 MeteorMod04

MeteorMod04

Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hey everybody!

We'd like to drop in a reminder to keep your posts on topic, civil and constructive at all times. If you feel a post violates the forum Guidelines, please report it, but do not reply to it in any way.
I repeat: ANY WAY.

Thanks for helping us keep the forums inviting for everyone!

#24 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 19 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostPhaaze, on December 19 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Ashfire908 as he is acting admin on the wiki. (His decision out rules mine)
There seems to be a bit of a lack of clarity on this. I'm the owner (both of domain and site), server sysadmin, and admin on the wiki. If you have any issues using the site (lacking permissions, site errors), or have concerns or comments for the wiki or it's content send me a PM on the forums (or any other method listed on my user page on the wiki).

Phaaze is at the same level as anyone else who registers an account to edit on the wiki. I'm just not active on the forums anymore, hence why most wiki-related stuff here comes from Phaaze.

WRT Wandering Gun, as already relayed in PM I'll rework the Clans namespace to be instead for general community groups, be it clans, "not-a-clan"s, fan groups, other fan sites(_), whatever. I'll leave a note for the forum-goers here when I do that.
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#25 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 19 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostVulix, on December 19 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

I dont have permissions to create my clan's page (Carrion Crows), but I added us to the index list
This is due to some anti-spam measures I have set up to slow and confuse bots. You need to have an account for 4 days before you can create new pages. I may change this to allow new users to create pages in the clan/community namespace without the delay. Otherwise you (or anyone else) can contact me in the future if you need a page created and do not wish to wait the 4 days and I can create a placeholder page for you.
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#26 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted December 20 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostAshfire908, on December 19 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

This is due to some anti-spam measures I have set up to slow and confuse bots. You need to have an account for 4 days before you can create new pages. I may change this to allow new users to create pages in the clan/community namespace without the delay. Otherwise you (or anyone else) can contact me in the future if you need a page created and do not wish to wait the 4 days and I can create a placeholder page for you.

I created the page a little while ago.

#27 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 20 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostPhaaze, on December 20 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

I created the page a little while ago.

View PostAshfire908, on December 19 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Otherwise you (or anyone else) can contact me in the future if you need a page created and do not wish to wait the 4 days and I can create a placeholder page for you.

#28 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:07 PM

The clan namespace has been renamed to "Community". All previous links should still work. Old redirects from before the namespace was created are being deleted (cleaning up the main namespace).

In English:
  • Pages are now at "Community:Some page".
  • Links to "Clan:Some page" will still work.
  • Old redirects at "Some page" will not work anymore.

Edited by Ashfire908, December 28 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#29 Halfblud

Halfblud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted December 28 2012 - 11:06 PM

Might want to update the OP with the correct web address as the current one takes you to a redirect page :)

#30 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostHalfblud, on December 28 2012 - 11:06 PM, said:

Might want to update the OP with the correct web address as the current one takes you to a redirect page :)
fixed

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Clan, Fansite, Introduction, Update, Website

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users