HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best Killstreak

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#181 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 07 2013 - 09:41 AM

New information:

http://community.pla...180#entry167134

All I can say is LOL.

(yay, my favorite thread is now 10 pages old!)

Edited by ReachH, January 07 2013 - 09:41 AM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#182 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted January 07 2013 - 02:17 PM

^ :lol:

#183 tamazomby

tamazomby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 07 2013 - 02:31 PM

I got 9 for both Berserker (Lv 10) and Fred (Lv 25), and 6 with Sharpshooter (Lv9)...so far.  Those are the only three mechs I've played so far.
Posted Image

#184 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted January 14 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostSaer, on December 22 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

Come at me bros :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#185 TheWanderingJew

TheWanderingJew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationDem Feels

Posted January 14 2013 - 08:50 PM

For just having started playing today, I think I'm doing ok for myself, with a 1.55 K/D and a killstreak of 7... Not to mention the 80% match win percentage.

Place your ear to the ground, and cringe from the Sound.

#186 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 14 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostSaer, on January 14 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

lies
Stop cheating.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#187 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted January 14 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostSaer, on January 14 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Come at me bros :P

Posted Image

Dammit Saer, I was finally so happy about my 33 streak that I got a few days ago, but then you just had to post this BS :(

Edited by Guiotine, January 14 2013 - 09:18 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#188 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted January 14 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostGuiotine, on January 14 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Dammit Saer, I was finally so happy about my 33 streak that I got a few days ago, but then you just had to post this BS :(

:P
Posted Image

#189 Xuande

Xuande

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationShai Hulud

Posted January 14 2013 - 09:57 PM

10 kills with Bubba and 8 with Jim Bob.
Ol' Betsy || CR-T Recruit   Jethro || Raider
Jim Bob || Beserker    Big Bertha || Brawler
Bubba || Bruiser            Billy-Bob || Technician
Bobby-Joe || Reaper
My name is pronounced (Shuahn-duuh) not (Juan-dee).

#190 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 26 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

View PostPiVoR, on December 25 2012 - 05:29 PM, said:

(Post)
*Takes a deep breath*

I'm going to break this down point-by-point now, since you seem to somehow still think I am saying things I am not actually saying.

So good players dont exist on low mastery_
  • Do good players exist on low mastery: Yes. After all, high mastery players were low mastery players at one point. It's fully possible to be good at the game but have low mastery, just like it's possible to have high mastery but only be average (or even mediocre) at the game since all that's basically needed to get high mastery is time and investment of HC or MC, not skill.
  • Do they generally end up playing other good players: NO, because the other players will be generally getting more mechs, and eventually they will be put into servers that will exclude low-mastery players from joining them. There will always be the occasional good player, but as a general assumption, good players will not stick to only a few mechs, so eventually they will be put into servers where a lower-mastery player will be excluded.
This is why that system needs to change to also reflect skill and scores in some way. Right now, you can basically just not get anything else and be guaranteed mostly slightly-experienced pilots as opposed to well-versed pilots. This allows you to keep a very high ratio and score, since you vastly out-experience them and out-skill them by far, and an occasional match against a similarly-skilled opponent will not put real dents into them unless you soundly get your butt kicked.

Now you said that even crappy players reach high mastery, so whats the point of rising it_
Right now, there isn't one because it's solely dictated by mechs you own, and items/internals equipped. Therefore, you can game the system in a way by keeping your mastery low since then the game will never throw you into a match full of higher-mastery players, which would be (in general) people who have at least spent more time playing the game. They may not be better players, per se, but they at least would have some better knowledge of the game as opposed to people in the low 2000s level.

View PostPiVoR, on December 25 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

Why do you think that only better players got more mastery_
For about the eightieth time, I don't. What I'm saying is the average player progression is assumed by the devs to be something like this:
  • Player starts with a CR-T (and if they got Vanguard, a Cupcake). They begin levelling those, getting them items/internals, etc.
  • Eventually, the player has another mech they want. They buy this mech.
  • This repeats until the player is basically out of mechs to level and items/internals to buy.
Thus, the devs are assuming Mech Mastery will essentially be continually creeping upward. After all, as far as matchmaking is concerned, a higher mastery player has more experience, so it will throw him in with people who have similar or lower levels of experience.

What having a low mastery does is make the game think you're not as experienced, even if you are. Since right now it is solely based on mechs, items, and internals bought, you can literally game the system by simply not buying anything more, ensuring you're put up against rising players and not experienced ones. The game will not throw you into a server where the average mech mastery level is higher than your own, as it's going to assume you're not experienced enough to handle the play of those people. It will therefore put you into the first server it finds where the average player mech mastery level is equal to or lower than your own.

This is why I said players who up their mech mastery level technically face tougher competition: They're more likely to run into each other as opposed to someone who keeps their mech mastery low.

To make my point completely clear, I am going to provide you with an example.
  • Let's say a server has six players, with 7000, 6000, 5000, 4000, 3000, and 2000 Mech Mastery. The lower-leveled players were the first ones to join, and the higher level players joined later (because otherwise, the game would have excluded those players, for reasons I'll get into very shortly). If we add the mastery levels (27,000), then divide them by the number of players in the match (6), we get an average mech mastery of 4500. The server recalculates this value anytime someone joins or leaves a game, so if the 2000 player left, it'd become 25,000 / 5 = 5000, and if the 7000 player left it'd become 20,000 / 5 = 4000.
  • If a seventh player wants to join, the game, knowing the average mech mastery in the server, will check that value against the attempting-to-join-player's Mech Mastery. Let's assume that all six are still in, and so the average mastery is still 4500.
    • If he's under 4500, the game will automatically skip that server and move to the next one, as it assumes the players inside are more experienced than he is.
    • If he's over or equal to 4500, it sees it as a "fair" game for him, and will let him join.
  • Thus, the only way a lower-mastery player will end up going against a series of high-mastery players will be basically luck - he has to join the server before they do, as otherwise the high-level players will make the average mastery too high for the lower-mastery player to join.
Furthermore, this assumes that the game also doesn't set some kind of "maximum mech mastery" metric as well; if it does, the high-levels will never join the server because it will see the players in that server as too weak, but considering the issues Matchmaker has right now, I don't think something like this is implemented at the current time.

Dude I can't believe you are spending this much energy to troll another player on the forums.  By saying, "You Mech Mastery is lower than mine therefore you play lower calibre players and your Killstreak and K/D don't mean as much as mine do."  Lol.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#191 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted January 14 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostAzrael39, on January 14 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Dude I can't believe you are spending this much energy to troll another player on the forums.  By saying, "You Mech Mastery is lower than mine therefore you play lower calibre players and your Killstreak and K/D don't mean as much as mine do."  Lol.

Actually, what DarkPulse said was that his MM is lower, so hes MORE LIKELY to play lower caliber. He also did not say his Kilstreak/KDR didn't mean as much as his, he said it didn't mean much at all. Thats what I got out of it, anyway :P

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#192 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted January 14 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'm not in the mood to read through all of this...

Are you all not aware that Mech Mastery has absolutely nothing to do with playtime/skill/matchmaking_

It is a number that represents the amount of levels you have gained on all of your mechs, as well as how many internals, items and prestige weapons you have bought.

#193 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:22 AM

Oh wow, this is still going :unsure:
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#194 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted January 15 2013 - 01:43 AM

This thread was well-rotted until someone meddled with it once on the 7th, and again yesterday.
How a mercy kill hasn't yet been delivered to it is a mystery lost to the ages.

Posted Image

P.S. It doesn't count until your Rocketeer is Level 25. And your Mech Mastery fluctuated between images.

It was fun while it lasted.

#195 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 15 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostUmbre, on January 14 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

I'm not in the mood to read through all of this...

Are you all not aware that Mech Mastery has absolutely nothing to do with playtime/skill/matchmaking_

It is a number that represents the amount of levels you have gained on all of your mechs, as well as how many internals, items and prestige weapons you have bought.
Late to the party.

Also 2.11 damage ratio is quite weak Saer. I am disappoint. :'(

Edited by ReachH, January 15 2013 - 02:12 AM.

Development happens.

Posted Image

#196 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted January 15 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostReachH, on January 15 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

That's what happens when you have to spread damage across 12 level 25 mechs :(

#197 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted January 15 2013 - 04:14 AM

View PostReachH, on January 07 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

New information:

http://community.pla...180#entry167134

All I can say is LOL.

(yay, my favorite thread is now 10 pages old!)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! WHERE IS SKILLPULSE_ I NEED TO SEE HIS BUTTHURT NOW! XDDDDDDDDDDD

btw
Posted Image

Edited by PiVoR, January 15 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#198 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted January 15 2013 - 05:43 AM

Mine is 22, i'm getting above average now.  Still i'm not as good as the best of you but better than average anyhow.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#199 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted January 15 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 22 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Vanguard Cupcake - 22

Brawler - 20

Wow nice, but i suppose that the half of it is from your buddy that you play with in DM games.
You need to go and play TDM if you want to play with your friends kiddo.  Teaming up in a DM game is what kids do and i hope you are a kid and not an adult (not even inbetween).
And pls no blablabla..... shame i dont have the otherone's nick but its against the forum rules to reveil his nickname anyway.
:)

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#200 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 15 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostPiVoR, on January 15 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

-snip-
Posted Image
Damn KT_Flash. I disliked him after his 4-0 vs EGTL and now I hate him because you named your fuzzing EMP zerker after him.

Also lol @ MKP=bruiser, he is in MVP's group this GSL =o

View PostSaer, on January 15 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

View PostReachH, on January 15 2013 - 02:11 AM, said:

That's what happens when you have to spread damage across 12 level 25 mechs :(
Nice try, damage ratio is per mech. I'll be sure to teach you a good lesson if I see you on. We should have even pings to US E.

GAME IS ON SON. <3

Edited by ReachH, January 15 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Development happens.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users