HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who else refuses to play Siege Mode_

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: Siege Mode (277 member(s) have cast votes)

Who else here won't play SM_

1. Me (71 votes [25.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.63%

2. Still sieging (206 votes [74.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.37%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:04 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on June 02 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 01 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostM4st0d0n, on June 01 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I didnt find anything to interact to switch mech back in the base... And I dont consider HEAT canon or sharpshooter to be CQC. Exploits can be considered creative gameplay. Even if your exploit is to shoo ship, makes thing tedious and postpone battle for the AA.
If I remember, it's in the left back of the base, next to what looks like a bridge that goes off into the distance.
It looks something like a computer console sized for mechs.

Exploits can be considered creative gameplay, but when it hurts gameplay (ie: makes it less fun), it probably should not be tolerated.

So do you have a bad feeling about this undocumented feature_ ..
I think they should stick that thing near the front of the base and practically put a neon sign on it that says "CHANGE YOUR MECH HERE"

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#102 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:20 AM

Great idea. Give it a mini-bar and a chat room, and I'll hang there forever.

#103 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 02 2013 - 06:03 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 02 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

View PostThe_Silencer, on June 02 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 01 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostM4st0d0n, on June 01 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

I didnt find anything to interact to switch mech back in the base... And I dont consider HEAT canon or sharpshooter to be CQC. Exploits can be considered creative gameplay. Even if your exploit is to shoo ship, makes thing tedious and postpone battle for the AA.
If I remember, it's in the left back of the base, next to what looks like a bridge that goes off into the distance.
It looks something like a computer console sized for mechs.

Exploits can be considered creative gameplay, but when it hurts gameplay (ie: makes it less fun), it probably should not be tolerated.

So do you have a bad feeling about this undocumented feature_ ..
I think they should stick that thing near the front of the base and practically put a neon sign on it that says "CHANGE YOUR MECH HERE"

LOL :lol:

Edit: I've to admit on that would look pretty Blade Runnerish. :)

Edited by The_Silencer, June 02 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#104 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted June 02 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 01 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

View PostBurnsHot, on June 01 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

@Beemann   When is the last time you even played Siege_  Don't you know they Fixed it_  What are you hanging your hat on_  A video that was done 10 patches ago_  Please....
Are you completely blind_
How many times have we said "THIS HAS BEEN TESTED IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH"_
Stop acting like an idiot and ignoring that just because you don't like to acknowledge that fact.

Where is the proof_  I will trust the Dev's when they have already said they fixed it.

Try playing a few games of Siege and you will find out. Oh wait, let me guess you stop playing Siege when you decided that it was Broken what 6 months ago_

#105 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on June 02 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Where is the proof_  I will trust the Dev's when they have already said they fixed it.
Multiple respected members of the community have tested this every patch and confirmed the results publicly. Just look around the forums and you'll find it.

Besides that, if you payed any attention, the developers recently admitted in an interview that Siege was still broken.

Try playing a few games of Siege and you will find out. Oh wait, let me guess you stop playing Siege when you decided that it was Broken what 6 months ago_
Tell me, when you ran your "test", was it just you trying to organize some random people to shoot at the ship_
Or did you have a organized premade team who knew exactly what they were doing_

Actually, you don't need to answer that, because you said you failed. If you failed, you definitely didn't have an organized team that knew what they were doing.
So you couldn't possibly know be qualified to comment on whether it's possibly or not, because you are not meeting the minimum requirements of competence in order to complete the task.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#106 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 02 2013 - 09:28 AM

This back and forth isn't contributing to anything other than post count. Barring a Dev coming in and admitting it can be shot down, BurnsHot will continue to disagree.

On the bright side, I found the "change mech" console at base. There's no indication that it can be done and, yet, it can. Awesome.

#107 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 09:46 AM

You guys are not understanding my position.  This disagreement spans other threads so let me clarify and I will do it without calling you any Fuzzy Bunny names (Asianjoykiller).  You guys identified an exploit that could make the match go on indefinitely.  The Devs said they fixed it.

Maybe you are confusing my side of things and think that i'm saying that you can't shoot the ship down_  Of course you can, I have to yell at my team almost every match to start shooting the ship when the AA is lost.

What i'm trying to say is that they Fixed it to the point that you can't just camp in your base and shot it down before it does damage to your base which leads to the end of the match.  Problem solved.  I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

#108 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostBurnsHot, on June 02 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

What i'm trying to say is that they Fixed it to the point that you can't just camp in your base and shot it down before it does damage to your base which leads to the end of the match.  Problem solved.  I hope this clears up some of the confusion.
When you performed your test, how exactly did you do it_
Describe in detail, the exact circumstances and process you went through.

AJK is right

#109 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 10:00 AM

Funny,  I was going to ask you to do the same...

#110 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted June 02 2013 - 01:09 PM

The Devs said they fixed it.
Quote please
AFAIK the Devs still understand that Siege is broken and will readily admit that it is finished

And you`re still wrong btw. The last time they made any change to Siege was like... either the Reaper or Raider patch and there have been tests numerous times since then. You can still absolutely take 5 organized players and repeatedly shoot the ship down instead of attacking the AA with no damage taken
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#111 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 02 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostBeemann, on June 02 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Quote please
AFAIK the Devs still understand that Siege is broken and will readily admit that it is finished

And you`re still wrong btw. The last time they made any change to Siege was like... either the Reaper or Raider patch and there have been tests numerous times since then. You can still absolutely take 5 organized players and repeatedly shoot the ship down instead of attacking the AA with no damage taken

Quote please, too_

I could imagine two team of well rounded campers making no kills in TDM. Is it broken or finished then_

#112 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostBurnsHot, on June 02 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Funny,  I was going to ask you to do the same...
Multiple teams have succeeded in stalemating Siege since the point in time in which the devs said they fixed it.

You said you failed and state that as proof, but you are so far unwilling to describe the circumstances under which you failed. You have not proved that you conducted your test in a fair and ethical manner, doing your absolute utmost to succeed. You merely said you tried and failed, but you have yet to demonstrate that you even met the basic requirements for success, and that you followed the instructions properly.

You have failed to prove that you have the basic competence in order to succeed.

Also stop ignoring the FACT that the developers have admitted Siege is still broken more recently than they said they fixed it.
That means Adhesive has invalidated their own claim that Siege is fixed. You can not keep using that as supporting evidence because the developers themselves have admitted that claim is false.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, June 02 2013 - 02:39 PM.

AJK is right

#113 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted June 02 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostM4st0d0n, on June 02 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on June 02 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Quote please

Quote please, too_

I could imagine two team of well rounded campers making no kills in TDM. Is it broken or finished then_
Quote of which_ The devs have repeatedly stated (in every interview) that the game is not finished, and as recently as the Cockpit interview with Hughes they made it fairly clear that Siege is still being worked on
As for Siege being patched, read the patch notes.

Additionally TDM has a few issues that prevent it from being viable in more serious play as well (other games have implemented death match modes in a way that works. Quake is a good example of this actually). The difference is that you actually have to fight to get somewhere in TDM, but don't in Siege

Edited by Beemann, June 02 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#114 Valkyrie_Stryker

Valkyrie_Stryker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'd play this mode more if I wasn't screwed over by my team. It is a learning process, but sometimes other people makes this so frustrating.

#115 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostBeemann, on June 02 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Quote please

I've read each patch notes since I entered the game thanks. And I know it's beta, thanks again. I would like to see a quote of a dev that can admit siege is broken. You say it is. I believe you but could add the nuance that it is flawed but playable, even enjoyable some rare times. Like in a game in beta. If you can find a quote of a dev admitting siege is broken, man just print it and go to the court with your lawyer. Lots of Hawken points.

#116 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:22 PM

A Dev openly said it on video for one of the Cockpit episodes last month. It's out there.

#117 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:38 PM

I can read the patch notes but I wont listen to every podcasts there was till alpha. Give me links. Give me quotes. We're at a point of discussion where everyone needs to cite their sources to make a point. I didn't asked for that. I've spent Hawken points in mechs with limited utility that could be enjoyable in objective based gameplay. If it's broken from the start, not patched, and openly described by devs as "broken" then Hawken is just a fraud.

#118 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:41 PM

To be clear, they claimed to be working on it. So, I wouldn't go down the "fraud" path.

#119 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:54 PM

Community opinion and clan leaders and vets should be crystal clear in their statement. Logic argumentation and debate is fun in a way but newbie readers like myself would appreciate a better understanding of how siege works / should work / would it even work one day before uninstalling the game due to lack of teambased gameplay.

#120 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:03 PM

Mast, there is plenty if info out there on how it works currently and why it's not perfect. Beyond that, the devs rarely offer much speculation on upcoming changes. Clan leaders and vets aren't always in agreement much like people in general aren't.

Siege is one of three team-based modes. If you are unhappy with Siege as it plays now, jump into Missile Assault or TDM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users