HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[Discussion] Camera Shake Anoying_

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see the shaking removed or stay the way it is_ (209 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see the shaking removed or stay the way it is_

1. Keep it the way it is and just deal whit it. (123 votes [58.85%])

Percentage of vote: 58.85%

2. Have the option to remove it, evyone wins. (86 votes [41.15%])

Percentage of vote: 41.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 handofgod666

handofgod666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostPsycho_Samurai, on September 27 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

I just tried playing it today and after 5mins I have a headache. Way and I mean WAY too much shaking going on.
I understand a little bit of bounce to simulate a walking mech but man, total nauseating overkill. I won't be able to play until it's toned way down.

I have the same feeling. I've never had a game thats made me sick until today haha.

#42 Pyroka

Pyroka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted September 28 2012 - 02:10 AM

Personally I really enjoy the camera shaking, I think it's immersive and integral to the experience of Hawken. I would find it incredibly unrealistic for a mech to have such perfect "suspension" while walking.

However being a PvP game I can see how some people may be annoyed with the cockpit shaking and so an option to remove it would be a good idea, purely for those that are genuinely annoyed by it. Personally I don't feel the shaking is detrimental to my play at all.

#43 PuppeteerCL7

PuppeteerCL7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 05:10 AM

For example BF3 has a really nice hud shake, that prevents u to aim like maybe 80% other 20% is just luck.
It happens from time to time when tank shell hits near you or c4 which is not that common in game so the shake is spot on as it should be in real world.

Here if Hud shakes all the time , devs. should consider lowering it, but dont put an option to remove it in options on cfg files etc.

#44 Microwave

Microwave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:09 AM

its just realistic

#45 Toneh-cc-

Toneh-cc-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted October 05 2012 - 06:06 PM

Camera shake is good and makes it more immersive  but its way too strong.  It needs to be lowered, like when walking for example.

#46 NonsensicalAglet

NonsensicalAglet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 30 2012 - 02:27 PM

I like the whole realism thing but it would be a balance if you can toggle the shaking of moving but when you get hit a a rocket then it would shake since i get irritated at points when its just shaking like crazy.

So put a toggle option for when your running and when you get hit then it shakes

#47 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted November 26 2012 - 02:05 AM

I dont mind it
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#48 Leaders

Leaders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:57 AM

I like it :)

Edited by Leaders, December 30 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#49 Bulgarkan

Bulgarkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBulgaria,Burgas

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:41 AM

i think it's fine as it is it would be pretty boring if the camera didn't shake a little.

#50 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 14 2013 - 06:05 PM

I voted to have the option to remove it (which I think you can now anyway or at least turn it down to low) since it causes some people to be physically sick but there needs to be a third poll option - "Have the option to remove it and a server side option to force it on - everyone wins!"

Having the option to disable camera shake is very similar to having different view perspective options and games that have these kind of options have server side enforcement options so as to cater for those that want to play with a certain view and know that everyone else is the same and therefore promoting a level playing field.

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#51 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted February 14 2013 - 07:21 PM

I can't say I know what option to click, I want to say "deal with it" and I know some people can't, like me focusing on one task for too lon- oh look a heart of chocolate! I put all my settings as close to "how the hell am I playing right now" as I could and feel that I do rather well, but for good players putting an option such as this one in make make the game easier...

I'm going to vote 'yes let there be an option for this' cause some people may need it, but I'd rather vote no cause I get eaten by enough mech pilots who probably don't play as odd as I do.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#52 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 19 2013 - 04:57 AM

View PostCutlass, on March 20 2012 - 06:14 PM, said:

If you add it as an option to turn of camera shake wouldn't that put people who turn it off at an advantage_  If they are able to aim clearly, even when being bombarded by the opponent then attacking someone with large explody missiles would have one of their benefits removed.  

I would understand if this did not allow for easier aiming, things like motion blur for example.  It is a good effect for some kinds of gameplay, but for snipers it is impossible.

even without the shake enabled, you are still affected slightly when taking fire, this stops you from Aiming with 100% normal efficiency
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#53 SmirkingRevenge

SmirkingRevenge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 11:25 PM

I've got my camera shake set to full... love it :)  It's part of driving a mech, can't imagine it would be overly pleasant in there, so bring it on!! It's like a driving game without cockpit view... or a shooter without 'head-bob'.  I know it's a fine line between Sim and Arcade, but I don't believe there should be an 'Off'.  I can appreciate that some might like it reduced due to sickness issues or something, but just sounds like an 'I WIN' option to me.  Like turning off the gore in L4D2 that many did...

Just my 2c.

Edited by SmirkingRevenge, May 02 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#54 Diabetus88

Diabetus88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted May 13 2013 - 05:50 PM

If you touch my camera shake I will find you and end you internet exsistance. I already lost my cockpick heat bars I don't want to lose anothing important thing to me.

#55 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted May 28 2013 - 07:54 AM

I don't have to deal with it, I really like it and think its pretty cool, I'd even like it if they up'd the shake a bit. Please add the option of loving it,
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#56 Mushina

Mushina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 25 2013 - 11:49 PM

Why a poll for something you can just turn off in the options,...
I don't like it, so I turn it off; poll negated.

#57 Toxic_pirate

Toxic_pirate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 19 2014 - 04:20 PM

You Know You Can Turn It Off Right_

#58 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 19 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostToxic_pirate, on April 19 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

You Know You Can Turn It Off Right_

you know you just replied to a thread that's over a year old, right_ to a poll thats 2 years old_ what am I saying, of course you don't
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users