HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ponies_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#81 Spooky

Spooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostFatNinjaWalrus, on September 18 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

no, no, you misunderstand. i wasn't saying anyone was being a ponyfag, and thankfully no one seems to be on here. im warning against it, as it only turns forums into full on shitstorms. its not pictures,its just general stuff. people who derail threads with ponies, and people who go TRY IT OR YOUR GAAAAY N STUFF are the kind of people i'm talking about. i don't mind converting people, i just mean no one should be so obnoxious about the entire subject that everyone wants to kill them.

by all means, post pony memes, wherever you want. freedom of speech and all that. heck, i usually post pics/memes as responses to things, i'll be doing it too. like it was said, its no different; spidey is a meme, and one about a super crappy old cartoon at that. just don't be horrid and obnoxious. basically, its the same as the forum's rules: don't be a d i c k.

Glad we're on the same page. I just think that forced, artificial, prejudiced "containment" should never be the norm ;)

View PostFatNinjaWalrus, on September 18 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

although i'm curious about 2 things. one, how do they test if this thing works or not_ they won't destroy their own computers, even /b/ isn't THAT stupid.

Easy to test in an virtual environment.

#82 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted September 20 2012 - 10:54 AM

^me too spooky

View PostGUEST!!, on September 19 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

I must be even less in the fandom because I didn't even know "ponysona" was a thing.

yeah its just an extension of 'fursona,' usually made by people who make anthro art.
for example, if you've heard of the living tombstone and his music, the pony in his videos is supposed to be his ponysona.

Posted Image

seriously guys, we should make a brohoof clan or something
/)

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, September 20 2012 - 11:06 AM.

Posted Image

#83 Sesambrot

Sesambrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 28 2012 - 03:07 AM

Tbh, I didn't really expect to find one of these topics here, but it seems it's true what people say, they're everywhere! :lol:
Kinda sad to see the same narrowminded people coming in here claiming "ponies ruind the MWO forums"...
to quote Aresye from over there: "Our single topic seems to get a lot of people butthurt!".

Doesn't seem like that much of a problem here though since this topic seems to be rather "unpopular" atm.
Just in case this ever gets out of hand, I'd suggest to look at the way they handled this particular topic over there!

On a side note, guess it's no surprise to find familiar faces on other mech-game's forums...
Hi there Spooky, should have figured I'd run into you in a topic like this! :D

Almost forgot, since nobody brohoofed FatNinjaWalrus yet, here you go buddy!
( :lol:

Edited by Sesambrot, September 28 2012 - 03:08 AM.

Posted Image

#84 Nyantez

Nyantez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 05:32 AM

It's an OK kids show, nothing more.

#85 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 09:44 AM

just happened to have this in my clipboard when i was browsing, so i figured "while i'm here"

this may be my background soon
Posted Image

is it contradictory if i say that fluttershy is my favorite pony, but rainbow dash is best pony_

and thanks for the brohoof :D

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, September 28 2012 - 09:48 AM.

Posted Image

#86 Kamikaze

Kamikaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:05 PM

YAY PONIES!

*quietly leaves the thread before anyone notices*

Edited by Kamikaze, September 28 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#87 Alehanroth

Alehanroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 28 2012 - 12:16 PM

I love them, this game just got 20% coller

#88 Yoko_Littner

Yoko_Littner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHanover, New Hampshire

Posted September 28 2012 - 07:58 PM

>the year of our lord 2012
>still liking that show
>shiggy diggy doo
Posted Image
There is no need to be upset

#89 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:37 AM

Pft. Ponies.

Ohai Sesambrot! Poking around here too, eh_
Posted Image

#90 Cadence

Cadence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:49 AM

This thread needs moar Lyra.
Posted Image

#91 Memo_The_Rat

Memo_The_Rat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLaff at it

Posted September 29 2012 - 05:54 AM

Posted Image
Fix'd that for you.

oh god, we've infected another pony thread.
Posted Image

#92 CrunchTheRobot

CrunchTheRobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted September 29 2012 - 10:10 AM

Only because ponies and robots go so well together.

Also, hi guys. Nice to see y'all here.

Posted Image

#93 BeauChaotica

BeauChaotica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted September 29 2012 - 06:25 PM

Not a fan, just had to see what goes on in a thread like this.

I find it kind of fascinating, but confusing at the same time. If one of you would care to explain...

What exactly is the purpose of something like this_ You all like the same show, sure. For example, I dig Futurama and so do a bunch of other people, but we don't make clubs about it.

Mostly what these threads seem to consist of is people fending off attacks on their opinion/sexuality and growing stronger bonds with fellow bronies as a result...yet there's still not really a whole lot to go on in the first place.

Quite happy to let you guys get on with whatever it is you wanna do, that's your right. It's just interesting. Gotta find common ground, I guess..!
Posted Image

#94 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:02 PM

Because the bronies started on /b/ who tend to be the most insufferable, obnoxious idiots to ever walk on this planet. Now, add an unhealthy obsession for a kids show to that and they'll try to push their obsession onto you. Hence, creating topics like this and spamming MLP pics is the point of being a brony; annoying other people.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#95 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:10 PM

Time to clean the floor again, with pure logic....

A spam thread is exactly this. It's the exact definition. There's no logic, intelligence or relevance for this topic to exist. Why, there are the same iteration in every forum. It's a trend, a kid show and a low level pizzazz falling on trendy lines. It's an icon that enjoy the immunity and sovereignty of pure spam.

What does the thread provides_ Nothing. What does the thread adds_ Nothing. Could be just random fun or just an internal internet joke or Meme_ No, far from it. How does this contributes other than filling up pointless data to a random server of a company_ That's exactly what this thread is, wasted space.

I don't blame any user in particular or their personal preferences. It's all right to have weird fetishes, strange likes and creepy pseudo pedophile icons like the pedo bear. Yes, 4chan started similar trends that went into a degenerated nobody signature. Why is this being a subject with 14 pages when there are lots of more interesting topics to be discussed and discovered_ Well, because this requires no thinking at all. Shall this be used as a background desktop page_ Well, even a picture of a cup of coffee suffice. This serves no use or purpose or even a practical joke.  

This is the type of thread you don't see in Neogaf or any other prestigious site. This shows how trendy is the infantile iconography. Shall this be the next Power Puff girls tirade_ Shall this be the next boring pockemon thread found in every corner of the net_ Well, this is part of what I believe is called internet pollutant.

Sorry if this falls like a  heavy brick but I think Hawken community should never be singled by this type of empty superficial stereotype. Instead of a nonsensical pointless wasteland like this why not start a mech thread where people just post amazing mech drawings, animations instead of a Hannah Barbera's flick. It's pathetic to be part of a community that enjoys this. I feel embarrassed and ashamed to see a topic like this being the "HOT TOPIC" for a discussion.

View PostGanelon, on September 29 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

Because the bronies started on /b/ who tend to be the most insufferable, obnoxious idiots to ever walk on this planet. Now, add an unhealthy obsession for a kids show to that and they'll try to push their obsession onto you. Hence, creating topics like this and spamming MLP pics is the point of being a brony; annoying other people.

AMEN!

Thank you so much for such illustrative words. I agree with you 100 percent.

MODS COULD YOU PLEASE LOCK UP THIS USELESS SPAMMING ABOMINATION OF A THREAD.

Thank you.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 29 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#96 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:21 PM

Any of you guys seen Gravity Falls_ I've been hearing there's a lot of crossover in fandoms there. Pretty amazing show. Just introduced my wife (longtime pony lover) to the show.
Posted Image

#97 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostGUEST, on September 29 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

Any of you guys seen Gravity Falls_ I've been hearing there's a lot of crossover in fandoms there. Pretty amazing show. Just introduced my wife (longtime pony lover) to the show.

Is this relevant to the current conversation_ No.

In general, retaking the conversation and finding a way to get rid of this imperative nonsense...

A gravity well may be studied in physics for academic reasons. You see a quantum well of infinite potential in Shroedinger equation. You see an empty well filled with nothing when a thread like this is taken into consideration. Shall I be a pseudo intellectual just to spam a thread like this_ No, neither.

I'll be straight and simple. This composes nothing. Adds nothing, it's just a mental "fan domain" that stinks. It is mindless google browsing and linking of an infantile show. Horses ponies, well here is mister frisky.

http://2.bp.blogspot...risky__body.jpg

Happy_

Fantastic, that's an anatomically accurate picture of a horse. Shall it be fun to post thousand images of a Horse drawn when there's no purpose to be discussed or added_ Oh why not make a pointless "fan domain" of an icon whenever 4chan spreads more idiocy adopted by nobodies in that site_ See this is what really pisses me off.

Hawken is a community that deserves a standing. This should be a community that likes quality and gives an example of what we should be. Do you really want to be associated with this instead of a mech game_ Me_ Please count me out.

This is why I write heavy words against this without faulting anyone respect. Believe me, I'm going to strike this with harsher logical words worst than a meteor the size of Texas.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 29 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#98 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 11:06 PM

its funny because unless i'm mistaken mechmechanic is already a known troll, and everyone is just ignoring him. xD

View PostBeauChaotica, on September 29 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Not a fan, just had to see what goes on in a thread like this.

I find it kind of fascinating, but confusing at the same time. If one of you would care to explain...

What exactly is the purpose of something like this_ You all like the same show, sure. For example, I dig Futurama and so do a bunch of other people, but we don't make clubs about it.

Mostly what these threads seem to consist of is people fending off attacks on their opinion/sexuality and growing stronger bonds with fellow bronies as a result...yet there's still not really a whole lot to go on in the first place.

Quite happy to let you guys get on with whatever it is you wanna do, that's your right. It's just interesting. Gotta find common ground, I guess..!

yeah, usually we get invaded by people who call us fuzzy bunny pedophile lifeless faggots, and we explain why they're wrong, and remind them that if they don't like it they can just not come into our thread. (really guys, try it, it's super easy!) then they rage, try to troll more, or leave. then we continue posting random pony things. sometimes it turns into a simple meme thread, equivalent to something like a spiderman meme thread. other times, its show/character discussion, or music, or art, or whatever. this is one of the few fandoms that has pretty much made media in EVERYTHING, so there's tons to discuss. that's one of the reasons i like it so much.

you don't hate the fandom, you just want to understand more about it_ i wish more people were open minded like that, and not so quick to judge.

explain_ well, that's a little harder. everyone finds something they like about the show, for example, my friend is an artist, and he likes the animation and art style. but sometimes its difficult to actually explain. for example, the reason i like this show is kind of that i just do. how do i know_ well, when i watch a show, and then the show ends, i react, just like any person would. so i decided to try it (my logic being that either a ton of my friends suddenly started liking things like barbie and dora the explorer, OR the show actually had some merit, the latter being much more realistic). when i got done, i found i wanted more. you know when you watch a good show, and you go "i like that, i want to see what happens next"_ that's pretty much how it was for me. couldn't explain why i liked it, but i found the characters relateable and engaging, and i wanted to see more of them. so i kept watching.

now, i'd really hate to seem like i'm pushing this off on you, especially since everyone always goes "their only purpose is to assimilate more of us, run awaaaay!" and i don't want to reinforce that. those are the obnoxious "TRY IT OR UR GAAAAY" bronies, and they annoy us too. however, i would tentatively recommend that if you're curious, to watch just the first episode, and see what you think. i'm not asking you to like it, just to see what it's all about. heck, you could HATE it for all i care, the point being that you tried it, and so are more entitled to an opinion on the matter than most others. but yeah there's no better way to learn about something than to experience it firsthand.

in the meantime, thanks for letting us go about our ways without trolling us!

and on a more related note, no i haven't seen gravity falls, but you might appreciate this
Posted Image

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, September 29 2012 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

#99 Sesambrot

Sesambrot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted September 30 2012 - 03:40 AM

I considered reacting to the flaming above, I decided I'd rather report you for it right away... :P
What other people like is none of your business, even less so when they're not all in your face about it. If you're offended by this single topic in this rather large forum, frankly that's your problem, not ours!

We're not breaking any rules by sharing art and talking about ponies, contrary to that, you do by attacking and insulting us for what we like!

Oh, hi Cadence, Memo and Crunch... should have guessed you guys would turn up here sooner or later! ^^

This one of multiple times that someone recommended Gravity Falls... being in Germany sometimes really sucks!

On a side note, why do I like it_
Well, I like cartoons in general, it may sound strange, but they provide a nice balance to all the serious business out there.
The reason I like MLP in particular is that the characters even though not human are probably the most believable characters I've seen in a show for a long time. They have those lessons about friendship in every episode and even though that's exactly what is aimed at little kids, the world would be a better place if people acted accordingly. Even though that's the central message of the show, it's not all sunshine and rainbows and there are several very real problems with the society the characters live in.
In the end, it comes down to being able to deal with almost every situation in your live when you have friends by your side that are there to support you and that it's equally important to be there for them should they ever need you.

That's just me, but if nothing else, that's something to believe in!

All that wrapped in interesting an exciting adventures make for a great show!

Aside of that, the show it's humor and messages manage to make me smile and as far as I'm concerned that's all I need to like it.
That's my opinion and everyone is free to disagree with me, as long as they don't start attacking or insulting me for what I think and/or believe!

Edited by Sesambrot, September 30 2012 - 04:20 AM.

Posted Image

#100 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 30 2012 - 04:20 AM

Haha, that's awesome Walrus.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users