HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Ponies_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#61 Ezio

Ezio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationFlorentine

Posted September 18 2012 - 07:02 AM

Since I am the main source of discomfort in this thread I will stop commenting.

Edit: Used the wrong word.

Edited by Ezio, September 18 2012 - 07:03 AM.

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize." Voltaire

#62 Spooky

Spooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 07:04 AM

View PostEzio, on September 18 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

Since I am the main source of discourse in this thread I will stop commenting.

How fitting :D

Posted Image

#63 thehippyelite

thehippyelite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted September 18 2012 - 07:45 AM

Love 'em

#64 Orpheu5

Orpheu5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlmost Canada

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:31 AM

OH MY GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE

Yeah, no, I knew that already.

I mostly stick to fanfiction and music myself.

Rise up while you can.

#65 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Locationbehind slenderman

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:36 AM

i do think its a good idea not to spread it around, to keep it within this post. don't need to give the haters reason to hate, aggressive ponyfags are what makes everyone dislike us anyway, so just keep it contained. everyone will be a lot happier that way.

everyone else, i think the thread was more of a 'discuss ponies here' than a 'what's you're opinion' thread.

View PostVoyevoda, on September 18 2012 - 05:46 AM, said:

People like things that you don't like, fuzzy bunny'em right_

Anyway, ponies are alright. I had a clanmate who liked them a lot, he ended up convincing me to give them a shot after I was poking fun at him for months. The show was entertaining and I'll probably watch the third season when it comes out, but I'm not a "brony" by any strech of the imagination. I heard a lot of people who worked on some classic CN cartoons (Dexters Lab, Samurai Jack, PPG, etc.) came together for MLP:FIM, so that might explain why I like'em.

EXACTLY what happened to me. people don't realize that we were against it too at first. i was all like "you're freakin kidding me right_ what's WRONG with you people_!"

then i used logic: a crapton, like a whole freaking lot of guys i know suddenly started liking this show. sooooo, either a ton of guys  i have known for a long time, and know would never like anything girly, randomly started liking barbie and dora the explorer, or this show is way better than everyone assumes it is. the obvious conclusion, is, of course, that its way better

View PostEzio, on September 18 2012 - 06:08 AM, said:

Why would seemingly adult MALES, like a show... about ponies_ and then rainbow girly ponies_

C'mon now.
seemingly. i see what you did there. i will ignore it.

ponies are not girly. i am majoring in biology, and i plan on working with all sorts of animals in my lifetime, ponies and horses being no exception. ponies aren't actually girly, it's just gender definition that's been assigned by the fuzzy bunny old versions of this show. picture a real pony, not the cartoon one. what's girly about it_ its size_ donkeys are the same size, they certainly aren't girly. its like a horse_ cowboys and horses are pretty manly, aren't they_
what about if a bunch of girls started watching a cartoon show about tigers, would they get flack for liking a 'guy's animal'_ the viewpoint is something our culture has explained, that's all. just like this: did you know, pink used to be viewed as more of a boy's color than girls, a long time ago_ and blue was seen as a girly color. this eventually changed, but now its coming back, with the whole 'real men wear pink' thing

remember all the good old cartoons_ THATs why we watch it. this cartoon is easily the best thing on tv since Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and was developed by people who made all that stuff we grew up on when we were younger. it's not actually girly, which is exactly why we watch it. if it were, i certainly wouldn't watch it.

the show was rewritten with the intent of collecting new audience. that's what happened. besides, the majority of people who watch the show are guys. that should be proof enough. you really can't argue with over 85% of the audience. so don't hack it till ya try it.

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, September 18 2012 - 08:45 AM.

Posted Image

#66 Spooky

Spooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostFatNinjaWalrus, on September 18 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

i do think its a good idea not to spread it around, to keep it within this post. don't need to give the haters reason to hate, aggressive ponyfags are what makes everyone dislike us anyway, so just keep it contained. everyone will be a lot happier that way.

Who is being an "aggressive ponyfag"_ Why would you even make such a poor choice of words. What is the difference to a pony meme picture being posted and a spiderman meme picture_ Why is that more tolerable to you than other things_

#67 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:29 AM

He didn't say that memes would be better.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#68 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:34 AM

Posted Image
Pestilence is my favorite.
Posted Image

Edited by h0B0, September 18 2012 - 09:43 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#69 Spooky

Spooky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:34 AM

View PostGanelon, on September 18 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

He didn't say that memes would be better.

Weird statement, because "pony pictures", i.e. pictures containing anything from MLP:FiM undoubtedly have a general "memetic" status as well ;). Why does anything need to be contained in the first place, in case he doesn't find other reaction pictures more tolerable_

#70 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostSpooky, on September 18 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

View PostFatNinjaWalrus, on September 18 2012 - 08:36 AM, said:

Who is being an "aggressive ponyfag"_ Why would you even make such a poor choice of words. What is the difference to a pony meme picture being posted and a spiderman meme picture_ Why is that more tolerable to you than other things_

no, no, you misunderstand. i wasn't saying anyone was being a ponyfag, and thankfully no one seems to be on here. im warning against it, as it only turns forums into full on shitstorms. its not pictures,its just general stuff. people who derail threads with ponies, and people who go TRY IT OR YOUR GAAAAY N STUFF are the kind of people i'm talking about. i don't mind converting people, i just mean no one should be so obnoxious about the entire subject that everyone wants to kill them.

by all means, post pony memes, wherever you want. freedom of speech and all that. heck, i usually post pics/memes as responses to things, i'll be doing it too. like it was said, its no different; spidey is a meme, and one about a super crappy old cartoon at that. just don't be horrid and obnoxious. basically, its the same as the forum's rules: don't be a d i c k.

i just hate to see flamewars, i've been through some nasty ones. anyone remember Knox's Korner Forums_ good times...

View PostBuff, on September 18 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

Clop somewhere else [Mod Edit].
>being a brony automatically means you're a clopper

lawl

>all cloppers are bronies

double lawl
Posted Image

#71 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:51 PM

heads up folks. i know, double post, but i wanted to make sure everyone saw this.

the /b/f ags are at it again

Posted Image

quite obviously, don't play this game

although i'm curious about 2 things. one, how do they test if this thing works or not_ they won't destroy their own computers, even /b/ isn't THAT stupid. secondly, which pony is the safe pony, the one that won't delete your system_

Edited by FatNinjaWalrus, September 18 2012 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#72 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:52 PM

This thread would be much better off as a spiderman thread.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#73 Interrogator

Interrogator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:41 PM

oh god I came to see if there would be a thread about this already and there is

#74 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted September 19 2012 - 07:00 AM

I know this is wrong.... But I haven't watched them yet.

Posted Image

My blog-> MELODIC-MISSILES

#75 Orpheu5

Orpheu5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlmost Canada

Posted September 19 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostInterrogator, on September 18 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

oh god I came to see if there would be a thread about this already and there is
What did you expect_ Ponies are literally everywhere.

Rise up while you can.

#76 The_Brony_Gamer

The_Brony_Gamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:25 AM

I knew there was going to be a Pony thread here. There's one on Mechwarrior Online so there's one here. Now, as for your question, do I like ponies_ No. I don't like them... I LOVE THEM! If it wasn't for My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic, well, I wouldn't be reading as much as I do now, or writing my own stories. I can't describe how much I love MLP. There is no reason not to watch it.

This has been the first post of The Brony Gamer. ROCK ON BRONIES!
Oh, and for you non-bronies and haters. Give the show a chance by watching this. (skip the theme song if you want)

#77 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:49 AM

View PostFatNinjaWalrus, on September 18 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Posted Image

Excellent.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#78 FatNinjaWalrus

FatNinjaWalrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:43 AM

View PostModnarSarhp, on September 18 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

This thread would be much better off as a spiderman thread.

as you wish

Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 The_Cultist

The_Cultist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:22 AM

Yeah, I enjoy watching the show, but I cannot wholeheartedly say that I'm part of the fandom that came out of it.

I don't plan to go to conventions, I don't plan on publishing anything with a ponysona and I sure as hell am not going to worship Tara Strong because she's Twilight Sparkle.

I worship her for the sheer amounts of Voice Acting skills she posesses and her dedication to her underestimated craft.
The violent are the passionate who've lost their way.

Some may say: "I'm wishing my days away"
No way! And if it's the price I pay.
Some say: "Tomorrow's another day"
You stay - I may as well pay

#80 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:19 PM

I must be even less in the fandom because I didn't even know "ponysona" was a thing.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users