HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How to Optimize Hawken

Community Game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AramGO

AramGO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 09:28 AM

Hio, first of all, dont know if this thread should be here or somewhere else, i think when one has technical dificulties, Support is the magic word.

Great News for those who have an Intel Quad Core, (at least 4 gb of ram) and a DDR2 Video Card (those happen to be my Specs), ¡¡¡you CAN play the game!!!.

When Tried Hawken, i was a little dissapointed that i couldn't play it well even when changing the settings to low and the res. to 1024x768, it dropped to like 24-30 fps, but one of those times that i was launching Hawken and saw the Unreal Engine logo, remembered how i use to tweak the settings on ini files with Killing Floor (another game that uses and old Unreal Engine), so i thought it was worth a shot.

As other Online games the min. resolution is not the one they show (that one would be at least the one you should use in order to be able to read things (such a small font O.O)).

By going to your "My Games" folder (usually C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\My Games\Hawken) and once in there getting into "\HawkenGame\Config" the "HawkenSystemSettings.ini" can be the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll leave my .ini so you just have to copy paste, and be ready to go (tell me how did it go btw).

It is tuned to run at: 800x600 (can be changed easily by opening the ini and looking for: ResX and ResY, think SecondaryDisplayMaximumWidth and Height can improve things too), with this ive managed to get 35 to 48 fps on Team DeathMatch, a good fps rate, although if you want to get things smoother and you think upgrades and all of that can wait, you can lower the res. to 640x480, if you dont get good fps there now that would be a problem.

Here its the ini file: http://www.mediafire...2y3v9pfik38osxl (virus free, just the ini file, no .rar or zip).

PD: If you see any (or a lot O.o) of text-grammar errors please tell, english is not my mother tongue XD.

#2 bfdhud

bfdhud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks, I'm sure there are some people who will find it useful.

#3 Kronguard

Kronguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLatvia.

Posted December 30 2012 - 11:15 AM

Another game that used the (old) engine_ hawken is running on the latest UE,the one that the fuss is about is not even out yet.

And at LEAST 4gb ram_ Hawken supports only 32bit system configuration,so it won't recognize more than 4gb of virtual memory.
And what in the name of god have you done to your computer,if you got quad-core and have to go below 1024x768 just to run in.

Mate,there is something horribly wrong with your computer...not the game,and by horribly,i mean i read alot of tomshawrware.com and the last time i saw something like this was few years ago when some guy complained that he cannot push past 20 fps in terraria on an old celeron D 2.0ghz.....as they found out the guy removed the cooler from CPU cuz as he said ''it made annoying sounds'' and ran without it.
Posted Image
   I dreamed a thousand new paths...I woke and walked my old one.

#4 Agyo13

Agyo13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostKronguard, on December 30 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

Mate,there is something horribly wrong with your computer...not the game

I concur. The game is 32-bit so I'm not sure what he's on about regarding the memory. Also, Hawken looks good because of the artwork (texturing, etc.) but the hardware requirements actually aren't that high. UE3 is an old engine that runs well even on old hardware.

#5 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 12:55 PM

His FPS issues are probably because he's using a DDR2 card.  Most modern graphics cards are DDR3, GDDR3, or GDDR5.  He probably turned down his settings to seriously low levels, and that kills the experience.  Hawken has great graphics and honestly if you can't enjoy the game as a whole, then there's no point playing it.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#6 69er

69er

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationARG

Posted December 31 2012 - 11:17 PM

Thanks Man ill give a try i want to see if i can get more frames per sec
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users