HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A bitch thread....: P

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#81 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 09:16 PM

Symmenix said:

Question, mm.

Out of the two leading consoles, which do you prefer..!

And have you ever used one_ *tilts glasses*

I trade them. There's no need for me to keep them. I simply purchase and resell just to keep the cash moving. However for PC, I try to make upgrades when new consoles are on the loop. Up to now the whole industry is on hold due to the harsh recession. For develjopers is unwise to invest on quality since these old museum boxes produces good buck with cheap developments. On the other hand PC requires effort and true investment if any developer wants to impress the audiences. Up to now cheap shots like Halo 4, Bio chock infinite, Ghost Recon Future Solider are retarded graphical rehearsals. They are cheap shots on old hardware trying to pull of some coins on the current cadavers.

Aside from all the mockery against the filthy consoles, with is well deserved, they are now harming the industry more than doing any good. If developers wants to subsidize their subsistence they have to play hardball on PCs and get their stuff going for the next generation. However the short sighted attitude doesn't allow developers put all effort in just one platform.  Pulled and purchased by short sighted investors and publishers with the disgruntled excuse of generalization and maximization of profits these marketeers pretend to cover a wider audiences with multi platform launches. In the long run the echelon only favor the weakest console, in this case the 360. All the design effort, the polygon budget, the frame rate and the model swapping is castrated and defined by the weak profile of the 360. All the work around runs on old hardware while the new generation of kids focus on the new trends of DX11.

Is it worth to get stuck and enjoy getting stuck_ No. I used to trade, sell and resell consoles just to play few games, however PC produces better ones, the current multi platforms looks better on PC and the modding community keep great games alive for more time. Yes, consoles are toys, they will remain as toys and they will be seen as toys. Why_ Plug and play devices doesn't bring the sophistication of true gaming. Look how Mass Effect got ruined. Look how many great games are gimped because of the limited mentality of brain dead baboons who need how to get out of a hamster maze with arrows on the floor. The necrets and nuzzles (the key near the puzzle and secret with is not a secret) are another example of console stigmata that pervades on many PC games.

We don't want patronizing parameters or condescending treatments when developers develops for us PC gamers. We want the hard core, complex, convoluted, sophisticated puzzle, the complex stage and the depth of game designers in our games. Why_ Becuase we invest more than those who purchase toys. It's a fair treatment to challenge our intelligence with better games however the current stigmata of consoles suggests equal treatment between PC gamers and console gamers. It is here when they fail. They fail to understand why we are a different demography who seek different tastes and turns in our games. How about this_ Is it fair to do improper integrals on a class of partial differential equations_ Do we want to teach Bolzano theorem on Real analysis_ No we don't want to be patronized with gimped games when we are at another level of game comprehension. How do you feel if someone makes a necret and a nuzzle for you to solve on a game called  Dark Souls (Available for PC)_ Is he really humiliating your intelligence_ Of course, he is. As you see consoles harms the games lowering the gaming standards because publishers design them as toys for kids. When commercial art becomes generic then all the possible grandeour is reduced to a cheap thrills for the brainless masses without making any distinction between PC players and console players.

Am I discriminating_ No, everybody likes to play with toys, however we grow up expecting a greater level of sophistication. Is it wrong to be passionate with what you like_ Do you really enjoy seeing it ruined because brain dead baboons can't solve for shit_ Do you_ No, I think developers should design for one platform at a time instead of treating Doctoral degree students as kindergarten kids.  Sorry but as you see, PC gamers do more work, invest more in their games, do more effort, use more their wits, read, learn and has the disposition to learn and go through a steep learning curve, why in hell we have to be treated as lagging brain dead lemmings_

Is there any reason to gimp, lower the standards_ No, I don't think so. I think if developers put efforts on the toys, I would be glad to play a game on it because I know the exact purpose of such game. However I still prefer my Eve, Shogun Total war II and Crysis Warhead intact. I think there are games for everyone. When a developer doesn't differentiate between the expectations of their respective communities then we start to have problems.

See why I bitch_ ....

#82 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • LocationEDN.III. Outer Rim.

Posted April 29 2012 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, now that you say it seriously, I understand. BUT you did miss something.

Console-specific games seem to ALWAYS look and run better on PS3. I'm talking about 'the last of us' 'kz3' 'uncharted' 'final fantasy'
(Ff was originally ps3 only, but Microsoft got a shitty port..) these are just a few of them, but I will say that ps3 suceeds when it is made solely for ps3.

Look at the last of us trailer, you'll see what I mean
In my Shadow, There is a pile of rust. That was you.

#83 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 09:32 PM

Symmenix said:

Yeah, now that you say it seriously, I understand. BUT you did miss something.

Miss something_

Symmenix said:

Console-specific games seem to ALWAYS look and run better on PS3. I'm talking about 'the last of us' 'kz3' 'uncharted' 'final fantasy'

Sorry but I have to do this. Do you know why they are called exclusive games_ (No duh intended)

Symmenix said:

Look at the last of us trailer, you'll see what I mean

LAST OF US IS A MOTHERFUCKING DISGRUNTLED PIECE OF SHIT.

*heart attack*

You really want to cause me some real medical issues don't ya...

#84 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 09:33 PM

Last of us looks fun :-[

#85 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 09:43 PM

Symmenix said:

Last of us looks fun :-[

You played this on left for dead how many times_ You played this on every modded call of duty zombie game. You played this on many other games. Hell we have this on Arma II. How many times you played Resident Evil_ How many games you played doing the same laundry work_ Just count.

Games are meant to evolve, not to repeat themselves doing the same concept all over again in a "LOST" island where you escape, escape and escape the same old Zombs. Is it fun_ Maybe, if it is done right with a multi player in mind or a challenging structure then it could really work. However these games do exactly the same.

#86 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 04:23 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

Games are meant to evolve, not to repeat themselves doing the same concept all over again in a "LOST" island where you escape, escape and escape the same old Zombs. Is it fun_ Maybe, if it is done right with a multi player in mind or a challenging structure then it could really work. However these games do exactly the same.
Games can evolve within a single design structure. Look at Fallout 2... Now look at Fallout 3. When you break a concept that was good by turning it into a hybrid shit I get annoyed.

There are very few zombie survival games that live up to the potential of the genre. There's still plenty to be done with it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND, Time for me to bitch. Your games are getting diluted by the console peasants_ Boo. Hoo. 4th ed got shat on by the massive market that is the WoW kiddies. In an attempt to win over new players several WORLDS worth of book series and campaigns essentially got shat on. Now to get a good game we have to either leave the fullness of the settings left behind and switch to Pathfinder, or play an old version of a game that isn't going to be able to draw people in.

And I'm stuck without a campaign because nobody wants to play a decent system.

#87 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 05:25 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

Varaka said:

Not really no.

Two things that really pisses me off.

The existence of console peasants and their peasantry.

Sounds like someone's butthurt about console fuedalism.

And I'm stuck without a campaign because nobody wants to play a decent system.

I hear you there... I gave up on my fourth attempt to run Iron Kingdoms' Witfire Triology due to a lack of interest. People were bothered by the fact that it was too gritty or the fact that it was such a detailed world that sometimes it was a little ridiculous to choose a certain class race combo, or class religion combo.  :x
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 05:48 AM

Arseface said:

Games can evolve within a single design structure. Look at Fallout 2... Now look at Fallout 3. When you break a concept that was good by turning it into a hybrid shit I get annoyed.

Don't mention that piece of shit of Fallout. The last one was horrid, boring, retarded and worst of all, pretentious.

#89 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 05:49 AM

GUEST!! said:

Sounds like someone's butthurt about console fuedalism.

PC feudalism should come again and put back the motherfucking consoles in the place they belong.

#90 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hm... Console peasants. A much larger base of people who get fewer luxuries than the people up top, but who ultimately support the people in charge, through tribute and money_ Who are ultimately reliant on the people in charge for what they have_

I don't know man... I really think it's already there.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#91 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 09:58 AM

http://thelastofus.com/agegate.html

This is Last of Us, you ninny. I believe it has a huge potential because of its setting, and the fact that it (seems) to have a story.

After all, im in for the fun.

#92 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 10:31 AM

On behalf of non-fanboy gamers everywhere, I want to offer you a high five.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#93 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 12:50 PM

*accepted*

#94 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 30 2012 - 01:33 PM

1000! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#95 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted April 30 2012 - 06:01 PM

Today my friend told me he was going to buy me an Ikaros body pillow for my birthday. My birthday is in September. :(
(/^▽^)/

#96 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 06:39 PM

GUEST!! said:

Hm... Console peasants. A much larger base of people who get fewer luxuries than the people up top, but who ultimately support the people in charge, through tribute and money_ Who are ultimately reliant on the people in charge for what they have_

I don't know man... I really think it's already there.

A larger base with low I Q. A larger base with distasteful preferences who blindly accept like cattle all the twists and turns of every ploy possible. These larger base, essential for a recessional time, downgrade the quality because their standards are low. Why_ Their low I Q doesn't allow them to think, value, understand and comprehend the importance of quality, sophistication and advance.

It sounds harsh but that's the truth. We get the shortest straw because low IQ baboons prefer straight forward hamster mazes. They prefer arrows to guide them, necrets and nuzzles to make them feel intelligent and witty. I think developers reward these players as child giving them achievements that takes no skill or intelligence to complete them.

Hawken is a game for PC gamers. It must remains for PC gamers and then port the game to Durango and Orbis. I don't want those other retarded consoles cutting corners in this amazing game. I think the game is destined to be released on consoles, however the PS3 and 360 are not the choices. So, save few bucks for the next batch of consoles. Adhesive will look into the future instead of getting stuck in the past.

Console peasants must learn to wait. ^^.

#97 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 06:46 PM

Symmenix said:

http://thelastofus.com/agegate.html

This is Last of Us, you ninny. I believe it has a huge potential because of its setting, and the fact that it (seems) to have a story.

After all, im in for the fun.

Again, don't post this motherf....piece of... in here.....

You are lucky that there are few mods in here., Besides, you know the exact words you deserve. I can't say such words or make such actions because I don't want my account banned.

.....^^....

#98 Symmenix

Symmenix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted April 30 2012 - 07:23 PM

So, your not in games for fun.._

That's why they're called games, you know..

#99 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted May 01 2012 - 05:04 AM

Symmenix said:

I'm into very few games of top quality. I'm extremely picky with my selection. Rarely I purchase two games per year or less. They have to be very good to be on my list.

#100 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted May 01 2012 - 05:42 AM

Symmenix said:

That's just silly, Symm. Fun is not in his vocabulary. He plays games to let the world know how hard his core is.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users