HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A bitch thread....: P

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#221 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:29 PM

Arseface said:

Mech Mechanic said:

Why I detest console peasants_

1. They don't know when to shut the motherfucking up
I really just wanted to quote this.

Mech Mechanic said:

Arseface has the word on this issue. He perfectly explained the problem.

Edit:

Dude, both those console threads were locked after you bombarded them for a reason. Please dont just carry on with it here. Were all tired of it. The issue has been settled man.

Posted Image

#222 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:34 PM

Would you guys stop the crap once and for all_  = ( Want more locked threads_ )

Edit: GREW has been faster than me here..

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#223 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ik aye dude. It just spontaniously appeared from no where. I think he's must be even quoting people from those locked threads....   :roll:

Posted Image

#224 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:44 PM

GREW said:

Dude, both those console threads were locked after you bombarded them for a reason. Please dont just carry on with it here. Were all tired of it. The issue has been settled man.

They had no reason to exist. So someone had to clean those up. It's my duty.

C:

#225 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:45 PM

GREW said:

Ik aye dude. It just spontaniously appeared from no where. I think he's must be even quoting people from those locked threads....   :roll:

Sometimes you have to put them on their place.

Now Grew, you know.....SHUT UP....

Thank you.

Those thread are history, that "hope" is history and those consoles will be history soon so there's no fucking reason to speak about those anymore.

#226 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted July 18 2012 - 04:03 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Those threads are history
...so there's no fucking reason to speak about those anymore.

:roll:

Posted Image

#227 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 18 2012 - 04:22 PM

GREW said:

:roll:

Grew.....SHUT UP.

You know...SHHHHH!

#228 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 08:23 AM

: 3.

Aaah, finally I took that out of my heart....

#229 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted August 16 2012 - 06:00 PM

Tired of NamcoBandai trying to get fans who already own the game to buy Dark Souls on PC by delaying the console DLC till winter.  Also PC people angry at the Dark Souls port for being no better than the console version. They should be happy they are finally getting this amazing game not whiny about how its 720p, 30fps, etc.

Also tired of Halo fans complaining about every addition to Halo 4 and that its not Halo 2.5.
(/^▽^)/

#230 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 08:11 PM

Some of you refuse to understand why I write my loaded words in this thread.....

After all the crybaby done to the mods why not go on extreme detail with this once and for all. I want to make patent that this is my thread and this is how express myself. I don't insult anyone in particular and I'm not violating any rules when I write my rebukes.  I don't need to go formal explaining my point of views because here is where I vent my frustrations with a loaded tone.  I hope these words becomes something worth reading with the formalities so "some users"  (and you know who you are) do not ask the moderators delete my thoughts. Now that I was formal, can you (all of you) respect my style and my points of view_ Do I have to be canonical in order to illustrate other users all the time_ Outside I'm a mathematics physics graduate and animator. I'm tired of formalities and I'm tired of being nice to others when these individuals try to raise confrontations with my points of view for no reason..

Consoles are way different than PCs. The console market came later after PC settled the standard technology.
Then came the decline and many developers opted to shift ships. The level of quality declined because games where squarely designed for consoles and then ported to PC. EA/Ubisoft/Activision degenerated the market with quick console ports as filler material. Then came the corruption of purchased score and the casual market.

PC still remains classical but the proliferation of generic material degenerated the status of the market. Some blame consoles other blame PC and their douche bag attitude. However there are facts we have to understand despite our bias. PC are for tech savvy and people who likes challenges. They are not devices for everyone. The idiot proof consoles are properly designed for a wider community like the casuals and young individuals. PC will always be more complete, capable and up to date. That doesn't discard the possibility of great games on both platforms. However every single game is designed on a PC and a dev kit.

Is the  console considered an inferior device_ No. It's a more convenient device where the price is cheaper for mass production and fabrication. Good and bad communities happens everywhere however the market of PC works under less restrictions than the PC market. These two giants are supposed to not collide with each other. Developers and principally the dumb ass imbeciles of investors and publishers tarnished the reputation of both markets treating them as the same. Each market has traditions, expectations and mannerisms. These retards, the financial guys who ruined everything, hijacked the market, the press and the score sites. There's no room for authenticity other than your beliefs and some youtube videos. These financial guys damaged the market beyond any possible repair. Now consoles dictates these waves of improvements in technology. PC always improves and is far from being static however the production of great games is greatly halted by those popcorn corporations like EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Crapcom among others.

But the greatest flaw of them all is the player. The player stopped being critical. The player stopped being selective and well educated in tastes. The player lose his time in fist fights over the net and in pointless fanaticism. The player stopped thinking what is a great game when to demand great games and how. The player lost all their power because they are behaving like mindless cattle. The source of this is the uncountable set of idiots that adds up each year through the generations. That force is one of the most destructive forces we are having now. The illiteracy and the idiocy of these players who go fanatic for this or that enterprise or franchise is why we got a severe decline on gaming quality. PC and consoles are deeply infested with these pests. That's why these pop corn markets makes a lot of money. And that's why the standards felt down ten years ago. When games like popcorn Halo, Call of Duty, Crysis II, III, ME I, II, III and the same for Assassins Creed. are considered high standards then we start to have serious trouble.

PC and consoles produces great games but they are not endorsed. PC and consoles produces great entertainment however this entertainment is not backed up or endorsed. Then you have what we have now, horse excrement. This excrement stinks, it's distasteful and frustrating.

The advantages of online play like ingame voice, text, screen shot sharing, video recording, sharing and exchanging, group formations, live streaming readily available should be the archetype for console gaming. I would be glad if console gaming increase in quality forcing PC increase their quality more of what they already have. Consoles should adopt level editing, free DLC form the community and paid DLC from developers. Consoles should allow free downloading of levels and modding PC to console. Instead of having a rivalry between PC and consoles, each peripheral should help and complement each other out when games are designed as multi platforms. Epic had the right idea but no one followed.

Does this flame bait thread discuss anything valuable other than the systemic degeneration of the industry_ Does this thread should be considered a good trolling attempt_ Should this be discussed_ Well it must be discussed so we don't get these threads ever again. Consoles users should know their position in the Darwin food chain and so PC players. When you purchase a device that is cheap then don't 'expect it to behave like an expensive device with all of its attributes. It's not going to surpass in terms of quality and practicality. Please don't expect miracles. Many of us who have PC obviously we have consoles and hand held devices. The population is a mixture. There are users who like one medium over the other. However each medium has specific qualities and attributes. We should not confuse those as we did in this generation.

We have to learn from history. Can we_ What about those things that baffles me in this current industry_...

1. The community supporting games from EA/Ubisoft/Microsoft/Activision.
2. Passive customers with bad tastes who base their choices on corrupted places like Metacritic.
3. The corruption of journalism and how companies purchase their pseudo scores.
4. Hypocritical giveaways of developers searching for better scores and members of devs writing a review of their games.
5. The idiocy of the brittle internet fist fight of who has the better toy, PC or console.
6. The brand loyalty to franchises, enterprises and publishers.
7. The short sight attitude of supporting lame productions, incomplete games, and worthless products.
8. The people who still purchase articles in Origin when these articles are 30 dollars or more under their internet price. (EA)
9. Users who come here defending their purchase so they will look less idiots than they already are.
10. Users who defends their consoles as if their devices where the best trying to look smarter than the other users.
11. How investors dictates the rules of game design and how investors intervene during the game design process.
12. How users support mainstream instead of top quality made by worthy developers.
13. The lack of help among peers and how they do not help each other to solve problems out.
14. Indifference towards corruption in every form.
15. Moralists who pretend to be righteous with their white knighting defending the best interest of industries.
16. People who lie in the industry. Developers, investors, chair mans, publishers, etc.
17. How developers treat all platform the same. That really baffles me.
18. How users stopped their demand for better products and sincere business practices.
19. Spamming and the lack of writing intelligent comments and insightful points of view on forums.
20. The arrogant attitude of developers who doesn't listen to their customers.
21. The illiterate nature of customers and their passive attitudes critiquing the whereabouts of the industry.
22. Yellow press.
23. Users who pretend to know more than developers and graphic designers.
24. Forecasters who try to guess every turn in the industry with far fetched theories.
25. Rehashes sold as new games, engine recycling, DLC packs games of FTP turned into blatant P2W experiences.
26. Rushed games due to deadline round tables imposed by investors and publishers.
27. Exclusion of level editors, the lack of philosophies like create, share and play, free DLC packs made by the community.
28. Thugs behind the mic, who trash talk everything, racists, annoying bickering kids, and arrogant pricks.
29. The justification of arrogance, idiocy and stupidity in every form.
30. Kinect and move, all the shift towards casual gaming.
31. The exaggerated over extension of this generation made by Microsoft and Sony.
32. Purchase of great developers like Notch ending them milked.
33. Sold out developers.
34. Some mods and their twisted vision of justice they had managing this and many other games and sites in general.
35. How some mods trolls, get away with it having some sense of superiority because they "humiliated some with a ban in a game"
36. Kids monitoring on kids who think that their opinion is more relevant than the opinion of others.
37. How companies are entitled to treat their clients like brain dead baboons.
38. Games turned linear and how they guide users with banners, lines and arrow as if all players where brain dead.
39. Aim bots, aim assist, regeneration health, regenerating shields, difficulty downgrading, reduction of complexity.
40. Fake game play with speed up video, fixed highres images, CGI faked game play, retouched images, and media hype.
41. Dubstep in advertisements, dubstep sound in videos games and dubstep as alien sounds.
42. Poor translation of movies turned into video games and lame video games turned into movies, and movie remakes.
43. Pseudo analysts, financial analysts, economists, investors who think they know better than developers.

There are other things that baffles me but those are the immediate ones. And thanks to those things diversity is ruined.

Diversity is the source and the source for change. Consoles are amazing machines constructed for game dedicated tasks and PCs are generalized machines that are customizable. However here is the problem and the most serious one. Publishers understood PC players and console players as the same demography doing main stream games for both.

First, there are amazing PC games and console games in each side and many PC players do own consoles because they recognize great games. When a developer focuses on consoles or PC your product is ten times better when you focus on a multi platform. A multi platform is designed with the lowest common denominator, in this case the 512 MB of Ram in the 360. I would like to see developers focus on games for consoles and games for PC independently. Publishers, economists and financial advisers harmed the wealth of the industry incorporating casuals into the mix.

There's no thing wrong on both fields. On the contrary, diversity is very positive as we are having now games on phones and tablets. However there should be differences on how you design a game for a PC player, a game for a console player and a game for someone with portables. It should be a different philosophy of design. You can't design the same game for PCs and consoles. They have different expectations, ages and demands.

Graphics means nothing to games if these games aren't fun. However graphics are very important for technology, game play and frame rate. New algorithms are important for advances and technological feats. In consoles there are amazing games so on PC however those titles are exclusives to each medium except few "exceptions". And those exceptions are very very very few.

Developers need to focus their attention to their respective audiences. You can't treat a graduate level in quantum physics like you treat a high school student who wants to study physics in college. You can't treat a well trained mathematician in classical mechanics the way you treat someone who is taking college physics for the first time. Developers should comprehend the inherited differences in each medium and the demands of each population in each medium. Adults, many of them enjoy playing games so they expect to be treated with a greater level of sophistication. Yes games can encompass many segments of the population but they should do it adequately.

What everyone wants_ Great games. What we have now_ A decrease, because developers are treating consoles machines as universal machines. Doesn't matter if they are inferior or superior. What matters is how they miss the point of treating all the players the same. That's the main problem. However when a developer pushes the boundaries on consoles, PC gamers want to have a scoop in it. When console players sees an amazing PC game, they work harder to get a piece of the action. However each medium should be addressed properly with all the particular attributes and implications of each media.

Consoles are fundamental to gaming and so is PC. Consoles should be considered and I want to see consoles reach the quality of PC games. I want console players enjoy the wealth of a very competitive game, with amazing graphics. I want console players understand what we enjoy and both parties experience higher standards. However there are dragging forces that pull us down. One of them are the pointless debates, diatribes and trolling threads like this one. The other one are how we look upon other peers. Those things should end. However we want to have our games for our needs. We want our hard core games, we want or sophisticated games and we want to share them with console players. Once console players experience high quality I can guarantee you that none of them will decide to go back. We have to stop arguing and feeling jealous of each other. PC players should invite console players to taste what we taste every day.

I want to see consoles reach the quality of PC gaming and I want PCs get a variety of great games. However we are stuck and we must move on, demand quality to get out of this deep well.

Here are the words deleted by Lavalamp written on a pure logical and pedagogical language.

I'm tired of Halo 4 and how the same format is endorsed through all the iterations. I'm tired of the same hamster maze levels where freedom is restricted with invisible boundaries. The 360 is cutting the extension of the game due to the low Ram in it (512 Mb). The franchise should evolve like Planet Side II. It should grow on scale and stop being simplistic with the game mechanics.

Another thing that I detest the must are users who pretend to see consoles as universal machines for game development. These individuals can't comprehend the level of sophistication on more complex games. They come writing arguments without any evidence or logic. They can't comprehend that users who mount their personal computers invest more money on hardware and equipment more capable than a SKU.

Consoles are not the problem. I have few closed systems like the 360 and PS3 in my home. However I'm aware what those hardware can pull of and what not. On consoles there are great games designed for the consoles. The problem lies on developers who pretend to generalize the ports with the lowest common denominator and the casual markets.

There's no sense of comprehension and apprehension between these console users who pretend to have the same game with the same parameters on hardware that is already eight years old. Games are not going to respond the same way on consoles in comparison to games developed for personal computers, the assets are not going to be the same and the efficiency, efficacy and effectiveness will be subscribed to the hardware (Ram, CPU, GPU, Video Card, Hard Disc Drive, and Motherboard).  

I'm done bitching for today....:3.

#231 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 09:00 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Lavalamp. This is my thread and this is how express myself. I don't insult anyone in particular and I'm not violating any rules.  I don't need to go formal explaining my point of views.  Here I wrote something worth reading with the formalities so "some users"  (and you know who you are) do not cry to the moderators. Could you (all of you) respect my style and my points of view_ Do I have to be canonical in order to illustrate other users_
You are more than welcome to express your opinions and feelings on this forum, so long as your posts are not inappropriate. Even when directed at no user in particular, vulgar is still not tolerated. Creating a thread for the sole purpose of bemoaning things is not sovereign and does not grant you immunity. When you registered for this forum you agreed to its terms, along with the understanding that we act at our own discretion under those same terms as well. Failure to follow those terms comes with consequences, it's as simple as that. If you have any personal concerns then I encourage you to contact me via PM.

#232 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 09:31 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

You are more than welcome to express your opinions and feelings on this forum, so long as your posts are not inappropriate.

I want to be inappropriate because formalities are ignored and skipped. I want to cut hard because being formal doesn't have the same impact. I could go on speaking about cognitive science and speak about apprehensive perception on a very pedagogical tone. However I'm not paid to illustrate you, your team or other users who read these words.

You want to settle standards on the forum and you want me to follow those formalities. However I have a strong anarchist inside me who go through the torments of a borderline personality disorder produced by the constant ignorance and incongruous idiocy of some individuals. Many may detest my arrogance and petulance. However no one sits back and ask why I go harsh on some items, ideas or why I'm loaded pasting a harsh perestroika in here_

I want to be inappropriate because that's the language this world understands, suffers and enjoy. Users no longer pull themselves together, they do not understand logic and common sense. No worst than that, they refuse to be logical, formally schematic and precise. There's no need for me to go through specifics because writing such rehearsals in many occasions falls in deaf ears.

Maybe, some harsh words could do the job and shake off the imbecility of some users who refuses to see. But then again, I have to play by your rules.

lavalamp1138 said:

Even when directed at no user in particular, vulgar is still not tolerated.

That's false. Some users felt offended by my comments and they reported back at you. This thread is intended to be vulgar, lumpen and filthy. It's a place where once again we become who we truly are. I don't go outside being vulgar. We all know the consequences of such actions. However this thread in the first post explains the purpose.

I want to be vulgar and insolent because that's the joke of it. When you read it you will think on an individual who is psychologically deformed with a chronic condition of schizophrenia and psychopathic "epileptic" tendencies. It's a thread trying to show an individual deformed by the inconsistencies of an industry in a recession.

lavalamp1138 said:

Creating a thread for the sole purpose of bemoaning things is not sovereign and does not grant you immunity.

False again.

You are using  the terms of use to this case as a scapegoat.  Your intention is to state who has the last word and who manages the restriction on such site. Users knocked your door fueled by hate against my persona with many intentions. Banning and baiting are their true purpose. I give them a hard time because in this world there's a reaction to every action.

However, they need to understand that I do not come here to be a 100 dollar bill. They need to understand that I'm blunt, direct and tough when needed.

lavalamp1138 said:

it's as simple as that. If you have any personal concerns then I encourage you to contact me via PM.

I know with exact precision the terms of use. However in the backyard you put a sack with the intention to load few punches in it when you have a bad day in the office, at work or in your daily life. We all have a spot where we download our frustrations and all our tribulations. I have my spot, you have yours. My comments are not meant to challenge your authority. However I think other users who knocked your door asking for help need must read this in order to know why I am the way I am.

I respect individuals when those individuals show attitudes and attributes of reasonable beings. However I'm intolerant and intransigent against excessive imbecility. Maybe you are intransigent with arrogant pricks like me who enjoy putting everybody in their respective place...:P (ironical words with double meaning)

See, we all are humans after all....^^.

Think about that....

#233 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted August 17 2012 - 04:57 AM

No one contacted me this time, Mech. I saw your post, realized it was excessively vulgar and inappropriate, and I edited it. Claiming that this thread is "intended to be vulgar," coupled with your dismissal of what I'm saying, shows me that you do not understand the terms you agreed to, meaning I have no choice but to lock this thread. Again, please remember that if you cannot abide by the terms, then you will face consequences.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users