HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A bitch thread....: P

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#181 Slagathor

Slagathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 06:03 AM

you people may think that consoles will fade out but they won't too many people will go for the cheaper user friendly and game specific platform of consoles. computers may be in everyday lives but the consoles will continue to get bigger and better and more and more used wether u like it or not and besides when has their been a computer game besides world of warcraft that was ever known to most of the public. call of duty, halo, and grand theft auto (among other great titles) have immortalized the console industry. if you took a poll of all of america and the rest of the world if u want and compared their common knowledge of the most popular pc games versus console games of that ountry i think conosoles would win the key board ad mouse will never beat the controler. so either go along with the times or fight em like george bush going after the ellusive invisible terrorism.

#182 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 07:59 AM

Slagathor said:

you people may think that consoles will fade out but they won't too many people will go for the cheaper user friendly and game specific platform of consoles. computers may be in everyday lives but the consoles will continue to get bigger and better and more and more used wether u like it or not and besides when has their been a computer game besides world of warcraft that was ever known to most of the public. call of duty, halo, and grand theft auto (among other great titles) have immortalized the console industry. if you took a poll of all of america and the rest of the world if u want and compared their common knowledge of the most popular pc games versus console games of that ountry i think conosoles would win the key board ad mouse will never beat the controler. so either go along with the times or fight em like george bush going after the ellusive invisible terrorism.

There are so many things wrong with this post.

Just the glaring ones I couldn't let pass me by:

1. Controller being better than Keyboard and mouse. False. Have you played Shadow run_ That was where you could play against people on PCs and consoles at the same time. PC players always dominated console players because they could react faster, and do more things at once.

2. Comparing not "going along with the times" to George Bush's war on terrorism is ridiculous, and is -without a doubt- flame/troll bait. Please have more maturity in your posts, we are all adults here.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#183 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 08:21 AM

Slagathor said:

ohicwutudidthar.

Nitris don't waste time on that lousy trolling flame bait....lol....

#184 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 10:24 AM

Slagathor said:

cheaper
It takes $200 to turn a shitty computer into a gaming rig.

It takes $200 to buy a console, you have to pay $40+ for all the games(steam sales can net you a newer game for $15), you run the risk of disc damage meaning a possible repurchase, if you're on XBawks you have to pay for live on top of internet.

Slagathor said:

user friendly
Everybody can run a computer. You don't even need to pop discs in, just click an icon on your desktop and it starts.

Slagathor said:

game specific platform
Smartglass

Slagathor said:

consoles will continue to get bigger and better
Computers get bigger and better at a more consistent rate. When was the last generation of consoles again_ When is the next_

Slagathor said:

when has their been a computer game besides world of warcraft that was ever known to most of the public
Doom, Half-Life, Starcraft, Command and Conquer, Crysis, and many, many more.

Slagathor said:

call of duty
On the PC

Slagathor said:

halo
On the PC

Slagathor said:

grand theft auto
On the PC, with mods that enhance gameplay

Slagathor said:

if you took a poll of all of america
You'd get a bunch of fat people that think the constitution should be based off the Bible.

Slagathor said:

the rest of the world
Either in a war, worse off economically than the US is, or smart enough to use PCs.

Slagathor said:

the key board ad mouse will never beat the controler
Why choose_ I can plug a controller into my PC and the m+kb wins.

Slagathor said:

so either go along with the times
and get a PC

Feeding trolls is a passtime of mine.

#185 WeirdBall

WeirdBall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted June 26 2012 - 06:09 PM

If I could I would upvote that post
weirdball's mantra

#186 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 04:40 AM

Arseface said:

Feeding trolls is a passtime of mine.

Oh, How nice...:P

We need more news on Hawken and the levels in it. We have seen three levels. I wonder how many levels will be on the final game.

Anyway, my time to bitch.....

Fucking consoles when they will pass away_ I'm tired of those pieces of shit and all the halt in the damn industry. When developers will risk it for an amazing game. Are we going to see indies doing amazing graphics while the rest of the industry caters on those motherfucking consoles_ Are these companies going to just continue doing retarded games for brain dead baboons and mentally impaired chimps.

Ah yeah, that fucking extended ending was more of the same shit in Mass Effect III, I'm glad that never invested a cent on that crock of shit.

#187 WeirdBall

WeirdBall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 02:18 PM

console games arent all bad even though i must agree that comp games are just at a higher standard.
weirdball's mantra

#188 Slagathor

Slagathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted June 27 2012 - 05:54 PM

i was wondering how pissed you guys would get if i posted that.

and u are right pcs should phase out consoles but only time will tell if it will truly happen

and dont hate cause i took the opposite side i just wanted to see if guys would get fired up and u did and it was awesome and the george bush thing was just for shits and giggles.

#189 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 03:42 AM

Slagathor said:

i was wondering how pissed you guys would get if i posted that.

and u are right pcs should phase out consoles but only time will tell if it will truly happen

and dont hate cause i took the opposite side i just wanted to see if guys would get fired up and u did and it was awesome and the george bush thing was just for shits and giggles.

There's space for one and only one arrogant cunt in here. That's me, you hear me. It's me.....: 3

#190 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 04:13 AM

Slagathor said:

i was wondering how pissed you guys would get if i posted that...

...i just wanted to see if guys would get fired up and u did and it was awesome and the george bush thing was just for shits and giggles.

So, you were intentionally trying to get a reaction_ How smart you must have felt when you did get one. Seriously, did you have nothing better to do_

Seeing as this is the bitch thread, let me just let loose for a second;

People who intentionally try to get reactions can all just fuck off. Go do something else with your time... like, go play a game, watch a vid on youtube, or have a wank or something I don't know. Because all you are doing is wasting other people's time.
I'm not trying to make this all "internet is serious business" like, its just I can't be fucked with having to read the vomit that gets spewed from the fingers of the trolls.

Please, you are dragging the forum down, and it will no doubt become another minecraft forum. BTW: Nothing wrong with MC, its just the forums are now so filled with shit that its not worth trying to trudge through to find the good stuff.

Slagathor said:

and dont hate cause i took the opposite side

Its not hate, its disagreement, and backing up with evidence... you know, the thing you are supposed to do in debates.

#191 Slagathor

Slagathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 05:55 AM

its a bitch thread on a game that hasnt come out i just wanted to help the thread get alittle more lively and if any of us are on the thread we all should have something better to do its a thread for people to bitch dont u have better things to do than get angry over consoles_

#192 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 29 2012 - 04:16 AM

Slagathor said:

its a bitch thread on a game that hasnt come out i just wanted to help the thread get alittle more lively and if any of us are on the thread we all should have something better to do its a thread for people to bitch dont u have better things to do than get angry over consoles_

First you have to learn your place on the Darwin's food chain. I'm the cunt around here, you are just my food. First thing first.

Second, we bitch in here about games, attitudes in the gaming industry and everything related to the gaming industry. We don't want trolls of any type, we don't need them, there's no place for them in here. If you want to troll, fine, do it. However you will achieve nothing being one. You see, I get angry at those pieces of motherfucking shit for lots of reasons. They put a halt on the gaming industry, every retarded dolt comes with pointless sequels, expensive DLC and awkward endings like the Mass Effect charlatan conclusions. I'm tired of seeing retarded excrement being sold at 59.95 usds. I'm tired of seeing toddlers financing weak rehearsals and sequels for their consoles. I'm tired of all the shit we have to get through in order to enjoy a great game.

You see, it's supposed to see Hawken as an ordinary title. Why it won so meny awards and mentions_ You know why_ Because no fucking one is doing motherfucking nothing for the industry. It looks like everybody is in a Boycott while Adhesive and few others works day and night on their titles. It's supposed to have Hawken and Planet Side II as quotidian titles. But no the fucking consoles are main streaming gaming and gimping quality for players. We have the excrement of Halo and all the other iterations and clones of Call of Duty including Call of Duty. We have wastes of times like Dragon Age and that crap of Witcher 2 (a console game disguised as a PC game with cute graphics). We have lots and lots of things going wrong because investors are bent on making money at all cost. They try to multiply their profits the cheapest way possible. The don't want to fucking invest.

I have lots of reasons to bitch. I have lots of reasons to be a fucking cunt and an arrogant prick with many things. I have reasons to be an intolerant asshole to many things. It's only here where I do those things. And right now I'm starting to detest corporal trolls and trolls from other forums. It's time we get our shit together and start supporting the people who make great games for the community. Why we don't have great things like Machinarium remake, more games like Journey, more games like Limbo, Trine I, Trine II. Why we don't have more games like Planet Side II, Hawken, Homeworld II. Why we don't have more games like Mincraft or Amnesia. Sure I could rant all day and night about the industry but you know what, EA, Bioware, Crytek, Ubisoft don't give a fuck. Why should I care when all these companies including Nintendo prefer to "FUCK THE FUTURE"

Why should should we care_ This is one of the best games being made and the forums are fucking empty. It's supposed to be clouded with people asking for Hawken. It should be cluttered with people giving suggestions, asking questions showing interest for something being made for us. This is exactly what pisses me off. Something good is made and no one gives a fuck about it. This is the exact attitude that makes me say "You fucks, you deserve shit, yeah that's right" "Suck that shit on consoles for the rest of your fucking pathetic life, you fuckholes", "that's the shit you deserve for being shit, stupid squirts". It really pisses me off to no end when people simply consume products of low quality.

I'm done for now with my bitchin'.......

#193 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 05:54 PM

Fuck competitive gaming.

It's hurting the industry.
EDIT: And making the communities even worse.

#194 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 01 2012 - 06:29 PM

Arseface said:

Fuck competitive gaming.

Wholeheartedly agree.

#195 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 06:08 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

Arseface said:

Fuck competitive gaming.

Wholeheartedly agree.

I assume you guys mean the elitist fuckwits that think they are above the masses, just because they are in some kind of clan/guild/league/tournament. If so, then yes I agree.

It happens to me a lot. I play lots of games, so often find myself with or against players with fancy clan tags that think they are the dogs bollocks. Its not until I kick their asses, or just make their score look like shit in comparison to mine (if they are on the same team) that they leave or start calling hacks, exploits, lag, or they just begin slagging me off in some way or another.

Do these people think that just because I'm not flying a tag that I've never flown one, and that I'm simply not skilled enough to be a member of a clan_
Have they stopped to think that I could just be not flying it so I don't draw attention to myself_

Seriously, its just some symbols, letters and numbers added to your alias. It doesn't mean shit, and it most certainly does not make you any better than the next person.

#196 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 07:26 AM

Nitris said:

I assume you guys mean the elitist fuckwits that think they are above the masses, just because they are in some kind of clan/guild/league/tournament. If so, then yes I agree.
Actually I mean the focus the industry is making on turning titles "competitive". It's producing games made to cater to those fuckwits that infuriates me.

Single match queuing was designed for ladders. You get people playing against as many people as possible and try to get them into games with people of their level so that they can climb the boards.

The problem with the system is that it's completely horrendous for anybody outside that ladder community.
Multiplayer is about having fun with people. When you're guaranteed to never meet a person again they just become an NPC that loses games for you. Lobbies, servers, and strings of games with the same people turn gaming from a strictly competition passtime to a somewhat social one.

You know how in grade school sports you end up talking to people on the other team occasionally_ Sometimes making friends and saying nice things, other times poking childish insults because trash talk is fun.
You can't really do that with just one game. Trash talk and insults become the only option.

And I have a HUGE gripe of mine is how bans are being handled.

Bans need to be handled by the community, and restricted to the community in question. Banning a person from everything leads to ban evasion. Banning a person from a server leads to them moving somewhere else. It allows for looser and stricter communities to develop around how players want to play(allow racist slurs or ban the second somebody uses the word crap).

When you shove everybody into a single queue the bans start being handled by the developers. You get banned from everything at that point and people start evading and ducking bans instead of making the rounds like hackers usually do.

I've been on servers that gave everybody that joined aimbots. You know what_ I had fun. Everybody was just playing around not taking anything seriously. It was a harmless server plugin.

And then there's the whole "depth" thing. Particularly out of the moba crowd.

DotA was essentially people stripping down a game to make it easier to control. They were stripping depth and adding players to make up for it. Now they're ranting when other games do the same thing and calling them noobs that don't understand depth. I don't care if you find those games fun, don't tell me they're the end-all-be-all of strategy.

And the counterstrike fanboys. It's a shooter. You shoot people in the head and they die. Skillz man, skillz.
You know why it's "competitive"_ Because it's fucking old. People know everything about it and as such they cling to it.

I am all for allowing people to set up tournaments and spectator and all those fun things. I am wholeheartedly against the rampant elitism, shafting of the normal community features, and horrendous e-peen centric features like permanent stat tracking. Looking at past stats is fine, but when it becomes permanent all it becomes is e-peen.

And now games are being modeled after the "competitive" titles because everybody wants their hands in MLG. Instead of innovating, or heaven forbid, taking the fun elements from games they're taking the bland, depthless mechanics that the "hardcore" players continually swear by just to defend the game that fuels their e-peen.

Companies aren't looking to make games, they're looking to make spectator sports what they have a monopoly on. Not allowing anybody to play by any rules but their own is spiteful. When you play football in the back yard how many rules do you bend to get it to work for you_ When you play monopoly how many people allow that free parking shenanigans_ When you pull out the D&D books how many rules do you just flat out ignore because they take too long to work with_

"You can't do that with video games because we want to ensure the integrity of the experience for everybody"
"Late joins can't be worked in because it'd ruin the elo trackers"
"We can't let you play against friends because they might help you out"
"We need to encourage snowballing because it makes pubstomps easier while having no effect on even games"
Fuck you. I want to play a damned game.

Fuck matchmaking. Fuck bans. Fuck hardcoreness.
Fuck MLG. It may not be a problem in itself, but the focus on it in recent years is a cancer.

It's worse than consoles holding things back in my opinion because it effects the game I play.

#197 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 09:08 AM

Nitris said:

I assume you guys mean the fuckwits that think they are above the masses, just because they are in some kind of clan/guild/league/tournament. If so, then yes I agree.

Yes exactly those dumb ass low life fuckholes among others.

#198 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 09:31 AM

Arseface said:

It's equally worse in comparison to consoles holding things back in my opinion because it effects the game I play.

I had to fix your sentence.

The motherfucking consoles produced that type of competitive gaming during the last 10 years. I blame those games, the fucking consoles and all the dimwits who supports that type of play.

#199 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:07 PM

Arseface said:

Nitris said:

Actually I mean the focus the industry is making on turning titles "competitive". It's producing games made to cater to those fuckwits that infuriates me.

Single match queuing was designed for ladders. You get people playing against as many people as possible and try to get them into games with people of their level so that they can climb the boards.

The problem with the system is that it's completely horrendous for anybody outside that ladder community.
Multiplayer is about having fun with people. When you're guaranteed to never meet a person again they just become an NPC that loses games for you. Lobbies, servers, and strings of games with the same people turn gaming from a strictly competition passtime to a somewhat social one.

You know how in grade school sports you end up talking to people on the other team occasionally_ Sometimes making friends and saying nice things, other times poking childish insults because trash talk is fun.
You can't really do that with just one game. Trash talk and insults become the only option.

And I have a HUGE gripe of mine is how bans are being handled.

Bans need to be handled by the community, and restricted to the community in question. Banning a person from everything leads to ban evasion. Banning a person from a server leads to them moving somewhere else. It allows for looser and stricter communities to develop around how players want to play(allow racist slurs or ban the second somebody uses the word crap).

When you shove everybody into a single queue the bans start being handled by the developers. You get banned from everything at that point and people start evading and ducking bans instead of making the rounds like hackers usually do.

I've been on servers that gave everybody that joined aimbots. You know what_ I had fun. Everybody was just playing around not taking anything seriously. It was a harmless server plugin.

And then there's the whole "depth" thing. Particularly out of the moba crowd.

DotA was essentially people stripping down a game to make it easier to control. They were stripping depth and adding players to make up for it. Now they're ranting when other games do the same thing and calling them noobs that don't understand depth. I don't care if you find those games fun, don't tell me they're the end-all-be-all of strategy.

And the counterstrike fanboys. It's a shooter. You shoot people in the head and they die. Skillz man, skillz.
You know why it's "competitive"_ Because it's fucking old. People know everything about it and as such they cling to it.

I am all for allowing people to set up tournaments and spectator and all those fun things. I am wholeheartedly against the rampant elitism, shafting of the normal community features, and horrendous e-peen centric features like permanent stat tracking. Looking at past stats is fine, but when it becomes permanent all it becomes is e-peen.

And now games are being modeled after the "competitive" titles because everybody wants their hands in MLG. Instead of innovating, or heaven forbid, taking the fun elements from games they're taking the bland, depthless mechanics that the "hardcore" players continually swear by just to defend the game that fuels their e-peen.

Companies aren't looking to make games, they're looking to make spectator sports what they have a monopoly on. Not allowing anybody to play by any rules but their own is spiteful. When you play football in the back yard how many rules do you bend to get it to work for you_ When you play monopoly how many people allow that free parking shenanigans_ When you pull out the D&D books how many rules do you just flat out ignore because they take too long to work with_

"You can't do that with video games because we want to ensure the integrity of the experience for everybody"
"Late joins can't be worked in because it'd ruin the elo trackers"
"We can't let you play against friends because they might help you out"
"We need to encourage snowballing because it makes pubstomps easier while having no effect on even games"
Fuck you. I want to play a damned game.

Fuck matchmaking. Fuck bans. Fuck hardcoreness.
Fuck MLG. It may not be a problem in itself, but the focus on it in recent years is a cancer.

It's worse than consoles holding things back in my opinion because it effects the game I play.

You said it perfectly. Fun in games is being removed to make the "competitive" group happy. These are the same damn people that want automatic weapons nerfed or removed because they require no skill and can kill them at close range when they insist on using a long range weapon, yet theuy are allowed to affect the game for everybody. Things like this need to end.
(/^▽^)/

#200 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 02 2012 - 01:09 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Arseface said:

It's equally worse in comparison to consoles holding things back in my opinion because it effects the game I play.

I had to fix your sentence.

The motherfucking consoles produced that type of competitive gaming during the last 10 years. I blame those games, the fucking consoles and all the dimwits who supports that type of play.

While I don't agree with the console bit I do agree that the hardcore "competitive"community is ruining games.
(/^▽^)/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users