HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A bitch thread....: P

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#201 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 02:19 PM

Varaka said:

...These are the same damn people that want automatic weapons nerfed or removed because they require no skill and can kill them at close range when they insist on using a long range weapon, yet theuy are allowed to affect the game for everybody...

Eh, to me that sounds like a description of the "vocal noob".

Also, by the sounds of it, I don't think you guys are using the right word, when you say competitive... Do you mean a try-hard_ (lulz console controller :mrgreen: )

Even a semi-competent pro/competitive player would already know to use the better weapon for the job. Knowing that x weapon beats y weapon, under z scenario, the reasons for, AND the exceptions of said scenario (be it range, cover, powerup, ammo, positioning, etc) are crucial in making effecive plays and strategies.

99 times out of 100 the people who cry "nerf!" or "buff!" don't know how to use what they want changed, are just butt hurt because someone kicked thier ass, or are stuck up on some misplaced "code of honour" for not wanting to use an "op/broken" weapon/char/etc.

Anyway. Maybe I'm old fasioned, but when I played competitively in Q3, and some CS, I never once wanted to have some kind of rank system for the pub servers I joined, or the players I would meet.
If I was doing well in a particular server, I'd have some fun.
If I wanted more of a challenge, I'd go looking for it myself.

I didn't need nor want an overbearing system saying "HEY THIS IS WHAT WE THINK YOU ARE, AND THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU SHOULD PLAY WITH! K BAI!" or some other bullshit system trying to categorise me, and pick which games I could play.
Not only that, but seeing as there was no system in Q3 or CS, everybody made do without it absolutely fine.

I mean come on. What if I felt like going onto a random server that gave everyone the railgun, and turned on instagib_ Some of the best times and coolest people were met in that game type. For crying out loud, I met the UK champ for Q3 instagib in game, got talking and found out that he lived a 5 min walk from my house! We've been great friends IRL ever since!

Its just not possible for things like this to happen with a match making system. I'd never have gotten anywhere near his matches, because I only played instagib for fun, but for him it was making him real life money at tournaments, kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

Arseface said:

And the counterstrike fanboys. It's a shooter. You shoot people in the head and they die. Skillz man, skillz.
And come on now, I too can dumb down any game and its mechanics that you put in front of me if I really wanted to.
You, I and everyone else knows it is not as simple as that.

Also, your point on games being modeled after the "competitive" titles_ If only.
Not to sound fanboyish, but the most played games out there will include the Quake games, the Unreal Tourney games, the CS games, a couple of RTS games (starcraft) and a whole heap of beat 'em up games.
What these games have in common, is that they do not include any of the bullshit systems that are being stuffed into games today. It was/is all done outside of the game, using either 3rd party software, or simply by teams agreeing on a website or whatever, and then everyone joining the right server at the right time, or even turning up to the right convention hall or place in the world, at the right time.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#202 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 02 2012 - 02:51 PM

My fucking tooth hurts!

Damn fucking useless tooth!!!

Am I off-topic_ - Fuck it! ................ shit happens............ pulling my self together.... FUCKING TOOTH!!!

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#203 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 02 2012 - 04:50 PM

The_Silencer said:

My fucking tooth hurts!

Am I off-topic_ - Fuck it! ................ shit happens............ pulling my self together.... FUCKING TOOTH!!!

Its a bitch thread. You're bitching.  Therefore you are on-topic.
(/^▽^)/

#204 icTus

icTus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hahaha, really do love how every forum has one of these. Love it!

#205 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 02 2012 - 06:16 PM

Varaka said:

While I don't agree with the console bit I do agree that the hardcore "competitive"community is ruining games.

The motherfucking console should rot in hell.

To the rest...

You fuckin' bitches makes me feel proud. Keep the bitching on....^^.

#206 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 02 2012 - 06:38 PM

There was a mousepad delay so my copy of the School Days HQ collectors edition will be delayed getting to me.

Doesn't matter. Still excited. Bitched a little. Felt better.
(/^▽^)/

#207 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 07 2012 - 06:32 AM

We need the enterprises understand this.

The industry is asking for newer graphics, progress, better technology and fresh ideas.

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER RETARDED MOTHERFUCKING ...WIIU....ENOUGH OF THAT SHIT....

ENOUGH!!!

http://www.fmvmagazine.com/_p=9403

"It’s all downhill from here thanks to Blizzard, Activision, Nintendo and EA (always EA). Nice one guys."

Fucking dolts......Thanks to these team of industrious morons gaming is deeply getting ruined.

#208 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 09 2012 - 04:24 PM

Adhesive what the fuck is wrong with you guys. Don't port that game on the PS3. You are going to fuck and gimp the shit out of it.

Money should not be your immediate ambition. You are going to hurt the game and all the good things you already achieved. Don't fall for that money shit. You will have it with a solid installed base but drop the MOTHERFUCKING current consoles. Wait for the PS4 and Durango.

Just don't be ..........mmK_

#209 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 09 2012 - 05:02 PM

School Days came out.  still haven't gotten my copy and I hear the game is buggy as hell.
(/^▽^)/

#210 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 09 2012 - 08:20 PM

Varaka said:

The_Silencer said:

My fucking tooth hurts!

Posted Image
(Lol.. you were so serious up there. Thanks anyways..). :P

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#211 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 09 2012 - 11:09 PM

The_Silencer said:

Varaka said:

The_Silencer said:

My fucking tooth hurts!

Posted Image
(Lol.. you were so serious up there. Thanks anyways..). :P

Lol. No problem.
(/^▽^)/

#212 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 01:21 PM

Why the fuck does my avatar keep getting borked_

I haven't been dicking around in my account settings or anything...

*huff*

#213 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 01:32 PM

Nitris said:

Why the fuck does my avatar keep getting borked_

I haven't been dicking around in my account settings or anything...

*huff*
It's not just you. It's one of the lingering glitches from when the forum moved sites. Every so often the control panel will reset the profile's avatar to what it was before the move.

#214 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 03:23 PM

Huh I was sure it was the same image on the old forum too...

#215 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 12 2012 - 07:11 PM

My broken motherfucking clavicle hurts.......

#216 Riboflavin

Riboflavin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted July 14 2012 - 11:17 AM

Why do we need a bitch thread_ Isn't that what the whole internet is for_
You never know until you try, and then it's too late.

#217 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 14 2012 - 05:00 PM

Riboflavin said:

Why do we need a bitch thread_ Isn't that what the whole internet is for_

We need a bitch thread so you can bitch in it like you are doing right now....:P

#218 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 07:10 PM

Time to bitch again.

But with relief.

Finally we got rid of those motherfucking stupid console threads.

#219 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:05 PM

GasClown said:

And that's how you're going to waste your life away... trolling forums, poor dear soul.   What a waste of air.

Who came trolling that forum_ You. So again who's wasting his life_

axe99 said:

@ Mech Mechanic - Trading games, Civilization V, something nice and easy. So far, what you've (by your own admission) done in this thread reflects pretty poorly on your level of emotional development and, as asserted by GasClown originally, paints PC elitists in a pretty bad light. Fortunately, most of us multi-platform gamers (I'm a PC _and_ console gamer, not a 'console peasant' as you suggested earlier) know that not all PC gamers are like yourself.

Clueless like no other.

With all honesty looks like they don't read. This is why I bitch about clueless console peasants. Many of us have many platforms but not all the games are meant for the platforms. Some games are good on PC and others for consoles. What piss me off is how these console peasants pretend to have every PC game on their consoles. My job was to clean up those threads and get rid of any miss conception about the game.

Why I detest console peasants_

1. They don't know when to shut the motherfucking up and when to get the fuck out.
2. They don't know when their consoles are getting old.
3. They pretend to put every game in their motherfucking consoles.
4. These scum bags want every awesome game when their consoles are cheap.
5. They can't accept the fact that they deserve shit.
6. They grow butthurt when a console game doesn't live up to the PC counterpart.

: P

[JOKE ASIDE, just to make it clear]

No seriously, not every game is destined for consoles. There are great games for both platforms. Learn to have your place. We need our games too as you need yours. We want quality and we want something for our community. You have lots of good titles we enjoy too. Many of us are multi platform players. However we recognize where and when each game must go. Hawken is a game for PC.

That's that. Deal with it and stop making threads about those old horses. Period. You will have your game on the next generation of platforms so learn to wait.

#220 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 18 2012 - 03:26 PM

Mech Mechanic said:

Why I detest console peasants_

1. They don't know when to shut the motherfucking up
I really just wanted to quote this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic