HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken & SweetFX Mod

Game Community Update

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 jackmehaf

jackmehaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 26 2014 - 04:05 PM

What folder do i extract it to_ and will it work with a gt 430_

#22 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted June 26 2014 - 04:32 PM

now that somebody opened this thread again,i will ask if someone can send me via pm some SweatFX configures(I am afraid to change it myself cause I don't know what I am doing :P )or describe me what to change.I have one already but it decreases my fps by 10,its steady but its a loss,also i like at the one i already have that the game isn't as grey as it is normally.thanks in advance!

#23 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 26 2014 - 05:08 PM

wow I totally forgot about this thread. I have a new sweetfx config that removes the greenish tint from the game and keeps the colors looking natural and not so overblown as that first preset if anyone is interested in it. I'll post some screenshots later.

View Postjackmehaf, on June 26 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

What folder do i extract it to_ and will it work with a gt 430_

just extract all the files from the sweetfx folder/zip to wherever the game's main executable file is. should be C: program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Hawken/binaries/Win32 - it works the same way with most other dx9/10 games as well. it should work just fine with your gpu, you'll only see performance drops when you start to pile on lots of effects at once. hawken in particular is a very cpu-intensive game so you may see a slight drop in overall framerate when using sweetfx depending on your configuration.
Posted Image

#24 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted June 27 2014 - 03:51 AM

Beefsweat,if you can except the pics post the configure too,thanks!

#25 Knat

Knat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted June 27 2014 - 05:10 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on June 26 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

wow I totally forgot about this thread. I have a new sweetfx config that removes the greenish tint from the game and keeps the colors looking natural and not so overblown as that first preset if anyone is interested in it. I'll post some screenshots later.

Yes please post that config. This greenish is not looking to good. Thanks. :)

#26 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 27 2014 - 12:09 PM

ok, here's the current sweetfx configuration I'm rocking.

http://pastebin.com/c41XpW3w

and here are some quick comparison shots I took, sorry for the compression. all in-game graphics settings are at max with no grain effect

http://imgur.com/a/3qeNw#0

Edited by Beefsweat, June 27 2014 - 12:33 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 27 2014 - 02:35 PM

Beefsweat these are lovely man. Subtle but beautiful enhancements. Sorry I missed the OP dude.  ;)
Posted Image

#28 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted June 27 2014 - 02:42 PM

I like how it looks, the sharper contrast actually makes the game feel... I dunno more grimy but clear (hard to explain)_  Imo, it definitely looks better.

View PostOdinous, on June 26 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

now that somebody opened this thread again,i will ask if someone can send me via pm some SweatFX configures(I am afraid to change it myself cause I don't know what I am doing :P )or describe me what to change.I have one already but it decreases my fps by 10,its steady but its a loss,also i like at the one i already have that the game isn't as grey as it is normally.thanks in advance!
Posted Image

I admit, that I'm the same way. xD

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, June 27 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#29 TwentyFirstPilot

TwentyFirstPilot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationCanterstomp, Mechquestria

Posted June 27 2014 - 02:42 PM

View PostBeefsweat, on June 27 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

and here are some quick comparison shots I took, sorry for the compression. all in-game graphics settings are at max with no grain effect

Doesn't look like that big of a change. Does it look more interesting in game_

Aspiring Professional Yolodriver

View PostAmidatelion, on May 24 2014 - 01:36 AM, said:

Yeah, but dude, we are at 1750. As much as we would like to be Professional Yolodrivers like you [Meraple] and Lightangel112, we're not there yet. It's something to aspire to, sure, but there's a lot of ground to cover.

View Postcomic_sans, on October 31 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

SS, you wanna fight me_  I'm druuuuuunk_____ You could maybe win_!!

#30 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 27 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostTwentyFirstPilot, on June 27 2014 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostBeefsweat, on June 27 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

Doesn't look like that big of a change. Does it look more interesting in game_

its not intended to be a huge change, not as much as my first silly preset at least. I've got another preset that kind of tonemaps the game more towards the processed prototype gameplay footage but personally it's not a huge in-game difference - just an aesthetic touch that I prefer. you're free to customize sweetfx however you want to get all kinds of looks out of it, should you so desire
Posted Image

#31 Knat

Knat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted June 28 2014 - 02:06 AM

Thank you for posting that. :) Glad you don't have the hdr turned on because then i would not use it. :P

#32 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted June 29 2014 - 06:11 AM

beef for some reason your preset makes my hawken to not start,when I tried to copy your setting to my existing preset it made the game to start but on white screen(I need to ~ so its turned off so I can see anything)any ideas_i think I must tweak something but don't know what :P

#33 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted June 29 2014 - 08:36 AM

weird Odinous, maybe try downloading the latest version of sweetfx, copying the files to the game's exe directory and just editing the settings in the config instead of directly copy and pasting my config. that's caused some issues for me sometimes. it could also have something to do with the shaders themselves though I'm not the resident expert on sweetfx... if nothing else works try searching around the internet as some folks have reported that same exact problem when using sweetfx in other games
Posted Image

#34 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 01 2014 - 02:24 AM

I found a new preset from official page of SweetFX which I like tbh,its a bit dark,no grey at all,so my question is,is there anything i can tweak from these options to increase a bit my fps_is it possible_

Edited by Odinous, July 01 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#35 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted July 01 2014 - 08:43 AM

Great thread.

Made my own SweetFX to get rid of all that oversaturation and make Hawken a little grittier.

http://imgur.com/1Pe...Mv7Q2,mIUfp7v#0
(Right side is SweetFX)

Edited by Kopra, July 01 2014 - 08:44 AM.

#36 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted July 01 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostOdinous, on July 01 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

I found a new preset from official page of SweetFX which I like tbh,its a bit dark,no grey at all,so my question is,is there anything i can tweak from these options to increase a bit my fps_is it possible_

the most expensive effects are usually SMAA antialiasing, HDR, bloom and lumasharpening. dithering can also cut into fps a bit. if you're using AA I'd try FXAA first over SMAA as the former is a post-process effect while the latter is actively processed by your cpu and thus takes more cpu power away from the game itself.

View PostKopra, on July 01 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Great thread.

Made my own SweetFX to get rid of all that oversaturation and make Hawken a little grittier.

(Right side is SweetFX)

this looks really nice, pretty similar to my own 'less color, more grit' preset. care to share_
Posted Image

#37 Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationTurku, Finland

Posted July 01 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostBeefsweat, on July 01 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

View PostOdinous, on July 01 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

the most expensive effects are usually SMAA antialiasing, HDR, bloom and lumasharpening. dithering can also cut into fps a bit. if you're using AA I'd try FXAA first over SMAA as the former is a post-process effect while the latter is actively processed by your cpu and thus takes more cpu power away from the game itself.

View PostKopra, on July 01 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Great thread.

(Right side is SweetFX)

this looks really nice, pretty similar to my own 'less color, more grit' preset. care to share_

http://pastebin.com/ygighWzt

#38 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted July 01 2014 - 01:59 PM

View PostKopra, on July 01 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

cheers! I just tested this out in-game and it looks great. I've updated the OP with information about sweetfx and installation as well as hawken-specific presets as well.

Edited by Beefsweat, July 01 2014 - 02:00 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 01 2014 - 02:27 PM

thank you all for this great thread and Beefsweat for the extra info!!!

Edited by Odinous, July 01 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#40 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted July 01 2014 - 03:20 PM

I don't get it,while I got one preset working normally,yours guys making my screen completely white if the injector is on... any ideas of what I am doing wrong_

Edited by Odinous, July 01 2014 - 06:12 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users