HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Are you in a Clan_

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: Clans_ (579 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you in a clan or not_

1. I'm not in one (222 votes [38.34%])

Percentage of vote: 38.34%

2. I'm in one (136 votes [23.49%])

Percentage of vote: 23.49%

3. Never will be in one (26 votes [4.49%])

Percentage of vote: 4.49%

4. Not yet in one (195 votes [33.68%])

Percentage of vote: 33.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 kinc2000

kinc2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 11:37 PM

never will be in one as there r too many whiners, spamers and idiots

#22 Hrono

Hrono

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 05:50 AM

Whats the point_

#23 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostHrono, on February 02 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

Whats the point_
game gets boring rly fast when ur only pubstomping, at least for me ;]

Edited by Jintonic, February 02 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#24 RisorialScion

RisorialScion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 07:17 AM

Since there is no clansupport, there is no use in joining one anyways. On top of that, I only play UK because of latency and matchmaking always searches forever even without 'selected clanbattles'. Also, I've not been very lucky with clans lately, they always want to dictate when I play, what I play and how I play. Quite idiotic playing a game you forcibly aren't allowed to enjoy as you have to meet expectations of douches.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle

The hands of the many must join as one
And together we'll cross the river

#25 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted February 02 2013 - 09:43 PM

I know a lot of people that have had bad experience's with clan in other games and its happens. I would shop around and join a clans mumble, teamspeak, or ventrillo and see what their all about. If you dont like the clan, move on to the next one until you find what your looking for. A clan can bring friends,fun times, and improvements on your skill level. Every clan isn't the same, so dont judge a book by its cover.

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#26 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted February 06 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostDER3Z, on February 02 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

I know a lot of people that have had bad experience's with clan in other games and its happens. I would shop around and join a clans mumble, teamspeak, or ventrillo and see what their all about. If you dont like the clan, move on to the next one until you find what your looking for. A clan can bring friends,fun times, and improvements on your skill level. Every clan isn't the same, so dont judge a book by its cover.

Basically, don't join the BSB. We're a bunch of fuzzy bunnies and will make fun of those ridiculous high heels  you're wearing with your dress.

I mean, seriously. How can you wear those off-colored high heels with that red dress_! It INFURIATES me!!

Edited by Brave_Sir_Robin, February 06 2013 - 07:09 AM.

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#27 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 05:13 PM

I am a tree... That is all
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#28 Spirtikus

Spirtikus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 07 2013 - 11:00 PM

Im currently not in one, but im thinking of making one EU clan.
Posted Image

#29 WAVER

WAVER

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 03:32 AM

Spiritikus dont make one. Join us!
NEW ADDRESS- europeandevils.enjin.com
Posted Image

#30 Osune

Osune

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 04:16 PM

I too have my bad experiences with clans. But after all my friends didnt want to play Hawken or prefer MechWorrier i recently joined "Blue Vengeance".
It's a german speaking Clan (beeing german myself, it's a plus) with ts.

As far as it goes i'm happy with my decision. They are nice people and there is no pressure or dictator ship.
But it's fun to have people to play with more coordinated ( you dont have to XD).

Disclamer:
all i said is truly my own opinion and i was not forced to say this. i wasnt threaten to drink motor oil and no gun was pointed to my head. ;D

Also when i introduced myself to the clan i clearly stated that i might have a strict timeshedule and only if they can accept my limitations ( in time and skill ;) ) i'll join. So scout ahead guys and find nice people =)

Edited by Osune, February 21 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#31 Alexstar

Alexstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 12:21 PM

what is the point of a clan_ I don't get it... isn't it better to go solo_

#32 Manimat

Manimat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGrenoble, France

Posted February 22 2013 - 01:33 PM

I'm not in a clan, i don't know what it is and, as a french guy, i don't think i can join one due to my AWESOME english skills.

#33 Pestmeister

Pestmeister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted February 23 2013 - 11:37 PM

Where's the 'I AM a clan' option_
"Aim for the groin!"

#34 Alastor_Crow

Alastor_Crow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted February 24 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm in BSB but until Hawken implements MM browser and/or official clan groupings, it doesn't mean that much since I'm usually not active on BSB's voip.

@Alexstar: As someone who's had several clans over the past decade and a half, I can vouch that in most cases, they improve my enjoyment of the game since my IRL friends usually don't play the same games I do or they aren't as active. Organized play, sharing the experience with a community who has the same interest as you, and a few other good reasons. As long as you're not the type to get sucked into online drama and weird e-relationships, I'd say join one. I'm still friends with several of my old guild/clan mates even though we haven't played games for a long time. If it's not for you though, that's alright.

Edited by Alastor_Crow, February 24 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Posted Image

#35 RustedGolem

RustedGolem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMust you know_

Posted February 25 2013 - 02:05 PM

Since I just arrived back at Hawken (I haven't been here since Alpha Test 2), I'm not in a Clan as of currently.
Even the strongest mecha rust away with time, but that doesn't mean they can't fight.

Posted Image

#36 J_Wizzle

J_Wizzle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWhat is this "Location"_

Posted February 26 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostRechtglaubig, on January 30 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Clans just aren't my thing.  I have tried them in other games and either have to leave or get kicked out because of my work schedule, family/real life, or because I get tired of the pressure of having to play when, where, or how the clan decides they are playing.  Sometimes I either don't want to run voice chat (don't want some clown dropping the F-bomb with my kids standing there watching me play) or I would rather listen to music instead of hearing clan members crying about dying or I can't run chat because it is late at night and I don't want to wake the house .  Come to think about it, my wife is right I am getting to be an "old cranky hermit".  :D
Same. I especially find it tiresome when they require you to sign up, or worse, "apply" to join their clan. This is a game; not a job. :/

#37 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 27 2013 - 07:58 AM

Just as side note:
I'd suggest one more option for the poll -> Not yet.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#38 Majic12

Majic12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm currently living with 3 other guys in a flat where the walls are made of paper. I don't want to bother them with nerd rage via mumble late at night. Though I've had a pretty successful clan going on back in CS1.6 times and I know how much fun it can be, I also know all the drama that can ensue. Currently, I'm waiting to see what happens with the game and the community. Perhaps will start something small in the future with some guys that I know well and that want to, but as of now I don't have any intentions. Also, those large groups/communities that are currently building the base of clans in this game don't appeal to me much.
[Pilot Error]

#39 DoctorSprocket

DoctorSprocket

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostRechtglaubig, on January 30 2013 - 11:41 PM, said:

Clans just aren't my thing.  I have tried them in other games and either have to leave or get kicked out because of my work schedule, family/real life, or because I get tired of the pressure of having to play when, where, or how the clan decides they are playing.  Sometimes I either don't want to run voice chat (don't want some clown dropping the F-bomb with my kids standing there watching me play) or I would rather listen to music instead of hearing clan members crying about dying or I can't run chat because it is late at night and I don't want to wake the house .  Come to think about it, my wife is right I am getting to be an "old cranky hermit".  :D
These are the exact same reasons why I don't join clans. Except I'm an old chill hermit. But I'm way too young for this old man business.

Edit: people need to make a pilot mask that muffled your yells into a small whisper with a mic inside so you can rage in peace like an angry mime.

Edited by DoctorSprocket, March 02 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#40 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted March 03 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on February 27 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Just as side note:
I'd suggest one more option for the poll -> Not yet.
Okay I'll do that.
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users