HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Make Camera Shake _Mandatory_

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#141 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on February 11 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

If the shakiness causes you "Vomit all over your screen" than any fps should make you queasy.

Some do, some don't.
Depends on headbob/camera shake, FOV and a number of other things.
I already set the FOV on this game @ about 90 because otherwise, i get sick even with shake on minimum.
As an example, i can't play Half Life 2 without extremely modding the .ini settings, because i literally throw up after about 2 minutes of playing.
well good job for pushing through this disability to play these games, but that still leaves the question of why you care if I don't want to play with you because you aren't using any camera shake.
Why should you get special treatment because you have decided to put yourself at a disadvantage (as you claim)_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#142 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:12 PM

If the shakiness causes you "Vomit all over your screen" than any fps should make you queasy.

Some do, some don't.
I already set the FOV on this game @ about 90 because otherwise, i get sick even with shake on minimum.
As an example, i can't play Half Life 2 without extremely modding the .ini settings, because i literally throw up after about 2 minutes of playing.
well good job for pushing through this disability to play these games, but that still leaves the question of why you care if I don't want to play with you because you aren't using any camera shake.

There simply aren't enough people right now playing Hawken to go around splitting up the community even further, that or MM is so broke that it seems like no one is playing..  1.  wait for the server browser -and- 2. wait for more people to start romping about in Hawken before even thinking of segregating people in this game.

#143 smashbro35

smashbro35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 11 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Some do, some don't.
Why should you get special treatment because you have decided to put yourself at a disadvantage (as you claim)_
it's not special treatment to want to play with others that use the default setting.

#144 smashbro35

smashbro35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostNBShoot_me, on February 11 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Some do, some don't.

There simply aren't enough people right now playing Hawken to go around splitting up the community even further, that or MM is so broke that it seems like no one is playing..  1.  wait for the server browser -and- 2. wait for more people to start romping about in Hawken before even thinking of segregating people in this game.
1)how do you know haw many people play Hawken_ These forums are pretty active, considering only a small amount of players actually come here I'd say the numbers couldn't be that bad. I do agree that such a feature would be best in a server browser, but it would still work without one.

#145 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:37 PM

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Some do, some don't.
it's not special treatment to want to play with others that use the default setting.
By that logic, screen resolution, FOV, and mouse sensitivity are all valid reasons to split the player base.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#146 smashbro35

smashbro35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 11 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Some do, some don't.
By that logic, screen resolution, FOV, and mouse sensitivity are all valid reasons to split the player base.
what_ No, not at all. No one is claiming that those affect difficulty.

#147 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:56 PM

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

View PostNBShoot_me, on February 11 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Some do, some don't.

1)how do you know haw many people play Hawken_ These forums are pretty active, considering only a small amount of players actually come here I'd say the numbers couldn't be that bad. I do agree that such a feature would be best in a server browser, but it would still work without one.

The exact number is something that neither you nor I have, but the numerous threads out there complaining about empty servers and long wait times in empty queues would INDICATE that there is either a deficiency in the player count or MM, both of which were covered in my post.. Regardless of why people are complaining, it’s important to note that THEY ARE COMPLAINING, which means it might be premature to start cutting chunks of the community off from one another anymore than the four different game modes already have.

Lastly, a paltry user count on the board that’s in the 250’ish range, of which only 70 people as I’m looking at it are actually registered users.. that’s not very active for a game that depends on people forking over money continuously for funding.  Those numbers should improve, but if that’s a reflection on the player base, even if it’s a SMALL chunk of the player base, it still would indicate that the player base here is small.. but until the ADH or meteor folks start posting concurrent user numbers, we’ll never REALLY know, but it’s also not a number I’d honestly expect them to release unless it was stellar, and even then..

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

FOV alone can affect how effective a player is in an online FPS..  it's a lot easier to not get blind sighted when you can see more than what is just immediately in front of you.

Edited by NBShoot_me, February 11 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#148 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 11 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Except that they do affect performance.
A lower screen resolution can result in better frames per second. Tweaking your FOV can increase situational awareness (high FOV) or precision (low FOV). If you have the wrong mouse sensitivity, it will greatly impact your ability to aim.

By your logic, because certain settings provide advantages when changed from the default, people should be allowed to separate themselves and play only with people who share the same settings, since they have decided to put themselves at a disadvantage.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, February 11 2013 - 05:05 PM.

AJK is right

#149 smashbro35

smashbro35

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm done, this is a stupid argument, you don't use reason, and I will never win, you will always change your argument when I disprove your other. You will never change your view, no matter how correct I am, this dumb and so are you I'm out of this flame, maybe I'll see you in another (but hopefully not).

#150 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:00 PM

View Postsmashbro35, on February 11 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

I'm done, this is a stupid argument, you don't use reason, and I will never win, you will always change your argument when I disprove your other. You will never change your view, no matter how correct I am, this dumb and so are you I'm out of this flame, maybe I'll see you in another (but hopefully not).

.... all I saw was this:

something something something something something something, and I will never win, something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something something.

Posted Image

#151 Calaban619

Calaban619

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 10:16 PM

Trying to put all this Thread Hijacking, Flame-War, Quote Spamming aside...

I would appreciate some feedback on what the DEVELOPER'S think about the whole hardcore option suggestion_

PS: From the beginning I was of the opinion "to each their own- but let us have our own". Nothing stopping those who cant handle camera shake from simply staying away from these (match) options, and whining to be included is just arguing for arguing's sake. Its like women trying to get into an exclusive all male golf club. They dont want to actually PLAY, they just want to not be denied. (Or maybe they just like to Nag)

#152 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostCalaban619, on February 12 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Trying to put all this Thread Hijacking, Flame-War, Quote Spamming aside...

I would appreciate some feedback on what the DEVELOPER'S think about the whole hardcore option suggestion_

PS: From the beginning I was of the opinion "to each their own- but let us have our own". Nothing stopping those who cant handle camera shake from simply staying away from these (match) options, and whining to be included is just arguing for arguing's sake. Its like women trying to get into an exclusive all male golf club. They dont want to actually PLAY, they just want to not be denied. (Or maybe they just like to Nag)

Stop nagging. :P  Honestly, if you want to know what the devs think, how about you PM or email them_  :rolleyes:

#153 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:27 PM

Actually, I do use reason. If you give up, that is your own choice. My argument has remained fairly consistent I would say.
Also, asserting that you are correct does not actually make you correct. You need to be able to back up your arguments.

On another note, who wants to take bets that smashbro is actually Gagzila's smurf account_

AJK is right

#154 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 12 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

On another note, who wants to take bets that smashbro is actually Gagzila's smurf account_

I might want to bet...
What are the odds _ B)
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#155 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 13 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on February 12 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Sorry to disappoint your sorry arse, but I do not stoop to such tactics...I've simply stopped trying to reason with two brick walls.

I see by my profile "Latest Visitors" that you've been keeping tabs on me...didn't realise I had a fan ^_^.

Calaban, you've got the right of it mate.

Cheers,

Gagzila

Edited by Gagzila, February 13 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Posted Image

#156 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted February 13 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostGagzila, on February 13 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Calaban, you've got the right of it mate.
So why do camera shake people deserve special treatment_

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, February 13 2013 - 06:01 AM.

AJK is right

#157 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 04:53 PM

I demand servers where camera shake is forced off!!! :P

#158 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted February 15 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostNBShoot_me, on February 15 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Can't have one without the other ;)

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#159 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostGagzila, on February 15 2013 - 10:58 PM, said:

View PostNBShoot_me, on February 15 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Can't have one without the other ;)

Cheers,

Gagzila

Like bacon and eggs.  mmmm... bacon.....

#160 ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 11:53 PM

Great idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users