HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Introducing Your HAWKEN Community Team

Community

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 14 2012 - 06:45 PM

Was the relaunch of PlayHawken.com and fresh forums not enough new for one day_ In that case, read on and be introduced to your new HAWKEN Community Team: Batgirl and Scapes!

Kristin “Batgirl” Reilly:

Hi everyone! I'm one of the Senior Community Managers (along with Scapes) here at Meteor Entertainment. I’m very excited to get back to my roots of first person shooter games. I’ve played games since I was little (we actually used them as family time in my household) and quickly discovered a love for FPS titles. I’ve created and nurtured communities for companies like Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and En Masse Entertainment. Before actually getting paid to do this, I ran communities on a volunteer basis starting at the age of 14. I’m super stoked to be able to bring you the latest on HAWKEN and hear what everyone has to say about it! In the meantime, if you enjoy random tweets about chihuahuas, you’re more than welcome to follow my personal Twitter account: @Batgirl

Evan “Scapes” Berman:

Greetings, fellow mech pilots! My name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I am a Senior Community Manager here at Meteor Entertainment. I began my gamer life with an Apple IIC playing memorable two-tone titles held on floppy floppies. First embarking online when ISPs charged per minute and Geocities was tapping into the urge to Facebook before “social media” was a term, it was only natural that my love of multiplayer would lead to a position at Flagship Studios, taking me away from advertising firm Crispin Porter + Bogusky and across the nation to join a new industry. Originally a Hellgate: London fansite operator, I used my new official role to liaise between players and developers for the improvement of the game. Most recently, I championed and developed the TERA community as one of the first employees at En Masse Entertainment.

I’m very excited to be a member of the talented team here at Meteor Entertainment. My inner gamer, forged in late nights of MechWarrior II, is thrilled to be working on HAWKEN, a title that heralds the proud return of the mech genre. Feel free to follow my personal Twitter account: @Scapes

When we’re not launching Hellfire missiles at each other in-game, you’ll find the pair of us trolling around on the official forums, fansites, and writing for HAWKEN’s Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. We look forward to e-meeting you all there!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#2 Kyrzon

Kyrzon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, WA

Posted September 15 2012 - 02:01 AM

Did not know there was a r/Hawken setup! Good information in here!

#3 KnightNeurotic

KnightNeurotic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 16 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, r/Hawken's been up for a while, but it's been pretty quiet. Hopefully that all changes when Alpha 2 comes out. Well, assuming the NDA is ok with it.

Nice to meet you, Batgirl and Scapes :)

#4 insergent

insergent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 04:00 PM

im a newbie, im sorry to say but can a nyone please help me out with downloading the game__

#5 Zacam

Zacam

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 04:17 PM

Once the game becomes available for download, it should be pretty straight forward.

Right now it is in closed Alpha stage, following that will be Beta. As of right now, there is nothing to download.

#6 fraxyl

fraxyl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 18 2012 - 02:51 AM

The K is backwards!_ :o

I... am sure this was unintentional. :ph34r:

Hello community overlords! I am hoping you're meaning that you trawl the forums and not troll as trolls tend not to foster a welcoming community atmosphere what with the giant clubs and hateful remarks. :lol:

#7 yuio678

yuio678

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 03:43 AM

I just received the email for setting up an official Hawken account just now and a newbie as well. I'm looking forward to playing this game and relive those adrenaline rush moments of zipping around with a mech, sort like that arcade game Virtual On. Though this game will be quite different with its sense of weight with movement.

It's a pleasure to meet you both Batgirl and Scapes!

#8 Zixiss

Zixiss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 05:12 AM

Good to hear and see progress, haven't heard much in a while. Looking forward to seeing more. 84 days will go fast and yet...take...so...long

#9 Symm3tric

Symm3tric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 08:20 AM

Nice to meet you both. I'm really excited to be part of the community here.

#10 GunsnButter

GunsnButter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • LocationMS, USA

Posted September 18 2012 - 09:02 AM

Nice to meet the people who will be feeding us all the juicy morsels of information! (and telling the devs what kinds of juicy morsels of information / game / etc we want as well) :D

#11 BlazeOn

BlazeOn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hello new friends. I do not envy the task put in front of you. That said, i'm looking forward to interacting with you guys.

#12 Warwolf

Warwolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted September 18 2012 - 10:20 AM

Can't wait to see this game in action!

#13 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hello to all the Community Managers and new members of the Hawken community....I'm so excited to see a Mech game [of this caliber] finally being released after so long an absence from the gaming scene and looking forward to it's success.
But just curious, what other projects will Meteor Entertainment be working on once Hawken is completed _
I hope many more to come.

*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#14 UnderGrowth

UnderGrowth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostScapes, on September 14 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Was the relaunch of PlayHawken.com and fresh forums not enough new for one day_ In that case, read on and be introduced to your new HAWKEN Community Team: Batgirl and Scapes!

Kristin “Batgirl” Reilly:

Hi everyone! I'm one of the Senior Community Managers (along with Scapes) here at Meteor Entertainment. I’m very excited to get back to my roots of first person shooter games. I’ve played games since I was little (we actually used them as family time in my household) and quickly discovered a love for FPS titles. I’ve created and nurtured communities for companies like Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, and En Masse Entertainment. Before actually getting paid to do this, I ran communities on a volunteer basis starting at the age of 14. I’m super stoked to be able to bring you the latest on HAWKEN and hear what everyone has to say about it! In the meantime, if you enjoy random tweets about chihuahuas, you’re more than welcome to follow my personal Twitter account: @Batgirl

Evan “Scapes” Berman:

Greetings, fellow mech pilots! My name is Evan "Scapes" Berman and I am a Senior Community Manager here at Meteor Entertainment. I began my gamer life with an Apple IIC playing memorable two-tone titles held on floppy floppies. First embarking online when ISPs charged per minute and Geocities was tapping into the urge to Facebook before “social media” was a term, it was only natural that my love of multiplayer would lead to a position at Flagship Studios, taking me away from advertising firm Crispin Porter + Bogusky and across the nation to join a new industry. Originally a Hellgate: London fansite operator, I used my new official role to liaise between players and developers for the improvement of the game. Most recently, I championed and developed the TERA community as one of the first employees at En Masse Entertainment.

I’m very excited to be a member of the talented team here at Meteor Entertainment. My inner gamer, forged in late nights of MechWarrior II, is thrilled to be working on HAWKEN, a title that heralds the proud return of the mech genre. Feel free to follow my personal Twitter account: @Scapes

When we’re not launching Hellfire missiles at each other in-game, you’ll find the pair of us trolling around on the official forums, fansites, and writing for HAWKEN’s Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit. We look forward to e-meeting you all there!

O.O

So this is where you guys went. Congrats on finding a new home.

#15 HeadTribunii

HeadTribunii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUxbridge,ON,Canada

Posted September 18 2012 - 02:19 PM

As i am not sure and im pretty sure Meteor games isnt sure but is this defniatly coming out on xbox360
Gamertag=Cursedgam3r

#16 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted September 18 2012 - 02:25 PM

Dont mess with Batgirl ... I already got one Batarang today ... and her aim is good.  =P

Thus far the Community Admins have been extremely helpful.   That makes me very excited to see how this community interacts with its Admins.

Edited by SmaCkexe, September 18 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Berk

Berk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi all. I can't wait to play Hawken :) See you around the forums.

#18 Siris

Siris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:24 AM

I really can't wait for this game, it has me so hyped up right now Dx

#19 Xtrazyx

Xtrazyx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hi.Waiting for beta to begin.Seems to be a great game.Have to pawn and get pawned.
Life is a struggle we all loose. Very funny indeed...

#20 TheBlueMuzzy

TheBlueMuzzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for watching over us you two! I've been spreading the word like the ebola virus. Here are some questions I don't expect you to answer, but would love one regardless:

- Is this PC only_ or other platforms as well_
- When, approximately, will beta begin_ There are only three months before release!
- Do we get to choose each part of the mech like in Front Mission_
- How come this was called a "hybrid"_
- Is there a story mode_
- Is there a skill tree of sorts_ I LOVE earning upgrades. Mini-rewards make the world go round.

I understand if you can't answer some of those due to NDA or due to it being a silly question.
Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users