HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Introducing Your HAWKEN Community Team

Community

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 fAbo

fAbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:35 AM

i cant wait :)

#22 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:10 AM

View Postinsergent, on September 17 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

im a newbie, im sorry to say but can a nyone please help me out with downloading the game__

HAWKEN is not yet available for download!

View Postfraxyl, on September 18 2012 - 02:51 AM, said:

I am hoping you're meaning that you trawl the forums and not troll as trolls tend not to foster a welcoming community atmosphere what with the giant clubs and hateful remarks.

No, no, we mean "troll". Affectionately.

View PostZixiss, on September 18 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Good to hear and see progress, haven't heard much in a while. Looking forward to seeing more. 84 days will go fast and yet...take...so...long

We're just getting started. :)

View PostSymm3tric, on September 18 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

Nice to meet you both. I'm really excited to be part of the community here.

Good to have you aboard!

View PostDieselCat, on September 18 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

But just curious, what other projects will Meteor Entertainment be working on once Hawken is completed _ I hope many more to come.

Long/short answer: yup!

View PostUnderGrowth, on September 18 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

So this is where you guys went. Congrats on finding a new home.

Thank you and hello again!

View PostSmaCkexe, on September 18 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Thus far the Community Admins have been extremely helpful.   That makes me very excited to see how this community interacts with its Admins.

Us too!

View PostTheBlueMuzzy, on September 19 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

- Is this PC only_ or other platforms as well_
- When, approximately, will beta begin_ There are only three months before release!
- Do we get to choose each part of the mech like in Front Mission_
- How come this was called a "hybrid"_
- Is there a story mode_
- Is there a skill tree of sorts_ I LOVE earning upgrades. Mini-rewards make the world go round.

- HAWKEN is currently PC only. We're exploring other platforms.
- Closed Beta will begin Soon™. Open Beta begins December 12, 2012.
- HAWKEN won "Best Hybrid" at PAX Prime 2012 from MMORPG.com due to its combination of instanced battles and persistent metagame.
- We'll be revealing more details about HAWKEN's gameplay element in the coming weeks.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#23 mechpilot0001

mechpilot0001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:46 AM

As your President I commend you on your hard work protecting this nation from the Hawken virus and providing the means to blow stuff up. I expect great things from this and if you need any more stimulus I can shuffle funds for you. Also, I demand a beta mech suit for personal use, Mitt has been getting on my nerves lately....

Edited by Barak_Obama, September 19 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#24 TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted September 19 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostBarak_Obama, on September 19 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

As your President I commend you on your hard work protecting this nation from the Hawken virus and providing the means to blow stuff up. I expect great things from this and if you need any more stimulus I can shuffle funds for you. Also, I demand a beta mech suit for personal use, Mitt has been getting on my nerves lately....
Obama has spoken!!!!!!

#25 T3chnicality

T3chnicality

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationFlushing, New York

Posted September 19 2012 - 06:07 PM

It's good to meet you both! I loved my hellgate London, I've got the special edition right behind me as I type this lol. GO ahead call me name  and ish!

From what i've been seeing in the vids, Hawken is exactly what i wanted when my sis and I popped armored core into our PS1. Can't wait for the beta to come!

Also i like monkeys :D
You can assume what kind of person I am...but you'd be wrong

Posted Image

#26 Johno7aa

Johno7aa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 04:41 AM

Hey Everyone =)
Great to meet you Batgirl & Scapes.
BRILLIANT that there is going to be a new mech game YAY.. in the past I have played with much glee all the Mechwarrior games of the past.

Thankyou for what your doing.

Rock ON,
Johno.

#27 Chimichaga

Chimichaga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:06 PM

I just hope theres plenty of places to hide while i eat my microwaveable burritos

#28 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi Guys, I'm just posting here and I would like to say Thank You! I really love Mech games and I really hope that HAWKEN will turn out to be a Great one!

I'm also hoping that HAWKEN will help me achieve my own Goals because it's my dream to eventually get to design, build, and pilot a Giant Robot (Or to at least make a Robot Vehicle similar to Kuratas and get to pilot that :D ) so I consider all of this part of my Training for that Dream of mine!.....Or at least it's a type of Training for me when I'm taking a break from actual Engineering stuff lol

So here's to HAWKEN, You Guys, and me working very hard to make a Real Giant Robot in the Future! ^_^

Edited by JakatoX, September 20 2012 - 05:43 PM.

The Living Human Mecha Encyclopedia!

Posted Image

http://youtube.com/Studios24U

#29 FloRidaShane

FloRidaShane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

Posted September 23 2012 - 10:03 AM

Cool Hawken Reddit can't wait to get started!
"You stay classy San Diego"

#30 Erical

Erical

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 29 2012 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for sending me a invite :D. I am looking forward to have lots of fun (Killing everyone around me)

#31 TonyTakeDown

TonyTakeDown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCorona,CA

Posted September 29 2012 - 02:45 PM

This should easily win game of the year.

Edited by TonyTakeDown, September 29 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#32 GrimXXMastr

GrimXXMastr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostTheBlueMuzzy, on September 19 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Thanks for watching over us you two! I've been spreading the word like the ebola virus. Here are some questions I don't expect you to answer, but would love one regardless:

- Is this PC only_ or other platforms as well_
- When, approximately, will beta begin_ There are only three months before release!
- Do we get to choose each part of the mech like in Front Mission_
- How come this was called a "hybrid"_
- Is there a story mode_
- Is there a skill tree of sorts_ I LOVE earning upgrades. Mini-rewards make the world go round.

I understand if you can't answer some of those due to NDA or due to it being a silly question.
Thanks!

My understanding is PC, 360. dunno of other consoles.
as far as building maybe an alpha player can fill in more i do know there are 3 basic loadouts (classes) Light medium and Heavy though my info may be old.... my friend got alpha yet has only talked to me long enough to say its awesome, and im going to go play some more....

#33 VertoPrime

VertoPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationHawaii (Oahu) USA

Posted October 16 2012 - 05:59 AM

I arrived late by boat and only now I found this thread... Hi Community Team looking forward to working with you and your help with concerns.
Posted Image
Win7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon ™ II X4 620 2.60 GHz, 6GB ram, Geforce GTX550 Ti 2gb

#34 ANTAG

ANTAG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarsaw Indiana

Posted October 19 2012 - 03:15 PM

hi all ime new to all this and want to sa hi to one and all and as i fumble threw all this and learn how to do this ime looking forward to getting to know all you fine people and learn lots from you all i can use all the help i can get ty

#35 Pixelested

Pixelested

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationBill Murray's Space Jam Mansion

Posted October 23 2012 - 04:42 PM

I am very much looking forward to this game. Most of my life, I enjoyed playing MMO titles since I was age 12, and before that were other assortments of games, but I have taken a liking to how FPS's have moved so far in the phase of online gaming over the years. Although I wasn't much of the FPS-goer, playing games like CS back in the day, I always enjoyed the Armored Core-esque styles of shooters, and it's a wonder to see just the videos for this game's preview, and imagine what it will be like upon successful release. As others might have asked, I am curious to know the core development for characters that we create and manage, as well as our pilot's mechs and the upgrades we all may customize with in due time.

Other than that, I cannot wait to possibly test this game! Mechs are finally coming back!

Edited by Pixelested, October 23 2012 - 04:42 PM.

"In a world void of absolute truth, opinion prevails."

#36 MiStar

MiStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted October 26 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hello Scapes and Batgirl. I want to play this game and fast. The wait is killing me. Totally ready to go. :D

#37 ANTAG

ANTAG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarsaw Indiana

Posted October 30 2012 - 05:15 AM

I just want to say ausom love it will in the future be a practice area for newbies to town up there ability to use the controles better_ i admit ime a bit slow and stare at my keybord alot lol may be a stupid question but practice and getting killed several hundred times will make me a better mech pilot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users