HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who wants some lego mechs_

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:18 AM

I would purchase straight up plans and gather the parts myself if I could.
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#42 DeVact

DeVact

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Locationall over the place

Posted March 01 2013 - 07:35 AM

Wow, the brawler looks awesome!

I'd definitely buy one IF you were to go through the hassle of shipping to the EU (costs on me of course).
As for Warpigs questions: Would love to assemble it myself if I had some sort of manual or even just more detailed pictures.

Also, I vote for Reaper/Rocketeer for the next lego mech

DarkPulse said:

... less than witnessing Elvis crash a UFO into the Loch Ness Monster, seeing Bigfoot crawl out of the smoking wreckage, opening a wormhole in space, and then getting picked up by ET, Lando Calrissian, and an Arilou Lalee'Lay in the Space Battleship Yamato.

Posted Image

#43 ScHizNiK

ScHizNiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 01 2013 - 09:09 AM

T_T

so beautiful

I approve of lego!

Posted Image

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

#44 Wiggles

Wiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 10:48 AM

I'd definitely prefer to build it myself. If you don't choose to sell them, would you be willing to post instructions online_ I need to have one of these. :lol:

#45 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 01 2013 - 01:21 PM

If I bought one of these, I would prefer to assemble it myself (more fun that way!). Plus, shipping a pre-assembled version of these would be extremely difficult. Unless it was glued together and packed in a way to not move one bit, it would fall apart during shipping (going off my very distant memory of how well Legos hold together).

Posted Image

#46 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted March 01 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'd love instructions or a parts list with a 360 view. I'm pretty sure I have most of the parts.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#47 illgot

illgot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostNotKjell, on February 27 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

So I kinda just realized HOW unhelpful of a response that was. At 700 bricks I'd guess 50-100 + shipping for pre-assembled. It definitely won't go much below 50, and I can't imagine it going much beyond 100 as everything is made out of mostly common small parts which are the cheap ones.

you do realize you have a monopoly on the market and are still charging less than Lego would for a similar set_ great job btw

#48 Brevillance

Brevillance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationComputer Chair

Posted March 04 2013 - 05:19 PM

i would buy that off of you xD thats amazin.

Posted Image

#49 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 05:28 PM

Soo awesome!  Amazing work for sure.  Now my son wants one.

#50 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 05:50 PM

Lol, thanks. I'm currently working on an instruction manual and waiting on a quote that's taking longer than expected. Should be able to say how much one should cost in the next few days.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#51 Wiggles

Wiggles

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 05:57 PM

OH! Also, is this thing minifig scale_ Will I be able to put a lego pilot inside of it_

#52 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 06:17 PM

Huh, would you look at that. It turned out almost exactly to minifig scale, judging by the guy standing next to the mechs in the garage. I wasn't thinking about minifigs when making it though, so it does not open to for them. When I get the pieces in hand to make one, I will try and see if I can successfully hollow out the torso and adapt it for a minifig. It very well could become too fragile by doing so, so no guarantees. But I will try.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#53 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted March 04 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostElix, on February 27 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I said it in chat during the Cockpit tonight, and I'll say it again: LEGO Cuusoo these! Someone made a Fred mech, so, it can be done. :D

Use scrap pieces, done. B)

EDIT: Would buy official LEGO sets of these mechs.

Edited by Frouste, March 04 2013 - 06:40 PM.

"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#54 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted March 04 2013 - 07:05 PM

Dude, that is freaking incredible. How on earth did you make it look so accurate_

You, sir, win.

#55 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted March 04 2013 - 09:36 PM

Wow, frontpage and The Cockpit shout-out as well! Congrats, NotKjell! :)

Posted Image

#56 SmirkingRevenge

SmirkingRevenge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 12:11 AM

Would totally dig getting me one of these, including postage to Aus :)  No way in hell would I want someone to assemble it for me... that sh*t is my responsibility!!!!!

#57 Lloyd_Asplund

Lloyd_Asplund

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted March 05 2013 - 12:06 PM

http://english.stack.../legos-not-lego
"That contradiction might kill you one day."

#58 Null_Wing

Null_Wing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • LocationThe Zone, Harmont

Posted March 05 2013 - 12:10 PM

I've always liked the look of the medium class mechs (except for the FRED, it's just so plain). I think you should do one of them (including the upcoming raider. Bruiser (Heifram) and Assault (Brommens) have always been my favorites as far as their looks are concerned.

what software did you use to plan that out_ was it some kind of CAD software with a lego plugin/mod or just some ordinary cad software where you downloaded (or created) the models for the pieces.

Edited by Null_Wing, March 05 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Professional Freelance Bum
When The Subject Of Spam Is Broached, Our Sparing Human Intellects Instantly Assume The Most Ingratiating Form Of Anger Imaginable. (and we tend to start our own spam for fun after that)

#59 WhiteStripedScarf

WhiteStripedScarf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationThe Evergreen state

Posted March 05 2013 - 12:36 PM

The Hawken art style and geometry lends itself to Lego constructs so well. If I had the parts I would make every mech in the game. . . twice. Any idea when a parts list/instructions and a general price range will be released_ I desperately need to make these.

#60 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted March 05 2013 - 04:18 PM

I WANT IT GIMME bruiser and rocketeer would be awesome you have my money too bad I cant buy it from you,, no im not buying it online either so ya just wanted to say ITS EPIC
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users