HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Who wants some lego mechs_

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#1 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:32 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just to be a bit of a tease, going to be making and giving away one Brawler on the cockpit at PAX. Brawler stands about 6.5-7" tall with ~700 bricks and is fully articulated, with the CR-T clocking in around 350 bricks. Brawler can kinda go to turret mode, though the devs had to cheat geometry or something for turret mode to get as small as it is in game. Still, it was interesting to make and if anyone was interesting in one or another mech I could try and make those.

Going to be making Reaper next. Unless I deem it impossible

Update:

View PostNotKjell, on March 10 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

As far as making kits for people, I have not gotten a yes OR no back from any devs I have bugged. However considering devs themselves have expressed interest and I have not been told not to I will be moving forward on them. It will still take some time though, as due to some miscommunication I have only just ordered the parts today (though it should all arrive in time for PAX). For the original brawler I simply want to double check that it builds and holds itself together properly first before giving out any kits etc.

Edited by NotKjell, March 10 2013 - 11:16 AM.

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#2 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:33 PM

Our Lawyers say YES! YES!
< TEXT-FIELD >

#3 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:36 PM

Ah Legos, a good part of my childhood summed up into one word. Although walking around barefoot at night it would be more of a sonofa fuzzy bunny!!!!! Those would be awesome to have.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#4 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:37 PM

*inhale*

DomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoffDomoff

Domoff. Do a Domoff chassis.

Draco

#5 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:38 PM

I just [REDACTED].

[REDACTED] hard.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#6 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:47 PM

I said it in chat during the Cockpit tonight, and I'll say it again: LEGO Cuusoo these! Someone made a Fred mech, so, it can be done. :D

Oooor, post the parts list, since LEGO lets you pick-and-mix and special order exact pieces. Instructions would be helpful, although with ~700 bricks, I can understand that that'd be a daunting challenge. Even just doing a blow-up diagram where it's partially broken apart to show the structure would probably get the true LEGO fiends most of the way.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#7 ClutchCrusher

ClutchCrusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationThe 'Couve

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yes! Yes, yes, yes!! Please make more.... I need a brick list and at least a partial set of phases for construction.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

#8 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostElix, on February 27 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

I said it in chat during the Cockpit tonight, and I'll say it again: LEGO Cuusoo these! Someone made a Fred mech, so, it can be done. :D

Oooor, post the parts list, since LEGO lets you pick-and-mix and special order exact pieces. Instructions would be helpful, although with ~700 bricks, I can understand that that'd be a daunting challenge. Even just doing a blow-up diagram where it's partially broken apart to show the structure would probably get the true LEGO fiends most of the way.

I second this. Put them up on Cuusoo. Never know what kind of support can be acquired.

#9 Skopkin

Skopkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:52 PM

I love lego stuff. If you could make a Cupcake like that it would be awesome :D

#10 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 27 2013 - 09:59 PM

Kjell i think you found a way to make money. lol. With permission from the devs to use their likenesses of course.

#11 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:13 PM

Domoff/Rocketeer could be done. Mechs like that, ones made out of a bunch of flat surfaces are obviously easier than curvy, smooth ones.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind making these for people and selling them, that is if people wanted them and the devs didn't mind. Pre-made or as kits. I have made box art/instruction manuals for legos before as presents before, though they've always been MUCH smaller. Even still making instruction manuals is way more time consuming than anything else, so unless someone were to actually want to buy one I'm not gonna do that lol.

So I guess devs, would you mind_ You guys want one for your desk even_

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#12 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:15 PM

That is seriously cool.  I have found even newer respect for the beard.  :o

That is right up there with this:
Posted Image

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#13 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:20 PM

life size pink chex fred with automated hip thrust or nothing.

kthxby

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#14 ApoC_101

ApoC_101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:22 PM

Love it. best mech for lego!
Posted Image

#15 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:25 PM

man I used to make lego minis all the time...

don't do this to me, I've been 4 years clean so far!

Posted Image

#16 SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!

Technical Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:27 PM

I can't speak to the legalities, but I would probably buy one.  How much_

#17 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:45 PM

Beard. Get me bruiser.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#18 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted February 27 2013 - 10:57 PM

If a brawler was made with the horrible frankenstein of part mixing that's on mine I'd pretty much be completely unable to resist, but that brawler is seriously incredible! I regret even more that I will be unable to be at PAX to see it!

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#19 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Post[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, on February 27 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I can't speak to the legalities, but I would probably buy one.  How much_

That I'm not entirely sure on. There's 2 places to buy bricks from, lego itself and bricklink. But with lego they only sell things current being produced. I've asked for a quote already to see what parts they have and how much it would cost though. Bricklink is like a lego ebay only it's a nightmare to shop there. It's where user convenience went to die. But you can get literally anything, no matter how old or obscure on bricklink. Bricklink prices are very random though as you have to buy from a dozen different people each charging different shipping.

So in reality I'll know friday what lego has and what I'll have to get from bricklink. The only other things that matters is whether its pre-assembled or done as a kit. If there's enough interest I can definitely do a truly proper kit that would look exactly like an official lego, but it would be a little more expensive than pre-assembled.

Posted Image

#20 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 27 2013 - 11:12 PM

Amazing! :D

You got any picture of a WIP's sample there_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users