HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Meet the Mech Masters: Level Designer Tyler Buser

Community Introduction Interview

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Glitch_07

Glitch_07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted May 09 2013 - 03:57 PM

bout to play new map XD hope its good.. lots of exploring to do _

#22 Ape3po

Ape3po

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 10 2013 - 08:17 AM

Houruck, on March 04 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

I know community made maps are not planned, but since you were also a modder what do you think about these maps like in World of Padman (originally a Q3 mod)_

Posted Image

It would be fun to stomp on a desk with tiny model Mechs. :D

Or stomp on tiny model mechs with your slightly bigger tiny model mechs! I'm jumping right off that open desk drawer!

#23 Beetlejuicer

Beetlejuicer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted October 12 2013 - 03:30 PM

Hey Tyler thanks for the intro man.  Great work on all the maps, my personal favorite is Origin.  I just wanted to give you an idea for a map that you may find interesting that I've mentioned on the forums before.   I'm seeing a mech battle on the giant deck of a prosk/setium mech transporter or battle ship WHILE moving across sky (OR space :)) in REALTIME.   This could introduce the oppurtunity to implement battle drones or other cool environment weapons. Just the battle itself would be awesome in my opinion!

#24 marshrover

marshrover

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 05:50 AM

How do you think of all the combat areas and make them so people can use them for certain purposes_ Like the choke point in uptown, the hidden cave and the spaces beside and behind the ship in wreckage, the tunnel and pyramid in last eco and so on. How do you make them work strategically like they do work_
*Health critical*
*Initiate contingency plan GTFO*
*Blitz active*

#25 weirdiolio

weirdiolio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationIn your basement

Posted August 14 2014 - 08:00 AM

Posted Image

#26 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 09:54 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 BurnsHot

BurnsHot

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Sun

Posted August 14 2014 - 11:55 AM

@marshrover: This is a good find.  I missed this thread so I never had a chance to add any input.  I'm actually surprised at the number(lack thereof) of post in this thread, as if, their was little interest from the community.

I would like to thank Tyler Buser for all the hard work he put into the maps.  There were so few back at the start of Open Beta.  The introduction of Front Line, Last Eco, Facility and Bunker was a God send.

If I could make a request.  Please consider adding Siege Mode to more of your maps.  The map rotations needs more variety.  I understand why the Bazaar map was taken out of the rotation, but I was sad to see it go.  that's one less map now.  I did not mind playing Siege on Bazaar and would prefer to leave that decision up to the players.  If anyone felt that it was unfair then they could have chosen to skip that map when it came up.  I think you catered too much to those Tournament oriented players but for the average Joe like me, any real or perceived imperfection didn't matter. I was too busy having fun.

Same goes for Bunker, you did a great job and players need to learn the terrains advantages and or disadvantages.  Don't give in to the whiners and change it.  I don't want cookie cutter maps filled with the same structures, look, and feel.

I'm looking forward to the next big update.

#28 Shadow1ess

Shadow1ess

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 14 2014 - 12:57 PM

Thank you for new maps!

#29 mmm_yep

mmm_yep

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted August 14 2014 - 01:04 PM

They should bring back this meet the mech masters interview thing. It's a great way to talk about game info from the devs between updates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Introduction, Interview

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users