HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How did you come up with your call sign_

• Please log in to reply
867 replies to this topic

#821 Rhune

Rhune

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted August 21 2013 - 06:39 PM

Short answer - because I'm a nerd. :)   I'm almost 40, and I started computer gaming as one of my hobbies when I was 8 so yeah about 32 years of all types of games and lots of CRPGs and MMOs to boot...and you tend to create a few names that stick. Rhune is my default name for most of my first characters in any game these days...been about 15 years now that I've used the name. My other is "Strikker"...but I find that is very commonly taken in most FPS games these days....I had that one back since the original Quake days.

#822 BudderIsACrime

BudderIsACrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on the East Coast

Posted August 22 2013 - 03:40 AM

I got my name from SkyDoesMinecraft (a very famous youtuber). I was so into him, I decided to try out how budder tasted like by itself, and it tasted nasty like! Then, I came up with this name as I changed my Steam name to BudderIsACrime. And if you seen the Meth, not even once commercial, yeah I sorta copied that too. So therefore my name is BudderIsACrime, not even once... But of course I'm still a fan/subscriber of Sky!
Posted Image

#823 ddustyk13

ddustyk13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted August 22 2013 - 03:53 AM

D = first initial, DUSTY = IRL nickname, K = last initial, 13 was either my age when i thought of this name, or my baseball jersey number that year

#824 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted August 22 2013 - 04:41 AM

I've said this before, but I'll keep saying it with a bit more info this time...

Pirits is an anagram for sPirit, odd in the fact that I claim no religion but I'd like to learn about all of them (or most of them) from someone who teaches it (preferred) or practices it...

Bucket list item #1 right there.

Edited by Pirits, August 22 2013 - 04:41 AM.

"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#825 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted September 02 2013 - 05:35 PM

Metroid referance

#826 The_Ender

The_Ender

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted July 12 2014 - 03:00 PM

ender itself is already taken. had to put the 'the' in front to somewhat turn it into what i liked :/
Every End Must First Begin...

#827 Hell_Diguner

Hell_Diguner

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted July 12 2014 - 03:21 PM

Bummed mine off a model's name from the Zoids franchise when I was about 11 for a RuneScape account. Never met a game where somebody took "my" avatar first, though lots of places have required modification because they don't like spacebar. Also had to use He11 instead of Hell a few times.

(Awesome necro, by the way)

Edited by Hell_Diguner, July 12 2014 - 03:37 PM.

#828 IronClamp

IronClamp

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationIn Space's Solemn Silence

Posted July 12 2014 - 03:32 PM

every good name I could think of without adding numbers was taken, so I just typed in some random name that sounded cool, then realized that it would be quiet the process to change it....

"Or maybe we'll just have to go through you"

#829 Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • LocationTurtles be turtlin'

Posted July 12 2014 - 03:38 PM

I chose hijinks the turtle because it's just my trademark handle with 'hjinks the' (insert word here).  I chose turtle because I thought it'd be funny.

Edited by Hijinks_The_Turtle, July 12 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#830 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted July 12 2014 - 03:58 PM

Posted ImageJust a nick name for a locomotive engineer, the old steam engines were called waterhogs the one running the engine was called a hoghead.  :)

Edited by hoghead, July 12 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#831 cornshuckerprime

cornshuckerprime

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationUS East

Posted July 12 2014 - 04:39 PM

My brother calls me a cornshucker with the same inflection as one would use while being insulting.
It also sounds like you're swearing, but not.
it's always been wankershim

#832 SamEureka

SamEureka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Locationall your base are belong to us

Posted July 12 2014 - 05:38 PM

There were two guys named Sam in a circle of friends... one who lived in Arcata, and one who lived in Eureka. One guess as to where I lived...
Posted Image

#833 SatelliteJack

SatelliteJack

Spaceman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationDropped on Illal

Posted July 12 2014 - 09:12 PM

Well my name is Jack, and I travel from one universe to the next in a satellite. Easy peasy.

Edited by SatelliteJack, July 12 2014 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

To be chill, drink warm tea. You paradoxical madman. -TwentyFirstPilot

#834 BigLag

BigLag

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted July 12 2014 - 09:40 PM

Had a lot of issues with lag many years ago...  fixed the lag now, kept the name

Edited by BigLag, July 12 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#835 Infyrno

Infyrno

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted July 12 2014 - 10:31 PM

I played a game called "freespace2" and my favourite weapon was the infyrno missile.  Damn that thing was fun. http://www.hard-ligh...php/GTM_Infyrno
But in fact, my goto name is "coffeguy" but that was taken :(
I got that name one day a long time ago when i first made an account on a (now dead :( ) 2d sandbox game called "incredibots" i was grinding some coffeebeans and i went to starbucks a lot so i called myself coffeeguy (I don't know I'm weird lol)

#836 Zero000

Zero000

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted July 12 2014 - 11:20 PM

GURPS: Basic book: Advantage: Social: Zeroed
Zeroed 2
1 to 10 points

You do not officially exist. Even the highest authorities in the land know nothing about you. In a high-tech world, you don't appear in the public records - and if computer databases exist, they contain no evidence of your existence. You must provide a reason for this; e.g., your parents hid you away at birth, you are legally dead, or you somehow managed to destroy all the records (explain how!).

The cost of this advantage is equal to the campaign’s dominant effective Tech Level multiplied by its (Control Rating/3), rounding down, to a maximum of 10 points.

For example, if you are in a Controlled (CR 4), medieval (TL3) setting, the cost of Zeroed is just (3 x 4/3 =) 4 points. Even though the culture is restrictive, it’s still relatively easy to forge or destroy records, and it’s hard for law-enforcement and record-keeping agencies to search databases, compare records, or quickly communicate with each other. In a Controlled (CR 4) modern (TL8) setting, or a magical medieval setting with equivalent communication and record-keeping abilities, the cost of Zeroed would be (8 x 4/3 = 10.66 = ) 10 points.

To maintain this status, you must deal strictly in cash or commodities. Credit and bank accounts must be blind (keyed to pass-code, not a person - the "Swiss bank account") or set up through a Temporary Identity. You must also use blind accounts or temporary identities when interacting with bureaucratic or commercial databases. This means that it is more difficult than normal to do routine activities such as renting a movie, checking out a library book, getting a driver’s license or buying insurance. On the other hand, because you are Zeroed, you can ignore the fines for not returning your books or movies, or for driving without a license or insurance.

If the authorities investigate you, they will initially assume that there an error. They will become increasingly concerned as no information can be found about your life. Eventually, they might attempt to apprehend you, or to “unzero” you by collecting data about you. If they can't find you, then they're likely to give up. But if they catch you, you are in for a thorough interrogation, possibly involving torture, mind probes, or worse. After all, a non-person has no rights. . . and it will be very difficult for your allies to prove that you are being held, as you don't officially exist!

In many societies, the dead aren’t likely to be listed as anything but “deceased,” meaning that the undead are effectively Zeroed (see the Dead special variation below). Spirits and created creatures (such as golems or robots) might also have the Zeroed advantage if they were created in secret.

It is impossible to be Zeroed and have an Alternate Identity at the same time, the act of establishing any “permanent” public persona negates the “zero” and vice-versa. It is possible to be Zeroed and to have temporary identities, however.
:mellow: That is why my picture is Unique!

#837 BlastChicken

BlastChicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 09:01 AM

A childhood friend and I use to play Blast chamber on playstation for HOURS. Some how I came up with BlastChicken.

Don't do drugs kids LOL
Give a man fire he will be warm for a night...Set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life

#838 MushyMoosh

MushyMoosh

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 10:38 AM

MUSHY MOOSH_!
Posted Image

#839 ScarletThirteen

ScarletThirteen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted July 13 2014 - 10:56 AM

Touhou (Remilia/Flandre Scarlet) + Ace Combat (Yellow 13) =
My call sign.

Of course, I'm definitely no Yellow 13, just a delusional cadet.
Leader of the non-existent Scarlet Squadron.
You can't treat a mech like a human being. A MECH NEEDS LOVE!
Raider-chan! Where have you been all my life!_  <3

#840 UncleBlitz

UncleBlitz

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

Posted July 13 2014 - 10:59 AM

edit: caught again in a necrologic thing....acceptable here but caught again.+.+. fuzzy bunny me!

Edited by UncleBlitz, July 13 2014 - 02:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users